Vcoderz Community

Vcoderz Community (http://forum.vcoderz.com/index.php)
-   Health & Science Room (http://forum.vcoderz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Online Clinic (http://forum.vcoderz.com/showthread.php?t=11399)

abousoun 01-06-2008 07:41 PM

Online Clinic
 
I'm glad to announce the opening of "Vcoderz online clinic" :abousoun: ...


Where users can ask any kind of medical problem they encounter ...
or to discuss any medical condition someone is suffering from ...
or just for the sake of knoweldge ...


and if you are to shy to post, you can always pm me and you'll get an answer a.s.a.p via private message too


N.B: 1 - all users are welcomed to answer any question
2 - answers reflect only the opinion of the answerer and shouldn't be used as alternative to doctor's advises ... we are just sharing informations with each other :)

Thank You ...

Gilgamesh 01-06-2008 08:23 PM

Re: Online Clinic
 
Ok ...I will go first....I have sleeping problems and have been avoiding for a long time to take any of the addictive prescription stuff doctors prescribe because I don't like the dependency factor and had hard time to get rid of it in the first time (on other kinds of medication)....

Any advice of non-addictive pills, natural herbs or anything that can help me get some good sleep would be appreciated...

P.S. I have tried that tea that is supposed to get u sleeping and a non-addictive medication called Sleep-MD with no good results

abousoun 01-06-2008 08:35 PM

Re: Online Clinic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by athegan (Post 116154)
Ok ...I will go first....I have sleeping problems and have been avoiding for a long time to take any of the addictive prescription stuff doctors prescribe because I don't like the dependency factor and had hard time to get rid of it in the first time (on other kinds of medication)....

Any advice of non-addictive pills, natural herbs or anything that can help me get some good sleep would be appreciated...

P.S. I have tried that tea that is supposed to get u sleeping and a non-addictive medication called Sleep-MD with no good results

- My first advise is taking a hot shower before you go to sleep ... but it seems it's not working with some :p
- If you take naps during the day avoid them ...
- coffee, tea, nescafe never help
- concerning medications ... most makes dependence ... personally i prefer the usage of anti-histamine groups because they don't make dependence and they have few side effects (eg Panadol night, atarax (10 or 25 mg), etc ...)

Thank You ...

Gilgamesh 01-06-2008 08:48 PM

Re: Online Clinic
 
Thanks doctor for the fast reply...

I am guessing these three are what u are suggesting (Tylenol, Advil, and Excedrin PM) and that are available here ( Active Ingredient: Diphenhydramine which is an anti-histamine). I tired Tylenol PM but after two weeks two pills wouldn't do anything no more, neither did three. I have tried Lunesta (Eszopiclone) it forms dependency but what is worse is the drowsiness the second day. Then I tried a pill called Serequel with the best results ever to know later that it is a pill not actually for sleeping but for more serious stuff ): (I bought it off-label)

Let me ask you first, 22 years old male, what is the minimum sleep that can get me through?

Buthus 01-06-2008 10:04 PM

Re: Online Clinic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by athegan (Post 116163)
Thanks doctor for the fast reply...

I am guessing these three are what u are suggesting (Tylenol, Advil, and Excedrin PM) and that are available here ( Active Ingredient: Diphenhydramine which is an anti-histamine). I tired Tylenol PM but after two weeks two pills wouldn't do anything no more, neither did three. I have tried Lunesta (Eszopiclone) it forms dependency but what is worse is the drowsiness the second day. Then I tried a pill called Serequel with the best results ever to know later that it is a pill not actually for sleeping but for more serious stuff ): (I bought it off-label)

Let me ask you first, 22 years old male, what is the minimum sleep that can get me through?

well i guess there is something u didnt try yet it is Lavender oil it has many important uses it is also used in aromatherapy and it does not become dependent u just place few drops of oil in a small cup with a candle below it and the aroma will be in ur room it brings calmness and relieves stress i have tried it and it did help alot and u might need it for a short period and then ure sleep improves but lets see what the doctor says :)

abousoun 01-06-2008 11:13 PM

Re: Online Clinic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by athegan (Post 116163)
I am guessing these three are what u are suggesting (Tylenol, Advil, and Excedrin PM) and that are available here ( Active Ingredient: Diphenhydramine which is an anti-histamine). I tired Tylenol PM but after two weeks two pills wouldn't do anything no more, neither did three. I have tried Lunesta (Eszopiclone) it forms dependency but what is worse is the drowsiness the second day. Then I tried a pill called Serequel with the best results ever to know later that it is a pill not actually for sleeping but for more serious stuff ): (I bought it off-label)

okey so you tried anti-histamine and didn't work, or let's say not working anymore ... also tried some neuropsych. drugs because their side effect is usually drowziness and sleepiness ...
Well there is certain drug here in Lebanon called "Normocalm" and it's a pure herbal sedative against insomnia and anxiety, its active ingredient is "valeriana" ... in US i think it's called "Valerian" ... you can try it and it's safe ... just avoid alcohol when taking it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by athegan (Post 116163)
Let me ask you first, 22 years old male, what is the minimum sleep that can get me through?

It depends on how much your body has been adapted to sleep ... but the range is from 4 to 10 hours ...

Thank You ...

AnGe|ic 01-07-2008 12:09 AM

Re: Online Clinic
 
ya khayyyyyi ma 3m nem wlo i tried everythin
even panadol night is not doin anythin though i dun take it on a regular basis
doctor i need 2 sleep plz plz plz
valerian is good i guess bt am afraid 2 try it

abousoun 01-07-2008 03:24 PM

Re: Online Clinic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnGe|ic (Post 116211)
ya khayyyyyi ma 3m nem wlo i tried everythin
even panadol night is not doin anythin though i dun take it on a regular basis
doctor i need 2 sleep plz plz plz
valerian is good i guess bt am afraid 2 try it

eno try it ... maybe it works ...
w ba3dein valeriana is a herbal sedative ma bi5awwif :p
a7ssan ma tbalshe bi ichya more powerful w betssire hooked 3layha

Thank You ...

Mandy 01-07-2008 04:34 PM

Re: Online Clinic
 
:hawhaw:i have a problem similar to athegan's and AnGe|ic's problem lool
during the vacation i used to sleep more than 12 hours a day ): lool
the problem is that when i wake up i'm still sleepy :|
and now since i have uni :W i have 2 wake up @ 7 everyday 4D(or i just
can skip my morning classes :O the thing that i'm doing :p)
is there anything i can do other than 2 or 3 cups of nescafe?loollool

abousoun 01-07-2008 05:46 PM

Re: Online Clinic
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy (Post 116276)
:hawhaw:i have a problem similar to athegan's and AnGe|ic's problem lool
during the vacation i used to sleep more than 12 hours a day ): lool
the problem is that when i wake up i'm still sleepy :|
and now since i have uni :W i have 2 wake up @ 7 everyday 4D(or i just can skip my morning classes :O the thing that i'm doing :p)
is there anything i can do other than 2 or 3 cups of nescafe?loollool

Try to stick to a regular sleep schedule, and avoid naps during the day, as this will inhibit your body from adjusting to a regular sleeping time.
Try to sleep comfortably, and avoid anything with caffeine or alcohol and cigarettes before going to bed.
Proper exercise, nutrition, and a comfortable sleeping environment all play an important role in the quality of our sleep and how we feel the next day.

Thank You ...


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger