Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies > E-Learning Center

Notices

E-Learning Center E-Learning tutorials and competitions.

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2010   #1
Genius704
Registered Member

Groans: 9
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Smile Bash Scripting

Ok guys, i think this is the best time to tell you that i got hired at Google as a servers tech. All my job requires linux, which i have no problem with since i took that in school, but part of my job is using Bash scripting, or using linux built in bash to make scripts that will be used in our project and if it passes they might use it in all sites. What do you think or what do you know about bash scripting. I am a networking major not a computer science, if this information helps at all.
Thanks
Any information is much appreciated

Genius704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010   #2
Google

Thanked 1,100 Times in 651 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts

Congratulation. How did you applied for the job and where are you working? Could you please give some information on the process of applying for a job at Google?

I uploaded for you this:
http://securepp.net/fa816edb83e95bf0c8da580bdfd491ef/Mastering UNIX Shell Scripting.7z
Download it now. I will delete it tomorrow.

How did they hire you for such a job if you're not so good at shell scripting? Did you tell them that you're good at it?

Google is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010   #3
Genius704
Registered Member

Thanks for the congrats! Actually my job here is networking, and i am pretty good at it, i have loads of experience, but we have projects that need scripting. Projects are usually extra work on the side that will help me earn points and reputation to move up, if are used nationally. I live in the states and work here too. You? My friends husband works here so he took my resume and got me the interview, not the job, and i got interviewed by my manager and he liked me. Thank you sooo much for the file.
Old 01-15-2010   #4
Google

Actually, I dream about working at Google cause I believe in the power of Google that would change the world one day. I don't want to work anywhere for the time being. I just need 2 years to finish my studies at the university. During this period I'm working on improving myself more and more. My knowledge is increasing exponentially each day so that by the end of these 2 years I'll be awesome (ready to work) .
Even though I'm learning huge amount of information and experience each day, I always have a feeling that the world is running too fast! I just can't get all that information the world is generating each day. No one can. This seems like a lost race, but I'm up to it!

Last edited by Kingroudy; 01-15-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: awful is bad, awesome is awesome :D
Old 01-15-2010   #5
Genius704
Registered Member

Default Yup

Man you are true.. Life is going too fast, and i also am trying to keep up with the technology. I want to get CCNA, CCNP, CEH, I want to learn programming, so C++, and eventually i want to get the CISSP, but no time!! Anyways, good luck with all that bro, you are on the right track!
The Following User Says Thank You to Genius704 For This Useful Post:
RUSSIAN (01-15-2010)
Old 01-15-2010   #6
RUSSIAN
Registered Member

Groans: 23
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google View Post
Actually, I dream about working at Google cause I believe in the power of Google that would change the world one day.
And what world it will create? The world of total control, The world without any personal life? Or what you expect from this western company?

Last edited by RUSSIAN; 01-15-2010 at 12:28 PM.
RUSSIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010   #7
Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSIAN View Post
And what world it will create? The world of total control, The world without any personal life? Or what you expect from this western company?

And what do you want? A Flintstones world?
Western company? Yes, it is western. So what? If it were eastern I would look at it the same way. It's not God's responsibility if we don't have such a company in our eastern world. What should we do? Should we die?
No personal life? What should we do? Should we stop using computers? Or simply shut down ourselves from the Internet?
The world is tough. There is no place for stupid people.

Old 01-15-2010   #8
Genius704
Registered Member

Man, just please be open minded so you can develop and prosper. Google is doing great stuff to the world, i wish i could talk about the project we are working on right now, it's still confidential, but it will change the world! It will change a concept that has been used for THOUSANDS of years.
Old 01-15-2010   #9
RUSSIAN
Registered Member

Groans: 23
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts

I'm not totally against Google. It's a good search engines and now we don't have any alternative. But why the world should be changed by a site, although so great?
Quote:
Western company? Yes, it is western. So what? If it were eastern I would look at it the same way.
And I'm disagree. Their companys already have a great power in this world. Just look, you can found their equipment everywhere. And now you also want the internet, where there is some freedom yet, to be under their control? I'm sorry, but i never can agree with you.
And I'm still waiting for answer for my question (how Google will change the world).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius704 View Post
Google is doing great stuff to the world, i wish i could talk about the project we are working on right now, it's still confidential, but it will change the world! It will change a concept that has been used for THOUSANDS of years.
Could you please tell when this information will be published by Google, if you know?

Last edited by RUSSIAN; 01-15-2010 at 05:31 PM.
RUSSIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010   #10
Google

Quote:
And I'm disagree. Their companys already have a great power in this world. Just look, you can found their equipment everywhere. And now you also want the internet, where there is some freedom yet, to be under their control? I'm sorry, but i never can agree with you.
Their companies already have a great power all over the world. So what? How said no? For the second time, it's not God's responsibility if we don't have such a company in our eastern world. You're afraid about your private life? Don't use their equipment, tools, services or whatever you what to call it.

Quote:
And I'm still waiting for answer for my question (how Google will change the world)
The evolution of computers and the internet is changing the world (If you say no then I will shut up). Google is contributing in this which means that Google is helping to change the world to a better state (that's if you wanna take things literally).

The Following User Says Thank You to Google For This Useful Post:
Genius704 (01-15-2010)

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies > E-Learning Center

Tags
bash, scripting