Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2007   #41
Kain
Registered Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: Does God Exist?

Reading doesn't hold all the answers. Ask me. I was a " je m'enfoutiste ". Ask men of religion of all sects. A sect's ideology isn't just about the holy book. Ask men of religion and you'll get answers. I know i got all of mine. Logical ones too.

Old 10-16-2007   #42
Gilgamesh
Registered Member

Thanked 1,449 Times in 834 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts

LOL...Kain is everywhere..

Well I used to be a strong believer and I know today about every religion you might imagine. I have talked to Buddhists,Jains,Hindus, Jews, Muslims(which i used to be), Christians,and Scientologists. Being in the US makes it easy to meet anyone . BTW religions of the west (Islam,Christianity, and Judiasm) are the worse and more destructive.

Let me give you an example, Mormonism. A cute offshoot from christianity. Google Mormonism and read a bit about it. I think you might start laughing before you reach the end. Same thing goes for Scientology. After you do that start seeing your faith with the same eye. Try to forget that you are a believer and to follow the logic then observe the effects of belief.

One of my favorite verses of the bible, "The truth will set you free"

Carl Sagan said, " Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

and Finally with Christopher Hitchens,"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #43
Kain
Registered Member

I don't mean to sound sectarian here, but i can't help it, which sect were you in? and what caused you to change??

I believed based upon proof, something atheism cannot give me. I got answers to every question i had in mind, logical ones. Something a man 1400 years ago could not have gotten no matter how smart he was.
Maybe you didn't look hard enough?
Old 10-16-2007   #44
Gilgamesh
Registered Member

I was a shiite muslim...Don't worry it is a legitimate question given the nature of the subject,it is not sectarian...

Well I would like to hear one question you pondered on and the answer you got...What I usually hear from religious ppl is just illogical and incoherent. Don't forget something,religion should be perfect according to its followers. If I find something in the Koran or Bible which is not right it is enough to say the religion is not perfect. I found LOTS...As for the idea of God,there might be one. You can't totally prove there is and I can't totally prove there isn't. But here is the thing; If i was to tell you there is an invisible teapot floating next to Mars or Neptune,it is me who has to give evidence that such a teapot exists. It is not your job to prove that it doesn't. Same thing goes for God. The burden of proof lies on you,the theist. It is not the atheists job to prove that God doesn't exist, our job is merely showing that your arguments for his existence are illogical and incoherent.
Old 10-16-2007   #45
Kain
Registered Member

I have already given some answers regardin's GOD's existence in this thread.
And i do know my religion is perfect. Find me one hole that cannot be explained logically and i'll convert lol.

P.S: if it's the Koran you'll be using i don't want you explaining it on your own. Some ayas are fairly easy to explain, some aren't, some have hidden meanings.

As to the questions i pondered upon:
Why was i created?
To worship God ---> uphold right and justice (general terms, not going into detail)

Why would God create us?
You posted the hadith

Why was i born a muslim?
Controversial answer.

Why was i born shiite?
Controversial answer
The questions i got were about specific subjects like injustice...what is it, how it came to be, why does it exist....etc...etc

I ask alot of questions
Old 10-16-2007   #46
Gilgamesh
Registered Member

Alright you asked for it....But here is the thing, I read lots of books to get satisfactory answers for some of your question. I will give simple answers and refer you to the books if you would like to do some further reading.

Why was I created?
Blind process of evolution,proved scientifically and has no purpose but maintaining your genes throughout generations ( Books: The selfish gene By Richard Dawkins,The Blind Watchmaker By Richard Dawkins, God: The Failed Hypothesis By Victor Stenger)

Why did god create us?
LOL...not applicable

Why were we born muslims?
You weren't born muslim,neither did I....You didnt believe anything when you were born. Your parents and society convinced you with Islam when you were too young to tell what it is you are getting convinced with. Same thing goes for born shiite. (Books: The God Delusion By Richard Dawkins, Writings of Bertrand Russell)
Old 10-16-2007   #47
FriendOfZeus
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why was I created?
This is a multi sided question. Why was i created? For what purpose? to lead a healthy and happy life? to procreate? to worship God?
the unabsolute truth, u see nothing is perfect in the universe because point of views exist. If i were to be a perfect being then no one would beg to differ that i am divine.
Or is the purpose of point of views is to merely create difference in the world, even for a perfect being....what is the meaning of being perfect? Or right? Or wrong? i dont believe in right or wrong, i just believe in point of views.....people can decriminalise even the most dispicable acts because they dont view things the way u do. Some people may view the holocaust to be a good thing, some people might hate ghandi, there is no ABSOLUTE TRUTH in the world, no matter how long u search no matter how hard u try, u will never be completely correct because there will always be someone to contradict u. So guys have a discussion about God if u will, but try not to prove things to one another, because no matter how hard u wanna deny it, u, urselfs arent sure 100% of ur beliefs, doubts will always pass through ur minds, and it is evident in the questions u pose.
FriendOfZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FriendOfZeus For This Useful Post:
Justin (10-17-2007)
Old 10-17-2007   #48
Gilgamesh
Registered Member

FriendofZues is right....I already said I can never prove for sure that there is no God....But the matter of fact stays that it is not my job to do so...It is the theist's job to prove his claims about a supernatural being... Without enough evidence,the concept of god is just a hypothesis that I need not worry about...
Old 10-17-2007   #49
Josee
Registered Member

Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by athegan View Post
( Books: The selfish gene By Richard Dawkins,The Blind Watchmaker By Richard Dawkins, God: The Failed Hypothesis By Victor Stenger)

(Books: The God Delusion By Richard Dawkins, Writings of Bertrand Russell)
Lol what a source... make ma laugh
Man go read books for someone who's not atheist and who's not ANTIRELIGIONIST and read his point of view...read the Bible and the Coran,am sure you'll change you're mind
Kain (10-17-2007), SysTaMatIcS (10-17-2007), TAREK® (06-02-2010)
Old 10-17-2007   #50
Justin
Vcoderz Dj

Thanked 3,557 Times in 2,050 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 16 Times in 14 Posts

Religion doesn't keep ppl out of trouble but God does... When we have the Holy Spirit within that can teach us all things with the capability of changin' the hearts & minds of others, then any person will admit that this is a powerful tool... God has made himself known to us in many ways but usually we don't recognize the signs until we're in trouble & need help beyond human capacity, spiritual help, Divine help... Recognizin' our need is the 1st step... It shows humility & that's essential in bein' close to God... Experiencing & knowing the reality of the livin' God is not a matter of finding God. It is a matter of knowing that u are known & that ur ways & imaginations have been known by God all along.. So when u say that God Doesn't Exist, I say that u donno what u r talking about

KNOW THAT YOU ARE KNOWN & BE AMAZED
J()e (10-17-2007), Kain (10-17-2007)

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Tags
exist, god