Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2009   #1
Kain
Registered Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Question أصول الدين

No amount of reading can probably give me some of the info i need. Which is why i decided to open this thread.
First of all i just want to make it clear. This thread is not directed towards anyone. This thread is to be kept for learning and inquiries only, since what is to be discussed is sensitive to many if not most members and guests.

Anyone to participate in this thread should be as serious as possible when addressing the other about his ideas. Ma baddna 7ada yoghlat b7a2 l tene

I want to learn about the basics of christian religion, not historically but theologically, hence the title. What do you guys believe in exactly ( akid we all know that but i want to go further into the details), and why do you believe in that?
Also if possible I would like some info on the different theologies that christian sects adopt. What's the difference between these sects?

P.S: Of course this thread won't be confined to christianity. If any of you have questions about the theological basics of Islam i will try my best to give the info you want.

El-Meghwar (12-14-2009), H@SSāN (12-14-2009), halhoula (12-14-2009), Jess (12-15-2009), Sheriff Ice (12-15-2009), Sogelec (12-14-2009)
Old 12-14-2009   #2
El-Meghwar
Political Moderator

Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,400 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

I'll answer based on my own understanding to Christianity and based on what i've learned in school during the periods of "Religion".

في العهد القديم(قبل مجيء المسيح وظهور الديانة المسيحية) كانت النظرة إلى الله نظرة خوف من قبل شعبه (راجع الثورات التي كانت تصوّر الله بالظالم وصانع الكوارث)...وكان الإنسان واقعاً في الخطيئة ومصوّراً الله بأنه الخالق الساعي دوماً لمعاقبة شعبه وإنزال المصائب بهم

فجائت الديانة المسيحية كثورة على هذا المفهوم وتلك النظرة، فبحسب المسيحية فإن الله قرر تغيير نظرة شعبه إليه من خلال تجسدّه على الأرض بشكل إنسان من أجل خلاص البشرية من الخطايا العديدة التي وقعت بها وإرساء مفاهيم المحبّة والتسامح بدل الفكرة السابقة الموجودة بأن الله ظالم ويعاقب بقسوة

إن الديانة المسيحية مبنية على مفهوم أساسي هو المحبّة...فهي الرسالة التي أراد الله أن يرسلها لشعبه من خلال جعل الإنسان يلمس بأن الله ليس بظالم بل إنه مستعد للعذاب والموت من أجل خلقه فداءً لهم ومن أجل خلاصهم بعدما أصبحوا بعيدين جداً عنه

إن الله بحسب المسيحية ثالوث أقدس (آب،إبن،روح قدس) وهذا الثالوث الأقدس هو إله واحد أو الله... (إن شرح هذا المفهوم مسألة لاهوتية صعبة التفسير أو الفهم من قبل غير المتعمّقين في دراسة اللاهوت، لكنها مسألة أساسية في الديانة المسيحية)... ,اعتقد أن هذه المسألة مسألة خلاف رئيسية بين الدين المسيحي والدين الإسلامي

تجسّد الله على الأرض تمّ من خلال الإبن يسوع المسيح، (وهو ليس إبنه بالمفهوم الدنيوي للأمور، لكن كما سبق وذكرت عن الثالوث الأقدس)...وكانت رسالة المسيح إرساء ثقافة ومفاهيم جديدة لدى الشعب وتعريفه على الله المحبّ والمتسامح المستعد دوماً لخلاص الانسان الذي خلقه على صورته ومثاله

فإذاً وباختصار، الثالوث الأقدس هو إحدى مقوّمات الايمان المسيحي، وتجسّد الله من خلال الإبن (يسوع المسيح) كان لخلاص الإنسان الواقع في الخطيئة ونشر ثقافة المحبّة والتسامح والتوبة، بالإضافة إلى تغيير علاقة الإنسان بخالقه والتي كانت علاقة خوف ونظرة عبد إلى سيد ظالم

El-Meghwar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El-Meghwar For This Useful Post:
H@SSāN (12-15-2009), halhoula (12-14-2009), Kain (12-14-2009), mr_j (12-14-2009), Sheriff Ice (12-15-2009), Sogelec (12-15-2009)
Old 12-14-2009   #3
Kain
Registered Member

Thank you for a great reply. It really summed it up. But of course since this is an introduction i expect to see the rest tomorrow or as soon as possible

I don't only want to look for differences between our religions, I want to know about your religion as a whole. This thread is so that we can start from the very basic things and move up to the details.

I want to know about the basic chrisitian ideology and on what it stands, it seems you got my question since you answered about the saint trinity. So i'm awaiting the rest as soon as possible.

Thank you!!
El-Meghwar (12-14-2009), Sogelec (12-15-2009)
Old 12-14-2009   #4
halhoula
Registered Member

Groans: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK Kain, i'll give you some key points on the christian religion and the difference between sects.

The christian religion is based as El- meghwar said on the Holy Trinity, and we believe that the spirit of God (the Holy Spirit) caused The Virgin Mary to give birth to Jesus. So Basically God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit are one entity.

Now about the bases of Christianity: It can be resumed in one word: love.

God sent his son who sacrificed himself in a manifestation of how much God loved us and wanted us to join him in heaven. Some people say: Ok he is a God why didn't he save himself from death,the answer is very clear, he chose to suffer and to die because he loved us so much and wanted to save our souls.

The christian religion is also based on a book which is the bible it is a lil bit different from the Koran is since it can be translated and the Vatican chose it's content. For some sects basically catholics and orthdox we have saint, these are people who lived their life according to the will of God and after their death they did miracles.
Halla2 for the orthdox saints are declared saint before the 5th century A.D. (Anno Domini = in the years of our Lord).

Other differences between sects is the icon matter, Catholics and Orthodox believe that icons are a representation of a holy entity and by worshiping an icon we are worshiping the entity not the wood. But protestants don't they are against the icons.

The difference between Catholics and Orthodox: catholics (including maronites) follow the Pope, as for the Orthodox they follow an archbishop in Russia.

Ok i'll tell u what there are 100 thing in this subject. (maweheb el rou7 el koudous, 7ayet yasou3, el 2asrar, el zbi7a w 2a2sama, el kahanout, el rousol wil 2injiliyin....)
Get my mail from legent killer and i'll provide u with answers and information on all of these subjects.

Hope it was helpful
Kain (12-15-2009), Sheriff Ice (12-15-2009), TAREKŽ (12-17-2009)
Old 12-14-2009   #5
Tawa

Thanked 3,365 Times in 1,740 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 44 Times in 35 Posts

Very good thread, knowledge about different religions never hurts anyone.

About Christianity, and Theologically speaking, I can give you information about the Church's Social Education.

The Social Doctrine of the Church is based on the truth that God created the humans on his own image (خُلق البشر على صورة الله ومثاله).
Based on that, the Social Doctrine of the Church came out with 4 principles, and 4 values.

The 4 principles are:
1- The Personal-ism principle.
2- The Common Good principle.
3- The Subsidiarity principle.
4- The Solidarity principle.

The 4 values are:
1- The Value of Truth
2- The Value of Liberty
3- The Value of Justice
4- The Value of Charity

The 4 Principles and Values combined together can lead us towards much more better societies and a better inter-human relationships.
This is a very short summary about the Social Doctrine of the Church. It will give you a good idea, I can get you more information later on.
Adam (12-14-2009), halhoula (12-14-2009), Kain (12-15-2009)
Old 12-15-2009   #6
El-Meghwar
Political Moderator

Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,400 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

1- let me start by the Holy Trinity explanation.

يؤمن المسيحيون بإله واحد لا شريك له، غير محدود، مالئ السماوات والأرض، خالق الكل، أزلي قبل الأكوان، أبدي لا نهاية لملكه، ويظهر هذا جلياً في قانون الايمان المسيحي الذي يردده المسيحيون: نؤمن بإله واحد آب ضابط الكلّ خالق السماوات والأرض وكل ما يُرى ولا يُرى

لكن وحدانية الله كما أعلنها لنا في كتابه المقدس هي وحدانية جامعة ومن هنا جاء مفهوم التثليث. هذا المفهوم لا يعني مطلقاً وجود ثلاثة آلهة كما يتوهم البعض ولكن هذا المفهوم يعني أن الله الواحد
  • موجود بذاته فأعلن مسمياً نفسها الأب
  • ناطق بكلمته فأعلن مسمياً نفسه الابن – الكلمة
  • حي بروحه فأعلن مسمياً نفسه الروح القدس

ذلك يجب ألاّ يُفهم من هذه المسميات، وجود علاقة جسدية كما في المفهوم البشري (أب – وابن) وإنما دلالاتها روحية بالكامل. كذلك هذه المسميات لم تأت من وضع إنسان أو اختراع بشر وإنما هي كلمات الوحي الإلهي كما جاء في الكتاب المقدس

ومن هنا يتضح لنا الاستنتاج التالي كما لخّصه أحد العلماء إذ يقول " لا يمكن أن الله الواحد الذي أوجد الموجودات كلها، يكون هو نفسه بلا وجود ذاتي. ولا يمكن أن الله الذي خلق الإنسان ناطقاً، أن يكون غير ناطق بالكلمة. ولا يمكن أن الله الذي خلق الحياة في كل كائن حي، أن يكون هو غير حي بالروح. لذلك تحتم أن يكون في الله الواحد، ثالوث أقدس. وهذا هو المصطلح المعروف "إله واحد في ثلاثة أقانيم
من هنا أيضاً يمكننا تفسير مبدأ رئيسي آخر في الديانة المسيحية وهو أن الله خلق الإنسان على صورته ومثاله:موجود ذاتياً، ناطق وفيه روح

That was a simple explanation about the Holy trinity.

2- Now i will pass to another important point in Christianity which is : The Human being is the only creature who has a soul.

فالديانة المسيحية تنفي أن يكون لأي كائن آخر حيوان كان أم نبات مالكاً للروح، بل هذه مخلوقلت فانية، أمًا الإنسان المخلوق على صورة الله ومثاله هو الوحيد الممتلك للروح التي تتحررمن الجسد بعد الوفاة وتعود إلى الله لتُحاسب و تحيا الحياة الأبدية

3- The freedom of choice.

الإنسان مخير في كل شئ في حياته ماعدا ما يتعلق بمولده بما في ذلك الوطن الذي نشئ فيه و أبويه و جنسه و لونه، فالله خلق جميع الناس متساوين وأعطاهم حرية الإختيار والتصرّف في حياتهم على أن يُحاسبوا في الآخرة على أفعالهم، بالطبع فإن الحكمة الإلهية من خلال خلق إنسان معيّن في ظرف أشدّ وأصعب من ظرف غيره تبقى حكمة إلهية لا يقدر الإنسان على فهمها، لكنه عامةً فالإنسان حرّ التصرّف، والله قد يتدخل أحياناً لصالحه (من هنا تكمن أهمية الإيمان والصلاة التي تقرّبنا من الله) فكلّما كان الإنسان مؤمناً ومحبّاً كلّما تقرّب أكثر من الله الذي سيتدخل لصاحه في بعض الأمور، أمّا الإنسان فله حرية الخيار والتصرّف وإلّا فما مغزى الثواب والعقاب في الآخرة لو كان الله من رسم مصير كل إنسان؟؟

4- Love in Christianity.

كما سبق وذكرت سابقاً، إن المحبّة في المسيحية هي الرسالة الأساسية والأهم التي اراد الله إيصالها لشعبه من خلال تجسّد المسيح على الأرض وموته صلباً فداءً للإنسان وإرسال أكبر رسالة محبّة وتسامح في تاريخ البشرية، فالله القادر على كل شيء تنازل وتجسّد وتعذب ومات من أجل خلاص الإنسان وإرساء هذه القيم الجديدة بعد أن كان الإنسان غارقاً في الهلاك وعبادة الأصنام والآلهة المتعددة قبل مجيء المسيح، فالله لم يكن مضطرّاً لتحمّل كل هذا العذاب لو كان ظالماً كما كانت النظرة في العهد القديم، بل كان قادراً على خلاص نفسه من الصلب، بل أهمية رسالة المحبّة والتسامح والخلاص التي أراد إيصالها للإنسان استحقّت تلك المعاناة العظيمة، فعودة الإنسان إلى هذه القيم والعودة إلى الله الحقيقي كانت نتيجة التضحية التي قام بها الله من خلال صلب الإبن الذي سامح من صلبه وهو في أشدّ معاناته "سامحهم يا أبتاه لأنهم لا يدرون ماذا يفعلون" وهي العبارة التي قالها المسيح وهو على الصليب، كما أن قيامة المسيح بعد ثلاثة أيّام من موته رمز لقيامة الإنسان بعد موته وصعوده للآب وتحدّ للفناء الذي هو صفة جسدية، أمّا الروح فهي غير فانية وقيامة المسيح رمز لها، مع العلم أن قيامة المسيح حصلت جسداً وروحاً وذلك لكونه الله حقّا

فالتسامح والمحبة هي رسالة المسيحية الرئيسية وتظهر من خلال أقوال السيد المسيح أثناء حياته "أحبّوا بعضكم بعضاً كما أنا أحببتكم" .. ففي المحبة والغفران نجد الطريق إلى الله، كما وتظهر من خلال أفعاله أثناء حياته على الأرض

وتنيبثق من المحبّة القيم الانسانية العديدة التي دعا إليها المسيح وهي مساعدة المرضى والمحتاجين، وفعل الخير إلخ... وكل هذه الأمور موجودة في الكتاب المقدس من خلال العجائب والأعمال التي قام بها المسيح أثناء حياته

5- God in Christianity=love and peace

إن نظرة المسيحية لله بدلّت المعتقدات السابقة التي صوّرت الله بالسيد الظالم، فالعلاقة بين الإنسان والله في المسيحية لميست علاقة سيّد بعبد، بل هي علاقة محبّة بين الخالق والمخلوق، فالله موجود لمساعدتنا وحمايتنا، وكلّما تقرّبنا منه من خلال الصلاة والإيمان كلّما اقتربنا من الخلاص والغفران، فالله في المسيحية غفور ومستعد دوماً للمسامحة شرط أن تكون التوبة والعودة للذات صادرة من قناعة حقيقية لدى الإنسان، والله أدرى بالنوايا الحقيقية والنابعة من الروح والقلب، أمّا البعيدين عن طريق الله وتعاليمه والرافضين العودة والتوبة فمصيرهم العقاب بعد أن فوّتوا عليهم جميع الفرص والدعوات التي وضعها الله في طريقهم أثناء حياتهم، وحتى هؤولاء فإن الله يحزن لمصيرهم

Well, these are few points (of course if i wanted to sum up everything related to Christianity i will need to write a whole book )

I hope i was able to explain the most important points in Christianity from my own point of view based on what i've learned.

Now of course if you wish to ask about any other subject that i didn't mention in my posts, feel free to ask, and i am sure that the discussions will lead us to many gates concerning other subjects.

I guess these points are quiet enough to discuss for now as a start, and for sure we will reach so many other points during our discussions.

El-Meghwar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to El-Meghwar For This Useful Post:
H@SSāN (12-15-2009), Kain (12-15-2009), MARX Ž (12-15-2009), Sheriff Ice (12-15-2009)
Old 12-15-2009   #7
xcoder
Ma ghayro

Thanked 4,201 Times in 2,361 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts

Kain, get the Bible and read it man, it will take you few days, it's easy Arabic not like Koran. it's all based on small stories / examples and miracles.

The good side of Christianity is that it praises Love, how true and how much applied these are is a story by itself.
Tawa (12-15-2009)
Old 12-15-2009   #8
Kain
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoder View Post
Kain, get the Bible and read it man, it will take you few days, it's easy Arabic not like Koran. it's all based on small stories / examples and miracles.

The good side of Christianity is that it praises Love, how true and how much applied these are is a story by itself.
Hehehe ma ken badde enfaham ghalat.
I'm not looking for basic knowledge on christianity. I want to go into the details. I want to get the deep ideological information that you guys can help provide and not the superficial information that everyone knows. I already planned to start reading the bible once i finish the book i'm reading now..But that can only take me so far ideologically and historically.

Many people have read the bible before and interpreted it 3a zaw2on. I'm in no position to do that. Which is why i need to know about christian ideology in order to truly grasp what Christians believe in. History cannot give me that.

w ma 7ada yefhamne ghalat i haven't been living in a bubble all my life bas I want to get to the details and go further.

And i really want to thank all of you for taking the time for providing me and others with this info.

I'm at work now i can't reply to you guys because i can't concentrate once i'll get home it's the first thing i'll get to
Old 12-15-2009   #9
Kain
Registered Member

@hala: yes it was very helpful ra7 tezha2e menne 2ad ma 7a es2alik as2ila

@marwan: question edited: How does christianity view creation? why were we created?

@anyone who can answer me: What is your view on heaven and hell ( not who goes there, but why do they go there?). What must a person do to get into heaven and what does he do to deserve to go to hell?

I would like to go into the details of the notion: Jesus died for our sins. Could you please explain it for me?

@ Tawa: I realize i could use google to look for the explanations and ideological value of what you just posted. But could you possibly explain them for us here? ( kermel l kell yestafeed).

Thank you

( 7ases 7ale metel abousoun bhal thread)

Last edited by Kain; 12-15-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kain For This Useful Post:
TAREKŽ (12-22-2009)
Old 12-15-2009   #10
halhoula
Registered Member

Groans: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Allow me to say a few things about heaven and hell:

Now first of all the main difference between Islam and Christianity in the matter of heaven is that in the Koran they actually describe heaven (the river of honey and the 40 mermaids) but in the christian religion the only time that the KIND of describe heaven it's when Jesus takes his followers (tlemizo, les apotres) actually 2 of them and reveals to them his God-like qualities (we call this in arabic al tajali). In the Bible they actually say that the light was so bright that they barely were able to see.

Halla2 to deserve heaven you have to follow the 10 commandments which are:

1 I am the LORD your God, you shall have no other gods before me.
2 You shall not take the Name of the LORD your God in vain.
3 Keep holy day of the LORD (Sunday).
4 Honor your father and your mother.
5 You shall not kill.
6 You shall not commit adultery.
7 You shall not steal.
8 You shall not bear false witness.
9 You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
10 You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.

and of course you have to be a good and kind human being, treat people with love, pray, go to church on sundays, go to confession, abide by the rules (more like exemples) cited in the Bible.... You have to add that we kind of have the same aspect of Marthyrdom but in in the same way. Marthyrs of the church become saints and gain heaven, Like Saint George, St John... they were killed while they were spreading the words of Jesus, It is not like Jihad, it very different from it.

If i remember sth i'll make sure to post it

Kain (12-15-2009), mr_j (12-15-2009)

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Tags
أصول, basics, christianity, islam, theology