The Multimedia Room « music, videos, photos, loops, etc... »

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2010   #1
badboy_10452
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lebanese Cinema

First..I'm back to be active in this forum..miss u all.

Second, i opened this thread just to support the lebanese cinema and see our reactions about lebanese movies, i know its very rare to watch a lebanese film in cinema , so i will keep this thread updated with new lebanese films and witch films you should see,and i will try to post some of ours projects at universities.
All comments are welcomed.

First question: what was the last lebanese movie you watched? what do you think about it?

Second question: what was the all time lebanese film you like it?

Recommended movies: WEST BEIRUT , EL BOSTA , سلينا, طيف المدينة , تحت القصف

badboy_10452 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badboy_10452 For This Useful Post:
-t-o-n-y- (02-02-2010), H@SSàN (02-02-2010)
Old 02-02-2010   #2
badboy_10452
Registered Member

New Release:

Synopsis:Ce film traite de l’honneur, une des valeurs qui régissent nos sociétés orientales : pour préserver son honneur on est souvent amené à commettre des actes violents et meurtriers.
C’est le cas de Brahim, le personnage principal du film.
"A Man of Honor" by Jean Claude Codsi

Director: Jean Claude Codsi
Producer: Michel Ghosn
Image: Michael Lagerwey
Sound : Emmanuel Zouki
Decor: Kassem Hatoum
Costumes: Bshara Atallah
Make up: Diana Mak
Equipment: Final Cut
Cast:
Majdi Machmouche
Caroline Hatem
Chadi Haddad
Rana Hassan
Mahmoud Saiid
Leila Hakim
Houssam Sabbah
Aida Sabra
Claudine Sfeir
Mohamed Haidar
Bernadette Houdaib
Issam Abou Khaled
Salimah Tohmeh
Julien Shmid
Haytham Ismael
Hasan Mohieddine
Salim Ala'el Din
Produced by: AflamFilms and MACT

Some photos

The Following User Says Thank You to badboy_10452 For This Useful Post:
H@SSàN (02-02-2010)
Old 02-02-2010   #3
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,546 Posts
Groans: 186
Groaned at 198 Times in 120 Posts

i noticed that if the lebanese movie is not co-directed with the french , it SUCKS , zouzou was amazing! world class!! same goes to west beirut and ta7t l qasif . theres this movie co-directed with the egyptians , i forgot its name , khalid al nabawi is in it , its one of the most boring sick disgusting movies i ever saw in all terms .
what were they thinkin when they made it??
caramel was good , but as good as the 3 above mentioned films.
Old 02-02-2010   #4
badboy_10452
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysTaMatIcS View Post
theres this movie co-directed with the egyptians , i forgot its name , khalid al nabawi is in it , its one of the most boring sick disgusting movies i ever saw in all terms .
Beirut Open city-دخان بلا نار

SysTaMatIcS (02-02-2010)
Old 02-02-2010   #5
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

caramel was good , but NOT as good as the 3 above mentioned films.**
and yeh its beirut open city , dokhan bala nar , lezim yen3adam illi 3emel this movie.
Old 02-03-2010   #6
hegma
Registered Member

Groans: 12
Groaned at 14 Times in 8 Posts

the worst lebanese movie was 'Ya...ra", it was very boring. when i watched it i decided to never watch again a lebanese movie...

but my cousin was acting in 'Zozo' she was the young girl named Rita who ran away from home to be with Zouzou, that's why i watched it. it was a very interesting Movie! and from that time i changed my mind and watched many other..

but till now,
the worst is "Ya...Ra"
and the best is "Zozo"
Old 02-03-2010   #7
-t-o-n-y-
Registered Member

Groans: 15
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

i recently watched ta7et l kassef ...it's a good film...a bit boring but it has some good music...anw if someone could give a list of good lebanese movies other than those 5 to get them and watch them since i've only seen ta7et l kassef and caramel (which is a really good film!)
-t-o-n-y- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #8
badboy_10452
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -t-o-n-y- View Post
anw if someone could give a list of good lebanese movies other than those 5
The one man village - سمعان بالضيعة

Making of "The one man village"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQf5Uyzhh94

This documentary focuses on the Lebanese old way of life. The director Simon El-Haber was somewhat lucky to find a relative (his uncle) who made a choice to distance himself away from the city into an inhabited village where he will become later the only resident. The film would've been a documentary around the traditional Lebanese village, but the presence of only one man in the village, and the fact that the village was emptied during the war raises several questions in the viewers mind. Although peace is reigning nowadays, the vast majority of the residents have chosen to remain in the city, with the exception of this one man who didn't find in the city what attracted the others. He is yet to found a family, the emphasis on this issue was somewhat ridiculously funny in the movie especially when the director asked this same question (I remember one audience member who made a joke that this might be the most original way for a marriage advertisement). All in all, the viewer will be raising questions in the end about what is the city providing so people are leaning towards the crowded hard life in the city over the simplicity and the nature in the village.

Une Chanson dans la tête - ميلودراما حبيبي

Trailer for Melodrama Habibi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S794phIbEc

Hani Tamba released this long fiction, his first one in France, a pity that it wasn't released earlier in Lebanon this crowded summer. My beliefs is that it would have compete well with the other American movies. In France, it might not be considered as general public movie, but the first days it was a hit I suppose. The movie made a great bi-lingual movie, although some lines may not seem as natural for Lebanese (an oracle which speaks almost exclusively in French!) which reveals the Lebanese openness to other cultures. Behind the story, the most highlighted theme that we may extract is the focus on the memory, and how weak are humans relying on it. This theme can be touched in the director's award winning short After Shave where we can find other common subjects. One of these, is his choice of the music composer, Khaled Mouzanar whose talent marked his wife's movie as well. Regarding the cast, I was excited with Julia Kassar's presence, it's a shame that her role was so short, even though her talent was shining in the little space she was given.
Even though the ending was a bit pessimistic for Lebanon future, in my opinion, this Tamba's first feature was a success, only missing its release in Lebanon.

I want to see - بدّي شوف

It's not clear in what category to put this movie, It's not a short since its duration passed an hour, not a fiction neither since what we see is a real story, and not a documentary (is it?) where every thing is programmed. You might think it's a media report about a journey visit of the French actress Catherine Deneuve to a disaster zone (few months after the disaster). The camera was almost exclusively pointed at Mrs Deneuve, and sometimes at Rabih Mroueh. During this one day journey, Catherine visited the southern suburbs for a short period of time, then continues to Bent Jbeil, the hometown of Rabih. He showed deep emotions in his quest to find his grand mother house with all the destruction around, Catherine was only trying to find out where Rabih have gone, showing little interest of her surrounding. During the rest of the movie, Catherine appeared tired of the trip, maybe because she could not support what she wanted to see? In all the movie, she gives the impression of being passive, unless for one scene where we see her reacting when Rabih was talking about her movies! The last scene where she was showing respect and appreciation for Rabih, was a beautiful moment to see.
The movie included beautiful scenes from the south, with the plain of dancing wheat expressing high aesthetic taste, the other which focused on machines and ruins is well moving.
In short, I see this movie as an experimental piece - the directors called it a cinematographic adventure - which is not (AFAIK) aiming to reach general public, but tells a real story free from faking emotions, or alien scenes. It simply shows a beautiful work depicting reality behind stars we used to see them acting.

Selena- سيلينا

فيلم سلينا المأخوذ عن مسرحية هالة والملك للرحابنة ، فيلم جميل يعيدنا إلى الزمن الجميل زمن المسرحيات الرحبانية الزاخرة بالموسيقا والغناء والتشكيل البصري الرائع الذي ينقل مشاهده إلى عوالم الحكايات والأساطير ويقدم الرؤية الناقدة السياسية والاجتماعية مغلفة بالسكر والحلوى ومحملة بالفن الجميل وصوت فيروز ..
جاء الفيلم ليعوض عن فقدان الصورة لهذه المسرحيات (أغلبها ) ويترجمها بصريا و سينمائيا ..
اختيار ميريام فارس كان موفقا من حيث الشكل فهي مناسبة لتكون الصبية الجميلة القادمة من الجرود .. ولكنها ظلمت من حيث وضعها في مقارنة مع صوت فيروز ... ، وخصوصا أن الأغاني التي أدتها في الفيلم هي نفسها الأغاني التي سبق أن أدتها السيدة فيروز ،أما بالنسبة للأداء التمثيلي ، فاجأنا الفنان اللبناني جورج خباز ، ربما لأننا كسوريين لم نر له أعمالا كثيرة ، ولكنه قدم عرضا خلابا أمام مجموعة من كبار الفنانين السوريين واللبنانيين ، وأما بالمجمل العام كان الأداء التمثيلي ذو طابع مسرحي ، سينمائيا ، كنا نرى تصويرا لمسرحية هالة والملك ، مؤداة مع بعض التعديلات ، ولكننا سينمائيا كنا نتوقع أن يخرجنا العمل إلى الجرود والوديان ،إلى جمال الجبال التي جاءت منها ألحان الرحابنة ، كنا نتوقع أن نرى فرقة إنانا والفنان جهاد مفلح يدكون الساحات برقصاتهم واحتفالياتهم ، ويسحروننا باللون والحركة والرؤية البصرية الفتانة ، كنا نود أن نرى ساحة القرية سلينا ساحة حقيقية من حيث الرحابة ، والاتساع ،ونرى هالة صغيرة جميلة ضائعة وسط الاحتفالات الضخمة ،... ولكننا عوضا عن ذلك وجدنا احتفالا " معجوقا "في ساحة ضيقة ، لا تتجاوز سعة صالون عادي ، فيها الناس مزدحمون والراقصون يتحركون بدقة حتى لا يدوسوا أرجل بعضهم البعض ، دون أن يتمكنوا من الانفتاح والتشكيل ، كنا نرى اللقطات قريبة دائما فلا تتيح لنا أن نملأ بصرنا من جمال سلينا أو شقائها أو فقرها أو غناها ، كان كل ذلك متشابها ومتلاصقا إلى درجة تثير الحنق .
حتى القصر ، خذلنا ، فلم نجده أفخم كثيرا من الساحة أو الخمارة أو حتى بيت أم منصور ، فلم نر من المملكة إلى عشا وحيد محصورا في زاوية ...
أما الموسيقى فلها حكاية أخرى ، كانت أغاني والكلمات والألحان رحبانية ، ما عدا الموسيقى التصويرية ، والتي ألفها أو اختارها الفنان رعد خلف ، فجاءت غريبة مقحمة ، وفي بعض الأحيان أثرت على المشاهد في مشاهد حساسة كالمشهد الأخير من حوار الملك والشحاد ، فكان للمشهد بطلان أساسيان (الملك والشحاد )وبطل خفي (الموسيقى التصويرية )يحاول أن يشاركهما الحوار لدرجة أن يقحم نفسه فيه فيضيع الهدف من المشهد أمام إلحاح الموسيقى التصويرية ، ...
ولا أدري من أشرف موسيقيا على أداء الفنانة ميريام فارس ، ربما كان من الأفضل إجراء تعديلات بالتوزيع الموسيقي لحمايتها من الوقوع في بعض المطبات في بعض الجمل الموسيقية التي كشفت بعض الضعف بالمقارنة بصوت السيدة فيروز .

يبقى أن نقول إن العمل كان محاولة شجاعة ، أعتقد أنها ستفتح باب التجربة أمام الكثيرين مخرجين ومنتجين ، ويبقى للسيد نادر الأتاسي والمخرج حاتم على شرف الريادة

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited by Rabi3; 02-03-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Fixing The Font
-t-o-n-y- (02-03-2010)
Old 02-03-2010   #9
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -t-o-n-y- View Post
i recently watched ta7et l kassef ...it's a good film...a bit boring but it has some good music...anw if someone could give a list of good lebanese movies other than those 5 to get them and watch them since i've only seen ta7et l kassef and caramel (which is a really good film!)
west beirut and zozo are a must!!
-t-o-n-y- (02-03-2010)
Old 02-05-2010   #10
badboy_10452
Registered Member

Tonight after news on LBC ardiyyeh KHALLIK MA3E the movie
يقلّ سائق التاكسي غسّان، سيدة أعمال سحر الهاربة من زوجها رجل المافيا بعدما اكتشفت مؤامرة لقتلها من قبل زوجها الذي يساومه تحرٍ فاسد على دليل يدينه بالإعدام. التحري هو الأخ غير الشقيق لغسان. وحين يقع في أسر رجل المافيا تبدأ عملية ضغط كبيرة. المصيبة تجمع في النهاية بين سيدة الأعمال والسائق رغم انتمائهما إلى طبقتين مختلفتين.

Last edited by badboy_10452; 02-05-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > The Multimedia Room

Tags
cinema, lebanese