Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Notices

Computers & Information Technologies Everything related to computers and internet.

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2008   #1
vegojimbo
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default help with changing my ISP

Let me start by saying that my internet connection is pure crap. I have been with my new ISP for 2 months now, and I'm not satisfied with the connection at all. I've been asking him to fix the problem but to no avail. I'm gonna wait till the month inscription ends and dump him if the connection stays the same.

However, in the meantime, I'm searching for other providers.

I've found a few distributors, and want ur opinion on which might be the best (stable, reliable, and fast)
- visp (www.visp.net.lb)
- fastnet (www.fastnetonline.com)
- ultranet (www.ultranetlb.com)
- globalproof (it gives internet to other providers and distributors, but don't know if it gives internet to customers)

I don't want to change my ISP, and find the next one to be just as bad as the one before, so any help is appreciated.

PS: why is the fastnet forum the most active one while the forums of the rest are ghost towns?

vegojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #2
Iceberg
Registered Member

Default Re: help with changing my ISP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegojimbo View Post
Let me start by saying that my internet connection is pure crap. I have been with my new ISP for 2 months now, and I'm not satisfied with the connection at all. I've been asking him to fix the problem but to no avail. I'm gonna wait till the month inscription ends and dump him if the connection stays the same.

However, in the meantime, I'm searching for other providers.

I've found a few distributors, and want ur opinion on which might be the best (stable, reliable, and fast)
- visp (www.visp.net.lb)
- fastnet (www.fastnetonline.com)
- ultranet (www.ultranetlb.com)
- globalproof (it gives internet to other providers and distributors, but don't know if it gives internet to customers)

I don't want to change my ISP, and find the next one to be just as bad as the one before, so any help is appreciated.

PS: why is the fastnet forum the most active one while the forums of the rest are ghost towns?
vISP or Fastnet are reliable, I guess Fastnet has a smaller limit on download bandwidth per day (500MB for normal accounts) but has been around for years and years.
vISP has a wide range of gaming servers and media to download from their machines.
Fastnet has a huge FTP made by the users, you can find virtually anything there, they also have a gaming server that is linked to vISP as a leaf (vISP is the main).
Ultranet isn't that good really.
Globalproof is the old name of vISP..
Old 01-26-2008   #3
jadm
Registered Member

GDS is good but its expensive shouwe 50 $ per month bass connection 24/24 ma bton2oti3 3akiss l fastnet iza chatit l dine byo2ta3a w byis7hab zawe3i2 w ma btousal kila 2ilak its shared ip ya3ne iza shi website or IRC channel or ...... 3imil ban la user wa7had 3al fastnet ya3ne all fastnet users batalo fiyoun yfouto 3le cuz its the same ip 2ilak w la ghayrak 3akiss l GDS wil DSL wich is ip 2ilak khsouse

im using DSL from IDM its pretty cool 3al 2ad bya3touk yeha w ma bton2oti3 ktir 256K wich is equal to 30kBps for 23$ per month with 3 GB upload w 3GB download w every 100MB zyede btidfa3 1 $
+ all ports are open ya3ne P2P like ( kazaa , limewire , ares , torrent clients ...... ) works great ( fastnet and other isps block P2P connections cuz it use a lot of bandwidth and do traffic on ther servers )

im satisfied with DSL
my suggestions :
1 - DSL
2- GDS
jadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #4
vegojimbo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
vISP or Fastnet are reliable, I guess Fastnet has a smaller limit on download bandwidth per day (500MB for normal accounts) but has been around for years and years.
vISP has a wide range of gaming servers and media to download from their machines.
Fastnet has a huge FTP made by the users, you can find virtually anything there, they also have a gaming server that is linked to vISP as a leaf (vISP is the main).
Ultranet isn't that good really.
Globalproof is the old name of vISP..
so which is better? vISP or fastnet

My demands:
- stable download (not 1 and 2 KB per average )
- reliable
- P2P (torrents mainly) ports opened
- good support department
- unlimited or at least 300-400 MB quota per day

I don't care much about network FTP and gaming servers.
Old 01-26-2008   #5
vegojimbo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadm View Post
GDS is good but its expensive shouwe 50 $ per month bass connection 24/24 ma bton2oti3 3akiss l fastnet iza chatit l dine byo2ta3a w byis7hab zawe3i2 w ma btousal kila 2ilak its shared ip ya3ne iza shi website or IRC channel or ...... 3imil ban la user wa7had 3al fastnet ya3ne all fastnet users batalo fiyoun yfouto 3le cuz its the same ip 2ilak w la ghayrak 3akiss l GDS wil DSL wich is ip 2ilak khsouse

im using DSL from IDM its pretty cool 3al 2ad bya3touk yeha w ma bton2oti3 ktir 256K wich is equal to 30kBps for 23$ per month with 3 GB upload w 3GB download w every 100MB zyede btidfa3 1 $
+ all ports are open ya3ne P2P like ( kazaa , limewire , ares , torrent clients ...... ) works great ( fastnet and other isps block P2P connections cuz it use a lot of bandwidth and do traffic on ther servers )

im satisfied with DSL
my suggestions :
1 - DSL
2- GDS
What's GDS?
By the way, I don't have a fixed phone line anymore, so DSL is out of the equation I think, and their quotas blow IMO.

And is it true what u said about fastnet? if so, they're not that good. Also, on their forums, there seem to be lots of complaints. ya3ne one look at their forums wel wa7ad byehroub.

Last edited by vegojimbo; 01-26-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-26-2008   #6
jadm
Registered Member

Quote:
What's GDS?
By the way, I don't have a fixed phone line anymore, so DSL is out of the equation I think, and their quotas blow IMO.

And is it true what u said about fastnet? if so, they're not that good. Also, on their forums, there seem to be lots of complaints. ya3ne one look at their forums wel wa7ad byehroub.

yup ana kinit ekhid min l fastnet and it was bil mara , btidfa3 44$ per month w bya3tik quotta about 750mb per day bass u cant download anything from limewire and kazaa and torrent client ( if u know them ) w the big problem is : shared ip mitil ma 2iltilak iza 7hadan n3amalo ban min shi website aw min irc channel aw min shi private tracker ( torrent ) so all fastnet users byin3amaloun ban , houwe byista3mil internal ip la kil wa7had bass the external ip is the same for all users.

GDS : http://www.globalcomdataservices.com/ or http://www.gds.com.lb/ is the leader in wireless connection , if u choose 128 K aw 256K btousal 3al 2ad la 3andak w ma bton2oti3 7hata bil chitte w every user 3ando his own IP , and his service is gr8 3akis l fastnet iza da2aytilo ma byije la 3andak 2ila wa2ta yo2bad hehe

halla2 if u need the connection bass to open msn and surfing website , its ok with fastnet bass if u want to use limewire and other P2P programs to download big movies w games w hek ishya as i do hehe bonsa7hak bil GDS

Last edited by jadm; 01-26-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-26-2008   #7
vegojimbo
Registered Member

Quote:

GDS : http://www.globalcomdataservices.com/ or http://www.gds.com.lb/ is the leader in wireless connection , if u choose 128 K aw 256K btousal 3al 2ad la 3andak w ma bton2oti3 7hata bil chitte w every user 3ando his own IP , and his service is gr8 3akis l fastnet iza da2aytilo ma byije la 3andak 2ila wa2ta yo2bad hehe
What is the price for a 128 Kbps connection or a 256 Kbps one? I checked the site and everything is in hundreds of dollars, even the monthly subscription. I guess these are the prices for providers. What about prices for customers?

Quote:
halla2 if u need the connection bass to open msn and surfing website , its ok with fastnet bass if u want to use limewire and other P2P programs to download big movies w games w hek ishya as i do hehe bonsa7hak bil GDS
I download a lot, so I need a connection that gives me a good stable download rate, and I want sites to open fast (not 10 and 15 minutes).

Last edited by vegojimbo; 01-26-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2008   #8
jadm
Registered Member

my friend ken ekhid 128K w kenit tousalo 30KBps ken yidfa3 50$ per month , i dont know alot about the prices maybe rakhaso now cuz sar fi DSL u should call them:
GDS Hot Line
01- 510 410
from Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM without interruption and Saturday from 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
or
Tel: 01- 510 444
Ext:
1-444 or 1-418 for commercial issues
1-410 or 1-420 for technical issues

yes l conection stable
The Following User Says Thank You to jadm For This Useful Post:
vegojimbo (01-26-2008)
Old 01-26-2008   #9
vegojimbo
Registered Member

Quote:
my friend ken ekhid 128K w kenit tousalo 30KBps ken yidfa3 50$ per month , i dont know alot about the prices maybe rakhaso now cuz sar fi DSL u should call them:
GDS Hot Line
01- 510 410
from Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM without interruption and Saturday from 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
or
Tel: 01- 510 444
Ext:
1-444 or 1-418 for commercial issues
1-410 or 1-420 for technical issues

yes l conection stable
30 KB ya3ne a 256 Kbps connection although he pays for a 128 kbps. that's awesome. Although the price is a bit too much.

Do u know by any chance the value of the one-time installment fee?
Old 01-26-2008   #10
jadm
Registered Member

Quote:
30 KB ya3ne a 256 Kbps connection although he pays for a 128 kbps. that's awesome. Although the price is a bit too much.

Do u know by any chance the value of the one-time installment fee?

dunno iza houwe ken ekhid 256 w mfakar ekhid 128 hehehe bass l downlaod speed kenit 3ando 30kBps , yea as i told u l price too much

installation fee i dont know but badoun yrakboulak makana mitil antenne 3al sate7 w ynazlo mino cable la 3andak 3al pc i dont know about the prices , call them and ask about the price maybe rakhasouwoun now

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Tags
changing, isp