Vcoderz Community

Vcoderz Community (http://forum.vcoderz.com/index.php)
-   Announcements & Feedbacks (http://forum.vcoderz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Suggestion (http://forum.vcoderz.com/showthread.php?t=13626)

Adam 08-30-2009 07:08 PM

It would be great if we could see the members former user-names in their profiles.
It gets confusing sometimes...

Jean 08-30-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 196890)
It would be great if we could see the members former user-names in their profiles.
It gets confusing sometimes...

Well i can add a script that allows members to post their names (or old usernames for example) , hopefully soon i'll add it. but i was afraid that members fill it up with "Hassan Nasrallah", "Michel Aoun"... (hence we get a new field for such thing,in addition to the signature,the personal message and the avatar) because that what forumers are good at :D

SysTaMatIcS 10-05-2009 06:46 PM

how about fixing the arabic and english conflict , i mean i couldnt understand a thing frmo this


فبعد تفاعل ازمة الزميلة <النهار> والحديث عن استعداد <المؤسسة اللبنانية للارسال> لصرف عدد من العاملين فيها، وما حصل في محطة MTV التلفزيونية التي لم يمضِ على استئناف بثها بضعة شهور، تتحدث الاوساط الاعلامية عن ان تلفزيون ART قرر اقفال معظم مكاتبه في بيروت وتسريح عدد من العاملين فيها (حوالى 100 عامل) بين مهني وتقني·


http://forum.vcoderz.com/annahar-hyp...16/index2.html

Rampage!! 10-17-2009 09:29 AM

how about animated images in the avatar (.gif)

Tawa 10-17-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilio (Post 200590)
how about animated images in the avatar (.gif)

Yeah with a 34kb limit :Priest:

Kingroudy 10-17-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 200599)
Yeah with a 34kb limit :Priest:

Giggity Giggity, Giggity Goo

Neoxter 10-18-2009 05:31 PM

Can you please rename the Health Forum into "Health & Science Forum" ?

Jean 10-18-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoxter (Post 200657)
Can you please rename the Health Forum into "Health & Science Forum" ?

done <a href=></a>
<a href=></a><a href=></a><a href=></a><a href=></a>

Neoxter 10-18-2009 08:06 PM

shu hal 5edme el sari3a :D thanks !

Rampage!! 10-25-2009 06:05 PM

how about adding a forum where people can sell /trade stuff call it marketplace :p

M.A 10-29-2009 10:34 AM

I have 2 suggestions which to my knowledge are not yet known in Lebanon:

1- When I used to go from Tyr to beirut the "van" really sucks and driving a car costs too much for the trip. If you have a site that you can say when you traveling to the destinantion place and where u are able to pick people up, u save money , & people get a nice cheap ride.

2- Finding roommates or flats was a big big big problem when I studied in Beirut, or when I did a training in Jbail. so if someone had a free room or need a flatmate it is hard to put this in newspapers, instead a simple web link can save both "asses".

These are not my ideas, I have being using similar links and they realy helps a lot.

TAREKŪ 10-29-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilio (Post 201043)
how about adding a forum where people can sell /trade stuff call it marketplace :p

shu badak tbi3? PS2? ur Cell? CDs? u can open a thread in the Computers section...... unless u wanna sell ur house then I cant help u :hawhaw:

RUSSIAN 11-09-2009 07:58 PM

Params in the script r.php are not filtered.
For example:
http://vcoderz.com/r.php?p=nnn
http://vcoderz.com/r.php?p=dl_up&id=111833
So anyone can know paths and that you use MySQL database. It isn't good, so you should fix it.Also, I suggest you to use mod_rewrite.

abousoun 11-09-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSSIAN (Post 202203)
Params in the script r.php are not filtered.
For example:
http://vcoderz.com/r.php?p=nnn
http://vcoderz.com/r.php?p=dl_up&id=111833
So anyone can know paths and that you use MySQL database. It isn't good, so you should fix it.Also, I suggest you to use mod_rewrite.

I suggest this too, although I don't understand anything from it !!!
I trust Russians :P

Thank You ...

Jean 11-09-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSSIAN (Post 202203)
Params in the script r.php are not filtered.
For example:
http://vcoderz.com/r.php?p=nnn
http://vcoderz.com/r.php?p=dl_up&id=111833
So anyone can know paths and that you use MySQL database. It isn't good, so you should fix it.Also, I suggest you to use mod_rewrite.

It will be fixed in the new website

H@SSāN 11-14-2009 06:46 PM

What about allowing to have a picture as a signature ?

Sheriff Ice 11-14-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaSSāN-87 (Post 202595)
What about allowing to have a picture as a signature ?

It will be very messy and it will make the forum slow.

The signature likes this are very good, we dont want the forum to be looking like the FM forum u feel like in jungle

RUSSIAN 11-14-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaSSāN-87 (Post 202595)
What about allowing to have a picture as a signature ?

Please no!!!!!!

Jean 11-14-2009 08:11 PM

I feel like some people would like to turn their signature space into a sub-forum, with a pictures gallery and a chatbox lol

H@SSāN 11-14-2009 09:17 PM

tayeb baleha el picture bel signature lool
.
.
.
I hope to see more details beside the avatar ( like location & gender ), I already suggested this but I'd like to remind you of it :)

Neoxter 11-15-2009 01:31 PM

u can write whatever u want in ur "Biography" available in the about me tab in ur public profile :D

Rampage!! 11-27-2009 10:24 PM

Well in the request a song section of this forum there is members who we only see there , they don't use the forum except for requesting songs so how about locking that part of the forum and only allowing members who have 100+ post to be able to enter and request a song that way he may become a permanent member or leave but who cares if he leaves he's not even active

Neoxter 12-13-2009 08:03 PM

How about making a Vcoderz fan page on facebook ?

you can post some of the important and popular threads, it could be a youtube video, a funny thread, a song,link or a debate..

RUSSIAN 12-13-2009 09:19 PM

If the BB-code color in signatures isn't allowed, how some members are having colored signature? They're simple users.
Also i can't understand why the page http://forum.vcoderz.com/showgroups.php is hidden from users?

RUSSIAN 01-13-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSSIAN (Post 205072)
Also i can't understand why the page http://forum.vcoderz.com/showgroups.php is hidden from users?

And memberlist is also turned off!

Jean 01-13-2010 10:14 PM

why do u want to see the usergroups and members list? i don't get it

RUSSIAN 01-18-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean (Post 207355)
why do u want to see the usergroups and members list? i don't get it

This information can be useful sometimes.
Also it's not hidden (we can see who is admin, mod etc.).
Anyway I can live without such information.

El-Meghwar 01-19-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rampage!! (Post 203749)
Well in the request a song section of this forum there is members who we only see there , they don't use the forum except for requesting songs so how about locking that part of the forum and only allowing members who have 100+ post to be able to enter and request a song that way he may become a permanent member or leave but who cares if he leaves he's not even active

I support this step..

TAREKŪ 01-20-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSSIAN (Post 207711)
This information can be useful sometimes.
Also it's not hidden (we can see who is admin, mod etc.).
Anyway I can live without such information.

well if u look at the bottom of the page u can see who is mod and who is admin, also our usernames are colored for a reason ( Green = Uploaders, Red = Moderators, Purple = Super Moderator (Kingroudy ma fi ghayro), Orange = Admins ( Jean, General, Xcoder))

Kain 01-31-2010 03:07 PM

How about a section or a sub-forum in the political section dedicated to Israeli news and Israeli news article???

RUSSIAN 01-31-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kain (Post 208539)
How about a section or a sub-forum in the political section dedicated to Israeli news and Israeli news article???

I support it...

Sheriff Ice 02-02-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kain (Post 208539)
How about a section or a sub-forum in the political section dedicated to Israeli news and Israeli news article???

We will dedicate a thread for Israeli news it is more than enough i think

RUSSIAN 02-20-2010 06:27 PM

It looks like vc is blocked. I'm getting this message:
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoderz.com main page
This website is temporarily unavailable.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please check back soon.


Site Administrator/Owner please log-in below for reactivation


Jean 02-20-2010 07:43 PM

There's a problem with the hosting company, it will be solved soon.

RUSSIAN 02-21-2010 07:55 PM

I just wondering how much do you pay for hosting for vcoderz.com & for the server where our forum is located and why did you chose hosting & server in the USA, not in Europe?

Jean 02-21-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSSIAN (Post 209816)
I just wondering how much do you pay for hosting for vcoderz.com & for the server where our forum is located and why did you chose hosting & server in the USA, not in Europe?

I prefer not to talk about such details, but what most of people might know, is that the forum and the main page are hosted on different servers.

RUSSIAN 03-31-2010 12:14 PM

I think it will be good to open a new thread for songs requests and close the old one like in the past because now we have got 2840 posts in it. It can be very hard to find smth in this thread for new members.

Adam 04-15-2010 06:35 PM

I have a few suggestions regarding The Computer Zone.

1) Renaming "Computers & Information Technologies" to "Computers & IT".
2) Make the E-Learning Center a section, I think it will be used more if people could see the latest activities in the start page.
3) Make a section for Games, having everything in a single thread isn't very good and neither is filling the computer section with game related threads.

Jean 04-15-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 212807)
I have a few suggestions regarding The Computer Zone.

1) Renaming "Computers & Information Technologies" to "Computers & IT".
2) Make the E-Learning Center a section, I think it will be used more if people could see the latest activities in the start page.
3) Make a section for Games, having everything in a single thread isn't very good and neither is filling the computer section with game related threads.

1- no problem.
2- it used to be an inactive section.
3- we had a section for games, and was inactive too. opening new threads about games is allowed. we won't merge them in 1 thread.

Kain 11-09-2010 10:15 AM

Would it be possible to increase the signature length?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger