Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Notices

Computers & Information Technologies Everything related to computers and internet.

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2011   #1
lebanese_a
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Default iTunes in Lebanon

Hey, I am getting an iPad 2 soon, it will be the first iSomething I get. I already have 3 electronics that have online stores, the PS3, an android phone and a Nokia phone. To be able to buy stuff for PSN I have to get UAE PSN credits from Sony stores and use them to buy games online, the Lebanese CC does not work in the UAE store and there is no Lebanese store.
In my android the market place only offers me free stuff because I am in Lebanon so I can't buy any application!
In the Nokia, I can use my CC to buy stuff from the OVI store!

So my question is how will my experience with iTunes be? From googling it looks like they have a Lebanese store, can I use my CC in it? will I be able to buy anything I want? (Apps - I don't really care about movies or songs) Will there be a delay between the time apps are launched in the US and the time they are launched in Lebanon? If there is no way to buy stuff from the Lebanese store can I connect to the US one? Will I need an American CC to buy stuff from it?

PS: I know I can jailbreak and get everything for free, I do not want to do that so do not suggest it.

lebanese_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #2
Sogelec
Vcoderz Team

Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,226 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

Hey Man, I got the solution for u, the US store in itunes features more apps and cheaper ones, sometimes they are sold for free for a limited time, these features are not available on the lebanese store, and yes you need a US credit card to accrss it, the solution is by buying a gift card, I made this site with Sherrif Ice (the member in this forum_: www.onlineicards.com, you can buy Gift cards at a very competitve rate, and redeem them in the US itunes store to grant access to the US store, if you have any questions please let me know

www.AutoBoxOnline.com - www.OnlineIcards.com

Sogelec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sogelec For This Useful Post:
lebanese_a (04-09-2011)
Old 04-09-2011   #3
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,593 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 35 Times in 32 Posts

^^ the above solution is good, and i recommend it to get the most of the iTunes store.
However, using the lebanese iTunes store isn't much of a hassle, major CC are accepted, all interesting apps are available but i don't know if the prices are more expensive or no.
lebanese_a (04-09-2011), Sogelec (04-09-2011)
Old 04-09-2011   #4
lebanese_a
Registered Member

Thanks for the answers, I still have a couple of questions:
-Can I use two accounts simultaneously? So for example I use my Lebanese account to buy the apps available in both stores at the same price and my American account to buy stuff that are cheaper in the US Store.
-Will the card sold for 60$ have 50$ in it or will apple also take some money from it? I will be paying 1.2$ for each dollar so is this premium worth it or not?
-Does the Lebanese store offer books?
Old 04-09-2011   #5
Sogelec
Vcoderz Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebanese_a View Post
Thanks for the answers, I still have a couple of questions:
-Can I use two accounts simultaneously? So for example I use my Lebanese account to buy the apps available in both stores at the same price and my American account to buy stuff that are cheaper in the US Store.
-Will the card sold for 60$ have 50$ in it or will apple also take some money from it? I will be paying 1.2$ for each dollar so is this premium worth it or not?
-Does the Lebanese store offer books?
Yes u can use 2 accounts, bas waj3et rass, I don't advise u
Bas masalan, u can create an account for the itunes on pc, and another account for itunes on the iphone or ipad
Apple won't charge u any extra, the gift card is similar to a prepaid credit card, you pay what u buy, nothing more, nothing less
Itunes lebanon doesn't have books, nor movies and stuff

Old 04-09-2011   #6
lebanese_a
Registered Member

Thanks! sorry I am asking a lot of questions but I want to have everything figured out before getting the iPad.
-Can you please elaborate on the waj3it rass part? in what way is it a waj3it rass? I know Apple is pretty anal about controlling the stuff you have and that you can't transfer music from an iPod to a PC that's not the original PC the music came from. So does it mean I cannot mix the apps bought from the Lebanese store with the one bought from the US one? I have to have just one of the two installed on the device? (sounds stupid so I hope it's not true!)
-If I buy a card from you will I get the card sent to me or will I just get the code by email? (just to know when to buy it to have it ready when the iPad gets here)
-If in the future I get a iPhone or an iPod or an iWhatever are the apps transferable between the iPad and the other device (if they are compatible with both of them originally of course) or do I have to buy 2 copies of the same apps?
Old 04-09-2011   #7
Sogelec
Vcoderz Team

Quote:
Thanks! sorry I am asking a lot of questions but I want to have everything figured out before getting the iPad.
-Can you please elaborate on the waj3it rass part? in what way is it a waj3it rass? I know Apple is pretty anal about controlling the stuff you have and that you can't transfer music from an iPod to a PC that's not the original PC the music came from. So does it mean I cannot mix the apps bought from the Lebanese store with the one bought from the US one? I have to have just one of the two installed on the device? (sounds stupid so I hope it's not true!)
-If I buy a card from you will I get the card sent to me or will I just get the code by email? (just to know when to buy it to have it ready when the iPad gets here)
-If in the future I get a iPhone or an iPod or an iWhatever are the apps transferable between the iPad and the other device (if they are compatible with both of them originally of course) or do I have to buy 2 copies of the same apps?
Mbala you can mix accounts, bas for example
If you want to access the US store, you have to sign out of the lebanese store and sign in to the US store and vice versa

The card will be sent by e mail, the code and a scanned image of the card with instructions how to use the gift card, email will be sent in 15-30 minutes when the payment is received (usually 15 minutes)

You can transfer iphone apps to ipad, and ipad apps to iphone, but be aware that some iphone apps do not support the big screen of the ipad, and some ipad apps are made for the ipad and won't work on the iphone

Using your account, you can transfer the apps to any i-device, between iphone and ipod, ipod and ipad, there is no problem with that

Ask whatever you want, no problem

Last edited by Sogelec; 04-09-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2011   #8
lebanese_a
Registered Member

Thanks for the answers! I'm getting the iPad next month and after reading the answers here and googling a bit, buying from you seems like the best option so I guess I'll buy a card next month!
The Following User Says Thank You to lebanese_a For This Useful Post:
Sogelec (04-09-2011)
Old 04-10-2011   #9
Mared_3400
Registered Member

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the answers! I'm getting the iPad next month and after reading the answers here and googling a bit, buying from you seems like the best option so I guess I'll buy a card next month!
Where are you getting your iPad 2 from?
Old 04-10-2011   #10
lebanese_a
Registered Member

From the US, it's available at Virgin bass if anyone is interested for 1050$ for the 16GB version!

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Tags
itunes, lebanon