Old 11-27-2011   #21
Sheriff Ice
info@sync.com.lb

Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H@SSāN View Post
now this's one of the most stupid thing I've ever read... enno why would a wife refuse to sleep with her husbund ? sex is a part of a good marriage, the couple should be satisfied with each other, if she doesn't want to, then she should ask for divorce ...
Maybe She is a Lesbian,
Or He doesnt satisfies her so she is ok with masturbation or dildos!

H@SSāN (11-27-2011)
Old 11-27-2011   #22
mr_j
Community Moderator

Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
This is not about the article. He was being offensive.
yes I was, we're drifting off topic though.

just because something is a creed doesn't mean it isn't a stupid creed or a hurtful creed, and I cannot be expected to just sit around and accept what comes from it, all the abused and battered wives in Lebanon have nowhere to go and no power to do anything because of this

this isn't about just rape, it's also about battering women, some women have broken bones and a closed swollen eye, sorry for offending your creed actually I offended someone else's creed but still.

people are allowed to be the direct or indirect cause of physical damage and I can't even talk, saying stuff nicely does not work, someone should really point out the enormous stupidity in these situations...

edit: but if you really think about my offending comment... the christian did not like the idea, and the muslims have been for a year protesting against this law(it's a man's right to beat his wife) the reality is more offending than anything I could point out

Last edited by mr_j; 11-27-2011 at 03:52 PM.
mr_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #23
Kain
Registered Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_j View Post
yes I was, we're drifting off topic though.

just because something is a creed doesn't mean it isn't a stupid creed or a hurtful creed, and I cannot be expected to just sit around and accept what comes from it, all the abused and battered wives in Lebanon have nowhere to go and no power to do anything because of this

this isn't about just rape, it's also about battering women, some women have broken bones and a closed swollen eye, sorry for offending your creed actually I offended someone else's creed but still.

people are allowed to be the direct or indirect cause of physical damage and I can't even talk, saying stuff nicely does not work, someone should really point out the enormous stupidity in these situations...

edit: but if you really think about my offending comment... the christian did not like the idea, and the muslims have been for a year protesting against this law(it's a man's right to beat his wife) the reality is more offending than anything I could point out
I was not discussing the topic. Only your remark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_j
if she doesn't want to, just smack her around byemché l7al, that's what jesus would have done
The topic i don't mind at all. However, I strongly oppose the way you address people who adopt different views than yours. You're turning into an atheist bigot.
fafooooo (11-27-2011)
Old 11-27-2011   #24
mr_j
Community Moderator

it was hard to separate this from religion, it was the only obstacle against passing this law!

what is funny is that jam3iyet el refe2 bel 7ayawen is soon going to propose a series of laws to protect animals from cruelty. if these laws pass animals in lebanon will have more rights than our women yes that would be a very proud moment in our history
Old 11-27-2011   #25
Kain
Registered Member

Quote:
it was hard to separate this from religion, it was the only obstacle against passing this law!
It's obvious that this is linked to religion, that's not what i am opposing. Again ya 3ayne, i am against that very remark you made.
Old 11-27-2011   #26
H@SSāN
حـسـا ن

Groans: 56
Groaned at 38 Times in 27 Posts

I'm not against a law that protects women from being battered (I've just learned this word from you ), but we were talking about the wife being raped by her husband, you can't just issue a law that punishes the guy just because his wife wasn't in the mood for it, some women can manipulate this law... Women can be evil too

I'd like to add this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
While the law in theory may hold no distinction between a spouse or any other person, in practice when the case comes to court there will be difficulties in proving that rape in fact took place. This is because in marriage, sexual relations are to be expected, and if the defense claims consent, then the evidential burden is a very difficult burden for the prosecution to discharge.[57]
The very definition of consent can also lead to problems and deadlock, since social norms permit a varying level of physical intimacy (and freedom) depending on the relationship between the parties.
Old 11-27-2011   #27
fafooooo
Registered Member

Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Is there anything I can add to the thanks I posted to you're reply and especially this sentence?

Quote:
The topic i don't mind at all. However, I strongly oppose the way you address people who adopt different views than yours. You're turning into an atheist bigot.
Kain (11-27-2011)
Old 11-27-2011   #28
mr_j
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by H@SSāN View Post
I'm not against a law that protects women from being battered (I've just learned this word from you ), but we were talking about the wife being raped by her husband, you can't just issue a law that punishes the guy just because his wife wasn't in the mood for it, some women can manipulate this law... Women can be evil too

I'd like to add this
laws and technicalities bye3la2o for example if the woman was ok with it at the begining, after the process started ghayyaret ra2ya... and since consensual sex requires consent throughout the entire thing it is disputable in such cases whether it is rape or not... but that's not what I am talking about nor what I care about(anymore than you do) it is also hard to prove that she did not consent in these cases

rape usually, what you and I define as rape involves some kind of violence, maybe he slaps her across the face while trying to get what he wants or he forces her violently, that should not be permitted. if a woman shows up to the police station with a black eye and says she was raped by her husband, they send her home now without doing anything...

Quote:
t's obvious that this is linked to religion, that's not what i am opposing. Again ya 3ayne, i am against that very remark you made.
it's because that it is linked that I made that comment... we're just running around in circles now
Old 11-27-2011   #29
Kain
Registered Member

Quote:
it's because that it is linked that I made that comment... we're just running around in circles now
La2 3ayne. If you can't debate a religious topic without being offensive and insulting then i suggest you stay away from religious debates.
Old 11-27-2011   #30
mr_j
Community Moderator

alright I give up

I'm sorry and I will do my best to lower my ... aggressiveness?

for those who might have misunderstood the original quote anyway it was not about Jesus(although his name figures) he obviously wouldn't have beaten his wife(not that he'd get married) it was about the people who claim to be christians and "byestaw7o" these actions... this is what the deputees involved thought that as christian representatives they should do

edit: I also like to add once again my disappointment in the fpm deputes

Vcoderz Community > Political Section > Political Forum

Tags
الحق