Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Sports Basement

Notices

Sports Basement « News & info about lebanese and international leagues & championships. »

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2010   #1
Confucius
chou 7achich ma 7achich?!

Thanked 1,103 Times in 764 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default Manchester United FC

Well i've seen a couple of Man Utd fans here so i thought why not open a thread about Man Utd.

News, Transfers, Discussions, Titles, bits of History, Info, etc...about Manchester are all welcomed in this thread

The Red Devils' Thread

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Confucius For This Useful Post:
TAREK® (05-11-2010)
Old 05-11-2010   #2
Confucius

Well lemme post the first news, it's a good article i read today after seeing its link on ManUtd.com:

Manchester United ponder next move after losing Premier League crown
Sir Alex Ferguson will take a moment to reflect but efforts to improve the team for next season have already begun

For some of the players, it was the first day they had been at Old Trafford when Manchester United could go by the prefix "former champions". The mood was one of subdued reflection. Nobody had their head in their hands, or red-ringed eyes; it was just much quieter than usual. Sir Alex Ferguson's final address was supportive but sometimes there is not much even the great managers can say. He did not speak for long.
"I have been here four years now and this is my first full season that I haven't won the league," Patrice Evra reflected. "I can say congratulations to my team-mates because it has not been easy for us this year. But if I don't finish first with Manchester United I always feel like I haven't done my job very well. When you play for this club you always need to win. It's a very sad day."
When a team are deposed as champions there is always a period of brooding, quite often followed by a snap judgment that changes are mandatory to prevent a disappointing season turning into a full-blown stagnation. Ferguson, however, puts forward an alternative argument that United actually did pretty well to take Chelsea to the final day given that there was a point in the season when Evra was their only fit defender and Darren Fletcher and Michael Carrick were playing in the centre of defence.
"I have to separate fact from fiction, like the suggestion we have not seen the vintage football associated with Manchester United," United's manager said. "It's not complacency, just common sense, to conclude that we have had a good season."
Yet Ferguson would also make the rare acknowledgment that this was a time of self-analysis for him as well. "My job as manager is to assess in the cold light of day and get things into perspective. Naturally I look into my own management and the rest of the staff. Did I always make the right team selections with the appropriate tactics? Do we have a strong enough squad?"
The inclination is to wonder whether, deep down, a small part of Ferguson regrets not doing more to keep Carlos Tevez, the scorer of 29 goals for Manchester City and a striker with that unusual quality of being able to make things happen. Ferguson, though, will not accept it was a mistake. On the contrary, there are stories at Old Trafford of him deriding Tevez to colleagues, making the analogy of receiving a gift-wrapped Christmas present only to take off all the nice paper and discover there is nothing inside the box.
His tone changes when the subject turns to a player who left Old Trafford last summer on much better terms. "I always knew we would miss Cristiano Ronaldo," Ferguson said. But not so much that he thinks the £80m transfer to Real Madrid effectively cost United the league. "We've scored more goals than last season and have the best defensive record in the league. I think that's the best way to answer."
But uppermost in Ferguson's thoughts must be the issue of Dimitar Berbatov, after two seasons in which the Bulgarian has occasionally flickered but never truly ignited in the way that might have been anticipated of a player who cost £30.75m. At the weekend Ferguson insisted his most expensive signing would not be replaced – "he is a very talented player and has a future at Manchester United," he said – but not too much should be read into that. United's manager said very similar things about David Beckham, Juan Sebastián Verón and Ronaldo himself.
Berbatov's body language when he was substituted during the 4-0 defeat of Stoke City on Sunday told it own story: tired, exasperated, maybe a little embarrassed, head down on a slow walk to the touchline, no wave to the crowd. It has been unfair for him to be made the scapegoat but, when the story of United's season is told, the inquest will focus on that period when Wayne Rooney was injured and the responsibility was on Berbatov to live up to his transfer fee. In short, he blew it.
Ferguson preferred to focus on the positives. "Darren Fletcher has emerged from the shadows to become recognised as a really top footballer. Nani has come of age, Darron Gibson has had a good season and Jonny Evans has been fantastic for a 22-year-old, while Antonio Valencia has done incredibly well in his first season."
The club have also signed Chris Smalling from Fulham for £10m and, for almost the same again, Javier Hernández, the Mexico striker, from Chivas de Guadalajara.
The Glazers, and Ferguson, maintain there is more money available, which is just as well because United have regressed, five points worse off then last season, with seven defeats along the way, the most since the 2003-04 campaign. "We lost too many games," Evra said. "Losing seven times was too much and that was the key. Congratulations to Chelsea – if you win the league it is because you deserve to. But I feel like Manchester United gave them that league."

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/may/11/manchester-united-premier-league-title
Old 05-11-2010   #3
Abruzzy
Vcoderz Team

Thanked 1,370 Times in 806 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 31 Times in 26 Posts

I am a Man Utd fan ... but i Hate BERBATOV !!
It was a bad move getting him in and loosing tevez !!
I think if Tevez was still in Man Utd ... The red devils could have win the premier league and kicked bayern's ASS !!
Old 05-11-2010   #4
TAREK®
~ Golden Boy ~

Thanked 5,073 Times in 3,294 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 82 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abruzzy View Post
I am a Man Utd fan ... but i Hate BERBATOV !!
It was a bad move getting him in and loosing tevez !!
I think if Tevez was still in Man Utd ... The red devils could have win the premier league and kicked bayern's ASS !!
Bayern didn't win because of Man United lack of playing, they won because they are the luckiest team ever

besides Berbatov was brought because I remember Tevez wasn't happy with Man United so he came to replace him.... yeah Berbatov might have a few flaws and may have lost a couple of chances but he is a great player, but IMO he needs to be pushed by someone; he used to count on Rooney, and that was proven when Rooney was injured. Berbatov counts on Rooney to give him the chance to score, without Rooney, Berbatov can't play. I think he is a good player bass bado yshed hemto shway
H@SSàN (05-11-2010), Kingroudy (05-12-2010)
Old 05-11-2010   #5
Confucius

Tevez left on his own terms, 3ele2 ma3 el Club w he left. I DO however agree that Tevez is/was a great fit in Man Utd.

Berbatov is a what i call Support Attacker, meaning he is a "ra2es 7arbeh" eza badkon, bass....he can't play as the single Attacker, he is amazing at being a support Attacker, notice that in Stoke's match (the last match of the season) talla3o his passes, his positioning, his mentality, it isn't about running and scoring as it is about giving passes and seeing Rooney for the goal.

That's why till now SAF(Sir Alex Ferguson)'s still determined that Berba is staying and that he wants him to stay. IMO a HUGE change is coming to Manchester, w i said it b4 bas i'll say it again, as long as it is SAF that's making that change, i'm pretty excited cz i'm pretty sure it's gonna go for the best.
TAREK® (05-11-2010)
Old 05-11-2010   #6
Confucius

New Kit:

Either

Or

Still not official
Old 05-11-2010   #7
TAREK®
~ Golden Boy ~

Thanked 5,073 Times in 3,294 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 82 Times in 72 Posts

I am still hoping for the black and blue kit
Old 05-11-2010   #8
Confucius

ma the thing is ya Tarek, enno last time when they changed from Vodafone to AIG, they stuck with the away kit as their 3rd kit metel manna, nothing changed fiya except esem el sponsor. So if u ask me, bi ra2yeh enno AKID ma ra7 ya3emlo el Green and Gold shirt, cz it just doesn't make any sense ya3emlo el Glazer family a shirt against them (seeing how these colors are used to make a statement against the Galzers' Family) ba2a noway ya3emlo one to support the protest lol plus it'll be so damn ironic if the Glazers make money out of a protest against them
W seeing how b4 tarako el away kit as it is with a change of sponsor 3al shirt mech aktar, i reckon the Black/Blue one will stay, bas as their 3rd kit..
TAREK® (05-11-2010)
Old 05-11-2010   #9
Confucius

Saw this on ManUtd.com thought i'd share it with you

United's 2009-2010 Season:

First match of the season. United fans as usual supporting the Red Devils

Welcome to Manchester Sir Alex poses with summer signings Gabriel Obertan, Michael Owen and Antonio Valencia.

Off to a flyer. Nani nets United's first goal of the season with a cracker against Chelsea in the Community Shield.

Wayne Rooney bags the first of his 26 league goals as the Reds resume league action with a win against Birmingham.

Shock of the season Newly-promoted Burnley upset the Reds at Turf Moor. How costly will the defeat prove.

Anderson isn't the only one at White Hart Lane who's surprised. In his 78th appearance he finally nets for the Reds.

Michael Owen turns instant United legend when he scores in injury time to seal victory in September's Manchester derby.

It's meant to be one pic per match, but we couldn't leave out this image of Sir Alex celebrating the derby victory.

On an eventful night at Oakwell, Danny Welbeck and Michael Owen score the goals to send United through to the Carling Cup fifth round.

European drama involving United You bet. Valencia cracks in an injury-time equaliser against CSKA Moscow after United trailed 3-1.

Edwin van der Sar leads the protests at Stamford Bridge after John Terry scores a controversial winner.

Besiktas end United's 23-game unbeaten European run with a surprise win at Old Trafford.

'I'll take that.' Wazza grabs the matchball after hitting three at Fratton Park in United's 4-1 win.

Scholes scores at West Ham but injuries to defenders mean Giggs, Fletcher and Carrick end the game at the back.

A dark day - the Reds crash out of the FA Cup at the first hurdle. To make matters worse, it's at the hands of bitter rivals Leeds United.

Four-midable. Rooney bags 'em all as United romp to a 4-0 home win.

Derby delight - United's 90th-minute winner breaks City hearts at the end of a pulsating two-legged Carling Cup semi-final.

Nani stars as United dazzle at the Emirates. The 3-1 win is arguably the season's finest performance in the league.

United and Milan emerge from the OT tunnel. The Reds went on to win 4-0 on the night (and 7-2 on aggregate).

David Beckham returns, but the bigger story is United's dominance on the pitch as the Reds humble AC Milan 7-2 on aggregate.

Ji-sung Park celebrates in front of the Stretford End after heading home the winner against Liverpool.

Double blow - Rooney suffers an ankle injury during United's 2-1 loss at Bayern Munich. He'll be missed...

Offside, surely. But the goal stands and Chelsea strike a hammer blow to United's title hopes with a 2-1 win at OT.

Sir Alex cuts a frustrated figure as United are held to a 0-0 draw at Ewood Park. Later, he admits the title race is 'slipping away'.

This can only mean one thing - Paul Scholes has scored an injury-time winner in the Manchester derby to keep alive United's title dream.

Welcome back! Owen Hargreaves makes his first appearance since 2008 as a late substitute at Sunderland.

The Reds sign off in style with a 4-0 win against Stoke, but it isn't enough to clinch a fourth successive title. 'We'll be back,' Sir Alex promises.

Last edited by Confucius; 05-11-2010 at 09:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Confucius For This Useful Post:
SysTaMatIcS (05-11-2010), TAREK® (05-11-2010)
Old 05-12-2010   #10
Confucius

Wayne Rooney: Manchester United need to sign two 'big name players' this summer

One of them needs to be a striker, say Red Devils top marksman...

By Alan McGuinness
12 May 2010 21:40:00

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney thinks that the club needs to make two signings in the summer - one of them a striker.

A season that initially promised so much ended in disappointing fashion for the Red Devils. They went out of the Champions League to Bayern Munich, and failed to catch Chelsea in the Premier League.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/...-name-players-
TAREK® (05-13-2010)

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Sports Basement

Tags
manchester, united