Old 02-23-2007   #11
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,593 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Children Sex Education

i voted for teachers, at the age of 11.
well, ta koun sari7, i understood the WHOLE issue after 11 i was 12. too late, but nothing was wrong, 3al alile ma 7ada naza3ne, ma3 ennou i knew some things since i was younger.
i dont feel like talking with parents about this subject (now and b4).
the teachers are for me the best ones, they know what they should teach, and stay away from p0rn, and teachers tought me this and no one else.
of course NOT NOT NOT NOT friends, la annou byenza3ou lal sha5es bi kell sara7a. la annou when talking about this subject,5edou 3a p0rn, and some vcd's will be played late at night.
i thank god ma 7ada naza3ne, ma3 ennou i do have some p0rn on my pc

Old 07-26-2007   #12
abousoun
Registered Member

Thanked 3,964 Times in 1,663 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

Well i think parents and teachers are the most qualified people to help children know about sex,

a kid can never learn well by his own ... magazines, videos contain wrong informations in the most of times ...

also friends if they are at the same age, so most probably they know as much as you do ...

halla2 unfortunately, what happens in lebanon is the opposite ... most parents feel shy to talk about sex with their children, there is no sexual education at school ...

so this leave the kid to discover this subject on his own

Thank You ...
Old 07-27-2007   #13
god
Registered Member

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

the south park episode "Proper condom use" explains it all!
It's the parent's role, and the school should just provide info about the anatomy and the purely physical process (+ objectively informing the students about STDs and pregnancy), the meaning and importance should be taught by the parents! and at a 'relatively' young age.. if you have the time to watch this south park episode, please do :P
The Following User Says Thank You to god For This Useful Post:
abousoun (07-27-2007)
Old 07-27-2007   #14
Josee
Registered Member

Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts

I think that the parents and the teachers should assure the sexual education of the children,at the age of 10 because at that time,bi balcho l children yefhamo in everything,almost bas under one condition which is to tell them the truth,mech iza the child asked the dad from where do childs come from y2elo his dad men l malfoufe
Old 12-20-2007   #15
abousoun
Registered Member

Thanked 3,964 Times in 1,663 Posts
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

Sex education found to help teenagers delay sex
Wed Dec 19, 5:36 PM ET
CHICAGO (Reuters)

Teenagers who have had formal sex education are far more likely to put off having sex, contradicting earlier studies on the effectiveness of such programs, U.S. researchers said on Wednesday.

They found teenage boys who had sex education in school were 71 percent less likely to have intercourse before age 15, and teen girls who had sex education were 59 percent less likely to have sex before age 15.
Sex education also increased the likelihood that teen boys would use contraceptives the first time they had sex, according to the study by researchers at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which was published in the Journal of Adolescent Health.

"Sex education seems to be working," Trisha Mueller, an epidemiologist with the CDC who led the study, said in a statement. "It seems to be especially effective for populations that are usually at high risk."
Mueller's team looked at a 2002 national survey of 2,019 teens aged 15 to 19.
They found teen boys who had sex education in school were nearly three times more likely to use birth control the first time they had intercourse. But sex education appeared to have no effect on whether teen girls used birth control, the researchers found.

Black teenage girls who had sex education in school were 91 percent less likely to have sex before age 15.
The researchers did not evaluate the content of sex education programs, including whether students were taught about contraception or about abstinence only.

Earlier studies, which relied on data from the 1970s through the 1990s, suggested sex education did little to persuade teens to delay sex.
The researchers said they think the difference may be that sex education in the United States is now more widespread and is being taught at earlier ages.
"Unlike many previous studies, our results suggest that sex education before first sex protects youth from engaging in sexual intercourse at an early age," they wrote.

Thank You ...
Old 12-20-2007   #16
wewe
Registered Member

i voted for teachers and friends
ye3neh bel nesbeh lal teachers , it's a part of their jobs
and friends should always share their useful infos and experiences (even sexually experiences)with their friends ........that's why we can call them friends right
bel nesbeh lal parents i think it's gharib for the parent to start talk about those stuff with his son , and it's even more weird for the boy to listen to these things from his parent
(for the girlz it's another thing , their moms have to tell'em everything , coz they have special case ," period" )
so for the girl it's her mom that teach her in addition to teachers
for boyzz it's school ,friends , and personnal experience
wewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #17
Bella Orange
Registered Member

I vote for teachers and parents
Teachers: because they have their way to explain such things to children, and children's will not be shy to talk in these things.specially science teachers.
parents: well no one knows the child more then his parents they can help him in knowing such important thing and the child trust his parents.

Bella Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #18
Choukou
Registered Member

Parents! it's not like the kid would go to his dad/mom and ask them step by step! no akid!! the parents should teach their children the basics! ya3ne while they are raising them, they should tell them what's good and what's bad about Sex and other stuff!! I don't know if u got what i mean! but this all come while raising the Child!! and parents should not wait till their kids are 14 years old and older to teach them cause it will be too late!!
Choukou is offline   Reply With Quote

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Health & Science Room

Tags
children, education, sex