Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Notices

Computers & Information Technologies Everything related to computers and internet.

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2012   #11
Tawa

Thanked 3,365 Times in 1,740 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 44 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sary View Post
Guys ..
Regarding downloading applications, how can I set the default location to be the USB Storage ( which has a capacity of 11GB) instead of the phone memory (which has a capacity of 2GB only) ?!
You really don't need to do that. Keep the internal memory as the default.
You're not gonna be able to fill the 2 GBs anyways, large applications or games put their resources on the SD Card, so you won't be able to fill your 2 GBs even if you wanted to.

mr_j (03-24-2012)
Old 03-27-2012   #12
Sary
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrInternet View Post
There are some complicated (for me anyway) ways to make the default download location your SD card. You just need to be rooted and know how to use the SDK. Some apps won't run properly from the SD card or will run slowly. I use Gemini App Manager from the market. I've found it's able to move apps to SD that APP2SD can't seem to move. I think it works better if you're rooted, but it's not required to use the app. Might be worth a try.

Source Android Forums

Apps 2 SD Software
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
You really don't need to do that. Keep the internal memory as the default.
You're not gonna be able to fill the 2 GBs anyways, large applications or games put their resources on the SD Card, so you won't be able to fill your 2 GBs even if you wanted to.
So, so both of you guys do not recommend setting the SD card as the default location !
To what extent can we consider applications or games as big-sized ones ?!
Sary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012   #13
Tawa

Quote:
So, so both of you guys do not recommend setting the SD card as the default location !
To what extent can we consider applications or games as big-sized ones ?!

I remember downloading Nova with about 200 MB+ of data, the Apk who was installed on the internal memory was nothing more than a few 10s of MBs, while the rest of the data was on the SD Card. Meaning that when you connect your phone to a computer, you can see the files on your memory card.

Moving Apps to SD was made for phones with relatively small internal memory. For example the HTC Desire has 512 MBs of internal memory, which already has a lot of HTC Apps, and the user is left with less than 200 MBs for the apps of his choice.

Samsung did a great job in the domain, having 2 GBs of internal memory is so far more than enough. Knowing that it comes empty for the user to use.
Old 03-27-2012   #14
Sary
Registered Member

^
^
Thanks a lot, dude .. Finally, someone convinced me that I'm not in need for rooting or switching the default location for downloading apps !

Old 04-03-2012   #15
Sary
Registered Member

Anybody can help ?!!
My Samsung Galaxy S2 came with a 4.0.3 Android version (Ice Cream Sandwich) .. Although it's the newest version, but I feel that it's not compatible with my phone ! It causes many problems such as force closes on FB application, Whatsapp, turns off suddenly, etc .. In many occasions, I had a black screen while being in a certain application then getting a message of "This application is not responding" , then goes out of it !

I know many people who got the S2, but none of them had it with the 4.0.3 version .. All of them had it with the Gingerbread
version which seemed to be very stable and lovely ! Every one got surprised when I told him that I'm having such problems, knowing that I got my new phone since 2 weeks only !!

Moreover, when I go to "About Phone" feature, then to Android Version, Baseband version & Kernel version and these stuff .. they are all "off" and not
enlightened as the situation is in the Gingerbread version !!

What's the real problem ? Is my phone rooted or what ? Please Help !
Old 04-03-2012   #16
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,546 Posts
Groans: 186
Groaned at 198 Times in 120 Posts

Quote:
Anybody can help ?!!
My Samsung Galaxy S2 came with a 4.0.3 Android version (Ice Cream Sandwich) .. Although it's the newest version, but I feel that it's not compatible with my phone ! It causes many problems such as force closes on FB application, Whatsapp, turns off suddenly, etc .. In many occasions, I had a black screen while being in a certain application then getting a message of "This application is not responding" , then goes out of it !

I know many people who got the S2, but none of them had it with the 4.0.3 version .. All of them had it with the Gingerbread
version which seemed to be very stable and lovely ! Every one got surprised when I told him that I'm having such problems, knowing that I got my new phone since 2 weeks only !!

Moreover, when I go to "About Phone" feature, then to Android Version, Baseband version & Kernel version and these stuff .. they are all "off" and not
enlightened as the situation is in the Gingerbread version !!

What's the real problem ? Is my phone rooted or what ? Please Help !
Your phone is rooted and a custom rom is installed , is it new or used? if its new go back and rape the guy's face and demand your money back , if its used you can search online for a default rom and flash it
Old 04-03-2012   #17
Sary
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysTaMatIcS View Post
Your phone is rooted and a custom rom is installed , is it new or used? if its new go back and rape the guy's face and demand your money back , if its used you can search online for a default rom and flash it
It's new !!
I guess there is no way for getting my money back !!
It's kinda impossible !!
Old 04-03-2012   #18
Tawa

Quote:
It's new !!
I guess there is no way for getting my money back !!
It's kinda impossible !!
http://www.samfirmware.com/

Learn how to use Odin, download the latest Android 4.0 for your phone from that website. And flash it, your phone will have a fresh new system.

You will loose all your system data, from contacts to sms. So backup before you do that.
Old 04-03-2012   #19
Sary
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
http://www.samfirmware.com/

Learn how to use Odin, download the latest Android 4.0 for your phone from that website. And flash it, your phone will have a freshly new system.

You will loose all your system data, from contacts to sms. So backup before you do that.
Sorry dude, but I'm new into Android .. What will this help me in ?! I already have the 4.0 version ! What is flashing ?!
Old 04-03-2012   #20
Tawa

Quote:
Sorry dude, but I'm new into Android .. What will this help me in ?! I already have the 4.0 version ! What is flashing ?!
Well you can say that Flashing is a kind of installing a new system.
In Odin's case, it will format your system and your data [apps, not sd-card data], and it will install a new system which will make your phone look like new.

I know you already have 4.0, but this is how to fix your problem in the easiest possible way. Plus you will make sure that you have an official, Samsung system for your phone.

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Tags
galaxy, samsung, sii