Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies > E-Learning Center

Notices

E-Learning Center E-Learning tutorials and competitions.

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2008   #1
P337
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hacker's Manifesto by +++The mentor+++ Written on January 8, 1986

Probably its the greatest article related with Hacking/hackers.
hope u will enjoy it.

Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"... Damn kids.

They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him? I am a hacker, enter my world... Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me... Damn underachiever.

They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..." Damn kid. Probably copied it.

They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me... Or thinks I'm a smart ass... Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here... Damn kid. All he does is play games.

They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. "This is it... this is where I belong..." I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all... Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again.

They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert. This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all...

After all, we're all alike.

Last edited by P337; 07-08-2008 at 12:12 AM.
P337 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to P337 For This Useful Post:
MARX  (07-09-2008)
Old 07-08-2008   #2
Google

Thanked 1,100 Times in 651 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Hacker's Manifesto by +++The mentor+++ Written on January 8, 1986

Nice article ... ... ...
Google is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008   #3
HizbullaH
Registered Member

Topic Already Opened

http://www.vcoderz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1042

Anyways, Yeah I Believe That Hackers Are Smarter Than Others, But Not All Hackers You Can See That "I Defaced This Website, I Am A Hacker"... Absolutely No!!! 3/4 Of The People Who Call Themselves Hackers, They Are Not Hackers... They Are Actually Script Kiddies, Seeking In Security Websites... Searching For New Exploits And Vulnerabilities... And Then Just Applying Some Stupid Steps And They Are In The Box!!!! But When You Ask Them, How Was That Done In Deep? They Will Say "I Don't Know"!! St00pid! On The Other Hand Some People Also Seek For New Exploits And They Exploit Them But They Know What They Are Doing Actually, And So They Are Able To Control Some Problems And Trouble Shoot ( That Contains Kind Of Smartness )..
But With Respect To Smartness In Hacking... I Believe That It Is Mainly Found In "Social Engineering Attacks", Because In That Case You Are Exploiting The "Humans" Seeking For Their Weak Points! And Try To Make Them Give Sensitive Info Or Data...

Social Engineering.... Because Human Stupidity Has No Patch!!!

Last edited by HizbullaH; 07-12-2008 at 07:27 AM.
HizbullaH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HizbullaH For This Useful Post:
Kingroudy (07-12-2008), Sheriff Ice (07-13-2008)
Old 07-13-2008   #4
P337
Registered Member

oh i didn't know that was a thread for that before..but i thought it will be too helpful if i post it
And yea ur right

And here's a project guys , idk how much it will work in the future :P
but i think that (hackers,programmers..) should start forming like a lebanese hacking community like hbh or hts , its a future project and i know its too hard and it demands a lot of work , but it's a way to help and develop lebanese ppl thinking and their look for hackers , and to spread knowledge

Please share ur ideas

Last edited by P337; 07-13-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-13-2008   #5
HizbullaH
Registered Member

Well But You Need Real Hackers, And The Community Must Be Private Because As You Said It Is For "Hackers" And "Programmers" But Not For "Script Kiddies".. But I Think In Lebanon It Is Too Hard To Find These Peoples Because Everybody Works Undercover... And Most Of The Lebanese People Who Have Knowledge In Hacking Thinks That To Hack Something Is To Put Your Index To Show That You Have Hacked This Or That Site Or Server Etc... And That's Totally Wrong!
P337 (07-13-2008)
Old 07-13-2008   #6
P337
Registered Member

Ur totaly right .
And i already said its a hard work , because right, hackers in lebanon work undercover , and btw i was rly surprised when i knew that vcoders contain hacking thread.
But i do know that hackers are all together , one individual for the best of the society, not like the view of them nowadays as (black hats) .. my idea was abt forming a website to help lebanese ppl , like html learning and basics , to change this situation.
i am sure of one thing : if this project is took seriously , tr00 hackers in lebanon would unite for it, however the hard issues .
after all its lebanon , everything is possible..
Old 07-14-2008   #7
HizbullaH
Registered Member

You Can Start By Making A Website Not For HTML Basics Only, But Secure Coding Of PHP And ASP, And What Functions To Use, How To Apply Filtering Etc... Moreover... Giving Some Tutorials About How To Apply Secure Configurations And Policies, Etc... But You Must Know One Something Nobody Will Do That Phor Phree
Old 07-14-2008   #8
Google

Thanked 1,100 Times in 651 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts

Yes HizbullaH, you are right, nobody will do such things for free...
I do them for free when if I have time... but I don't have :P
I do so because I remember when I was newbie how I spent my time searching on topics related to hacking, social engineering, computer tips and tricks...
I like people who want to learn, I'll be glad to give information to someone who wants to, someone how really spend most of his time searching and trying to be the hacker that he always wanted to be...
However, I don't see a need for a Lebanese site to help learning programming and hacking... Because there are hundreds of sites on the internet that help in learning and upgrading the hacking skills...
Now some say: "but by this site you facilitate learning and you push a large amount of people in Lebanon to enter the world of hacking..."
What I say is that, a hacker is not a lazy one, he's the one who never stops seeking for information...You cannot push someone to be a hacker, he won't succeed... Hacking byeje bel fetra...
But what I encourage, is a professional community of Lebanese hackers...Or let's say professional team... A site where professionals share what they got from high level hacking knowledge... A team that has some missions to do...
And finally, hackers in Lebanon aren't really undercover... But their work is undercover... and these hackers are not large in number...
Google is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Google For This Useful Post:
chaingang_100 (07-14-2008), Sheriff Ice (07-14-2008)

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies > E-Learning Center

Tags
1986, hacker, january, manifesto, mentor, written