Kain
Registered Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halhoula View Post
Allow me to say a few things about heaven and hell:

Now first of all the main difference between Islam and Christianity in the matter of heaven is that in the Koran they actually describe heaven (the river of honey and the 40 mermaids) but in the christian religion the only time that the KIND of describe heaven it's when Jesus takes his followers (tlemizo, les apotres) actually 2 of them and reveals to them his God-like qualities (we call this in arabic al tajali). In the Bible they actually say that the light was so bright that they barely were able to see.

Halla2 to deserve heaven you have to follow the 10 commandments which are:

1 I am the LORD your God, you shall have no other gods before me.
2 You shall not take the Name of the LORD your God in vain.
3 Keep holy day of the LORD (Sunday).
4 Honor your father and your mother.
5 You shall not kill.
6 You shall not commit adultery.
7 You shall not steal.
8 You shall not bear false witness.
9 You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
10 You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.

and of course you have to be a good and kind human being, treat people with love, pray, go to church on sundays, go to confession, abide by the rules (more like exemples) cited in the Bible.... You have to add that we kind of have the same aspect of Marthyrdom but in in the same way. Marthyrs of the church become saints and gain heaven, Like Saint George, St John... they were killed while they were spreading the words of Jesus, It is not like Jihad, it very different from it.

If i remember sth i'll make sure to post it

about confession: Why do some christian sects believe that confession is necessary and others don't?
How did the idea of confession start? If there is a reference in the bible to confession could you cite it for me ? 3am 3azzbik ma3e

Old 12-15-2009   #12
halhoula
Registered Member

Groans: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well here is the thing, this is something not mentioned in the bible, and the catholic church arranged this.
Hon the difference between Catholics and orthodox: el Catholics byi3tirfo la a priest wil orthodox byi3tirfo minon la rabon. while the protestants don't believe or approve of any sir min 2asrar el kanise especially confession.
mr_j (12-21-2009)
Old 12-15-2009   #13
mr_j
Community Moderator

Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Allow me to say a few things about heaven and hell:

Now first of all the main difference between Islam and Christianity in the matter of heaven is that in the Koran they actually describe heaven (the river of honey and the 40 mermaids) but in the christian religion the only time that the KIND of describe heaven it's when Jesus takes his followers (tlemizo, les apotres) actually 2 of them and reveals to them his God-like qualities (we call this in arabic al tajali). In the Bible they actually say that the light was so bright that they barely were able to see.

Halla2 to deserve heaven you have to follow the 10 commandments which are:

1 I am the LORD your God, you shall have no other gods before me.
2 You shall not take the Name of the LORD your God in vain.
3 Keep holy day of the LORD (Sunday).
4 Honor your father and your mother.
5 You shall not kill.
6 You shall not commit adultery.
7 You shall not steal.
8 You shall not bear false witness.
9 You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
10 You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.

and of course you have to be a good and kind human being, treat people with love, pray, go to church on sundays, go to confession, abide by the rules (more like exemples) cited in the Bible.... You have to add that we kind of have the same aspect of Marthyrdom but in in the same way. Marthyrs of the church become saints and gain heaven, Like Saint George, St John... they were killed while they were spreading the words of Jesus, It is not like Jihad, it very different from it.

If i remember sth i'll make sure to post it

no, the 10 commandments were done after jesus came
it is written somewhere that jesus said that he is here to end these commandmends and give a new order

Quote:
قد سمعتم أنه قيل للقدماء. لا تزن. وأما انا فأقول لكم إن كل من ينظر إلي امرأة ليشتهيها فقد زني بها في قلبه" (مت 5: 27, 28).
Quote:
واما انا فاقول لكم ان كل من يغضب على اخيه باطلا يكون مستوجب الحكم.ومن قال لاخيه رقا يكون مستوجب المجمع.ومن قال يا احمق يكون مستوجب نار جهنم
انجيل متى 22 .
about the second one, I wish I can find the full text, before he says "w amma ana" he was talking about that in the old days people were simply told do not kill, so he continues the sentence with but I say to you...

the 10 commandments are not really the basis of christianity, if you read the bible and follow the catholic church, masturbation is a sin, dressing inappropriatly is a sin, having dirty thoughts is a sin etc...
but who is following that right?

and heaven is described in "rou2ya you7anna" that text is particularly hard to read so not many actualy tried to read it, but the first 3 chapters are relatvly easy, they described "orachalim el samawiya" which is what I think is heaven it says for example that it is always day there because God lights it up, and he describes the city and etc...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_j For This Useful Post:
halhoula (12-15-2009), Kain (12-15-2009)
Old 12-15-2009   #14
MARX ®
Registered Member

Groans: 4

GR8 Topic guyz! really got known better to Christianity!

I got a small question:
Can anyone explain to me the story of Mary magdalen?
Old 12-16-2009   #15
halhoula
Registered Member

Groans: 8

Mary Magdalen is one of the acquaintances of Jesus and she is mentioned in the Bible.
The Story says that she was a prostitutes, and she had 7 or 8 devils in her. So Jesus cured her and exorcised the spirits out of her and she became one of his followers and of course stopped being a prostitute.

N.B. I never studied theology and i'm neither a nun nor a priest; so i'm not 100% sure of my information. So i would appreciate every correction and opinion.
MARX ® (12-16-2009), mr_j (12-21-2009)
Old 12-16-2009   #16
billy01
Vcoderz Team

Groans: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_j View Post
no, the 10 commandments were done after jesus came
it is written somewhere that jesus said that he is here to end these commandmends and give a new order
well jesus as mentioned in the bible ( ill search for the reference later ) did not came to end the 10 commandmends but rather to give them a new meaning and a more new horizon and aspect wich is the aspect of love :
jesus added 2 more :
احبب الرب الاهك من كل عقلك و من كل نفسك و من كل قلبك و احبب قريبك حبك لنفسك !
and in another place ( while talking about al chari3a )jesus says:
انا لم اتي لانقض بل لاكمل !
and this is what the juis didnt understand ( gheyr 3an ktir 2osas )
and to add on this : bi masal el chab el ghani when the rich guy ask jesus for God's kingdom jesus ask him to act according to 10 commandments and when the rich guy told him that he has already done that. here jesus asked him to leave everything, give it to the poor and follow him ( --> to actualy exercice the love to all human kind and to give everything to them and also to give no importance to material belongings and rely totaly on God's grace )

hope this will clear a bit some ideas.
billy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to billy01 For This Useful Post:
halhoula (12-17-2009)
Old 12-16-2009   #17
mr_j
Community Moderator

Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts

yeah ok, but my point is the 10 commandments are not our basics anymore since jesus gave more
but you don't see the church emphasizing much on these teachings that jesus said

in fact most of the stories we hear in church are about the miracles jesus did, how he was born, how he got lost in the temple etc... happy stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to mr_j For This Useful Post:
halhoula (12-17-2009)
Old 12-19-2009   #18
Kain
Registered Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts

Ok i'm back with more questions:

1- If anyone could give me more info on this then i would be very greatful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa
About Christianity, and Theologically speaking, I can give you information about the Church's Social Education.

The Social Doctrine of the Church is based on the truth that God created the humans on his own image (خُلق البشر على صورة الله ومثاله).
Based on that, the Social Doctrine of the Church came out with 4 principles, and 4 values.

The 4 principles are:
1- The Personal-ism principle.
2- The Common Good principle.
3- The Subsidiarity principle.
4- The Solidarity principle.

The 4 values are:
1- The Value of Truth
2- The Value of Liberty
3- The Value of Justice
4- The Value of Charity

The 4 Principles and Values combined together can lead us towards much more better societies and a better inter-human relationships.
This is a very short summary about the Social Doctrine of the Church. It will give you a good idea, I can get you more information later on.
2- What is earth? what are we doing here ? why were we created? what's the point? ( no not your own personal philosophy...i want to know what christianity has to say on the matter)

Last edited by Kain; 12-19-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #19
El-Meghwar
Political Moderator

Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,400 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kain View Post
ok i'm back with more questions:

1- if anyone could give me more info on this then i would be very greatful

2- what is earth? What are we doing here ? Why were we created? What's the point? ( no not your own personal philosophy...i want to know what christianity has to say on the matter)
بحسب المسيحية فإن الله خلق الإنسان على صورته ومثاله كما سبق وذكرت سابقاً، وبعد أن وقع الإنسان في الخطيئة وتمرّد على إرادة الله (آدم وحوّاء) غضب الله من الإنسان وطرده من الجنّة وأرسله إلى الأرض كي يجني عيشه من عرق جبينه

فإذاً إن حياة الإنسان على الأرض تأتي في هذا السياق، لهذا على الإنسان أن يعيش حياته على الأرض بإيمان وتقرّب نم الله محاولاً قدر الإمكان الإبتعاد عن الخطيئة والتوبة عنها

فالهدف من حياة الإنسان على الأرض هو الإيمان بكلمة الله ورسالته حسب تعاليم يسوع المسيح كي يصل إلى الخلاص ويحصل على التوبة الكاملة كي يتمكن من دخول الجنة مجدداً

more to come

Last edited by El-Meghwar; 12-20-2009 at 08:40 PM.
El-Meghwar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El-Meghwar For This Useful Post:
halhoula (12-20-2009), Kain (12-20-2009), TAREK® (12-21-2009)
Old 12-20-2009   #20
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,546 Posts
Groans: 186
Groaned at 198 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Mary Magdalen is one of the acquaintances of Jesus and she is mentioned in the Bible.
The Story says that she was a prostitutes, and she had 7 or 8 devils in her. So Jesus cured her and exorcised the spirits out of her and she became one of his followers and of course stopped being a prostitute.

N.B. I never studied theology and i'm neither a nun nor a priest; so i'm not 100% sure of my information. So i would appreciate every correction and opinion.
all that time kenet mfaker mary magdalen virgin mary , thanks for the info.
halhoula (12-22-2009)

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Tags
أصول, basics, christianity, islam, theology