Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Notices

Computers & Information Technologies « Everything related to computers and internet. »

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2009   #41
Adam
Registered Member

Thanked 1,235 Times in 689 Posts
Groans: 25
Groaned at 21 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysTaMatIcS View Post
1. Mouse and keyboard support
Well, duh. Console kids () who have grown up with a controller in hand might argue, but there's still no better way of playing just about any game in any genre – not just shooters – than the combination of keyboard and mouse. It just works, offering orders of magnitude more precision and speed than fiddly analogue sticks.
That is a matter of opinion, I for example use a gamepad on my PC because I like the gamepad, others might like the keyboard and mouse which can nowadays be used on the consoles.

Quote:
2. High screen resolutions
While Microsoft and Sony scream about 'true HD' in their games – but in many cases don't actually deliver it – the PC has been happily running games at 1080p and above for yonks. In fact, the near-HD default res of 1,280x1,024 is very 2001; even a medium rig can handle 1,600x1,200 or more these days.
Every new PS3 & 360 game comes have HD resolution. and they can be run on their respective platform with no problems.
What is the percentage of PC's that can run full HD?

Quote:
3. Free mods
Were you a raw naif, you might be forgiven for thinking that LittleBigPlanet et al single-handedly invented the idea of (nnnggh) 'user generated content'. But guess what? PC gamers have been coding mods (modifications) such as add-ons, total conversions, unofficial levels and all manner of other gubbins for… well, pretty much forever. And then distributing it for free, for the sheer love of it.
New console games are releasing full game editors along with the games, ex Dragon Age: Origins, so we have free mods too.

Quote:
4. Upgradeable hardware
With the aforementioned higher resolutions and textures, chances are a new PC game already looks better than its console counterpart right now. But even if you can't run it with all the visuals tweaked to the max, processor and graphic cards prices drop so quickly that it's hardly bank-breaking to refit your rig in a year or so, for better graphics and more speed.
That is the most negative thing about the PC, you have to keep upgrading you're hardware inorder to play the games.

Quote:
5. Cheaper games
Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo's licensing and publishing costs inevitably drive up the cost of every single game released, and even pre-owned games tend to be far pricier than the PC equivalent.
Well ofcourse, if you want a better gaming experience you have to pay more.
BTW, didn't you argue that PC gaming is supposedly better because it's supposedly more expensive than console gaming.

Quote:
6. You're not tied to one online service
Imagine not having to rely on a single, central server such as Xbox Live or PlayStation Network whenever you go online. Imagine not having to suffer downtimes, silly licensing agreements, or daft console-restricting DRM. Oh wait… that's the PC online, isn't it?
One of the best things about my PS3 is the fact that it has the PSN store, and I can use the internet, you can install Linux on it you know.

Quote:
7. No extra dosh needed for playing online
Okay, this only applies to Xbox Live, but who's to say that Sony might not start charging for PSN as it keeps haemorrhaging money? And yes, Xboxers can use the free Silver service, but really – why would you?
Doesn't Steam do the same thing?

Quote:
8. Unlimited storage space
The Xbox 360 is limited to whatever can fit on a DVD (or, if you're unlucky, more than one). The PlayStation 3 has to struggle with turgid Blu-ray access and enforced installs. PC games, meanwhile, just sit happily on the potentially unlimited storage space of your hard drive. Easy.
That is the dummest thing written so far.
PC games are released on DVD's, very few are downloadable and even then they adapt to the size of the DVD's.

Quote:
9. Save game hacking
Like modders, PC gamers are rabidly enthusiastic about pulling apart save games and data files, fiddling therein, and finding ingenious ways to cheat or fix corrupted files. Try doing that with your Wii.
Cheaters aren't gamers.

Quote:
10. Unofficial fixes for older games
PC games such as Vampire: The Masquerade often get unofficial, free, support long after publishers have gone kaput and official support is abandoned, thanks to the tireless efforts of their fans. Bug fixes, enhancements, new hardware support – it's all there.
Well console games get official fixes for they're games.

Quote:
11. Abandonware
The geek term for 'old games which you can't buy any more'. There are a huge number of classic PC titles out there from years gone by, and many thousands are available to download, legally, for free.
Oh yes, abandonware, how fun is it to play a 20 year old game?

Quote:
12. No red ring of death

Well, you only get this on the Xbox, of course, but the last thing you want your gaming machine to do is to completely konk out. At least when a PC goes wrong, it really goes wrong. Like, with fire and everything (possibly).
Gaming PC maintance costs way more that a 360.

__________________________________________________ _______

BTW, I own a gaming PC and a PS3 and speaking as someone who has both, consoles are better. I'd even prefer a 360 rather that a PC for gaming.

Last edited by Adam; 04-18-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
TAREK® (04-18-2009)
Old 04-18-2009   #42
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,546 Posts
Groans: 186
Groaned at 198 Times in 120 Posts

Its a matter of taste .
To me pc gaming is way much more advanced and better than console gaming
Old 04-18-2009   #43
Adam
Registered Member

Quote:
Its a matter of taste .
To me pc gaming is way much more advanced and better than console gaming

Technological advancement has nothing to do with taste, it's has to do with facts.
The big majority of PC's have hardware that is obsolete compared to consoles. Game producers are forced to adapt their games to that fact and the fact that not all PC's have the same hardware, in contrast to consoles.
Old 04-19-2009   #44
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Technological advancement has nothing to do with taste, it's has to do with facts.
The big majority of PC's have hardware that is obsolete compared to consoles. Game producers are forced to adapt their games to that fact and the fact that not all PC's have the same hardware, in contrast to consoles.
it is a fact , that the ps3 is still working on hardware of the year 2006 , any pc above that year is better than any console , not to mention the stuff mentioned before , pc gaming will always and forever prevail the scene.
Old 04-19-2009   #45
Adam
Registered Member

Quote:
it is a fact , that the ps3 is still working on hardware of the year 2006 ,
Maybe you should recheck you're facts, the 2006 PS3 models haven't been manufactured for more than a year now.
Quote:
any pc above that year is better than any console
Well I asked you before, what is the percentage of PC's that can run all of the PS3 games on full HD?
Quote:
not to mention the stuff mentioned before
What stuff?
Quote:
pc gaming will always and forever prevail the scene.
Whenever a new console generation pops up, PC gaming is labelled as dying, and the label stays until just before the next console generation pops up again. It is only during those few month that that label is removed and after that the label is slapped on the PC again.
The only time PC gaming prevails is when there is no competition.
Old 04-19-2009   #46
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Quote:
Maybe you should recheck you're facts, the 2006 PS3 models haven't been manufactured for more than a year now.
all of the hardware of ps3 and xbox are old, the ps3 has the 9200 or 9400 gt i think , and the xbox has the ati 4810 , they havent changed that untill now.
Quote:
Well I asked you before, what is the percentage of PC's that can run all of the PS3 games on full HD?
the percentage is probably the double and more of the consoles all together. if not the double, then its for sure more .
Quote:
Whenever a new console generation pops up, PC gaming is labelled as dying, and the label stays until just before the next console generation pops up again. It is only during those few month that that label is removed and after that the label is slapped on the PC again.
The only time PC gaming prevails is when there is no competition.
We will see , its very rare to see someone getting a console , everyone gets a pc , cuz of the multi tasks + gaming . here , only my nephew has a ps2 , and he hates it .
all of the people have pcs and theyr gaming on it with satisfaction.
Old 04-19-2009   #47
Neoxter
Beyond the Code

Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,499 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 69 Times in 52 Posts

lol @ u two, battal badna nel3ab la pc wala ps3
Neoxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #48
Adam
Registered Member

Quote:
all of the hardware of ps3 and xbox are old, the ps3 has the 9200 or 9400 gt i think , and the xbox has the ati 4810 , they havent changed that untill now.

the percentage is probably the double and more of the consoles all together. if not the double, then its for sure more .
Oh really, are you trying to tell me that more than 70 million people have PC's that can run MGS4 or Killzone 2 on full HD?

Quote:
We will see , its very rare to see someone getting a console , everyone gets a pc , cuz of the multi tasks + gaming . here , only my nephew has a ps2 , and he hates it .
all of the people have pcs and theyr gaming on it with satisfaction.
That's only in countries like Lebanon where the sale of bootleg games is "legal", everyone in my class has either a PS3 or a 360 and there are only a few people that I know that don't.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
TAREK® (04-20-2009)
Old 04-20-2009   #49
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Quote:
Oh really, are you trying to tell me that more than 70 million people have PC's that can run MGS4 or Killzone 2 on full HD?
yes and even more , there are more than 2 billion pcs on the planet , around 10% are HD pcs . (200 million probably)

Quote:
That's only in countries like Lebanon where the sale of bootleg games is "legal", everyone in my class has either a PS3 or a 360 and there are only a few people that I know that don't.
Yet if you ask em , theyll say Pc gaming is much better . bas gaybeenon lal consoles for "tijgeel"
Old 04-20-2009   #50
cybermax
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts

Systamatics man rou2 ...5ido add 3a2leto
Adam I have a question for you ... when Sony/Microsoft introduces a new console what will happen to PS3 and XBOX 360 ????....THEY DIEEEEE!!!!
whereas in the case of a computer u can always UPGRADE what u already have (eventhough limited) but u still can ...so in the case of consoles u should buy a new console for like 700$ (titzakkaro awwal ma nizlit il PS3 ) whereas in the case of PC ...let's just take a graphics card for example which would cost 150$ at MAX. => long story short ...PC is better.
and if u want to tell me "UPGRADE a PS3" ...there's no such thing since it's simply impossible ...+ games on PC have a large variety of options ...whereas PS3 dont have ****

Forgot to mention: U can't play WoW on consoles (i think) ...and even if u could it wouldn't be much fun as on a PC

Last edited by cybermax; 04-20-2009 at 04:24 PM.
cybermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cybermax For This Useful Post:
SysTaMatIcS (04-20-2009)

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Tags
god, iii, war