Vcoderz Community

Vcoderz Community (http://forum.vcoderz.com/index.php)
-   Computers & Information Technologies (http://forum.vcoderz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Windows Live Essentials 2011 (http://forum.vcoderz.com/showthread.php?t=19217)

El-Meghwar 10-23-2010 02:40 PM

Windows Live Essentials 2011

While my PC was performing its daily updates, i was asked to update windows live to its new version: Windows Live Essentials 2011..

The look is much prettier than the old one(the classic look) but a lot of things are different (emoticons/Nickname etc..)

Actually i didn't like it at all, i removed it and i am reinstalling the old version of MSN.

For those who already tried it..
What do you think about it?

Bella 10-23-2010 03:28 PM

I just hate it :006: we can't talk to people while appear offline, and there is no messenger plus compatible with messenger 2011, so we can't open multiple account. But there is just one good thing about it, that you can appear online to some people you want.

El-Meghwar 10-23-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 223808)
I just hate it :006: we can't talk to people while appear offline, and there is no messenger plus compatible with messenger 2011, so we can't open multiple account. But there is just one good thing about it, that you can appear online to some people you want.

I think that the Appear offline to some people is the same as blocking people but they just renamed it :D
I didn't try appearing offline in order to try the appear online thingy for some people, but i think the old way(chatting with your contacts while being appear offline) is much better than the new one..

Anyway i am back to the old msn...
The new one sucks!!

Neoxter 10-23-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella (Post 223808)
But there is just one good thing about it, that you can appear online to some people you want.

We used to call it 'Block'.

Tawa 10-23-2010 04:24 PM

I tried the Beta version back in July, but removed it because it didn't have Msn Plus compatibility back then, I'm installing the full version now cause the new compatible msn plus is out.

It is nice in my opinion, I think it's about time we make a few changes in what we've been using for a long time now.

Tawa 10-23-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 223811)
I tried the Beta version back in July, but removed it because it didn't have Msn Plus compatibility back then, I'm installing the full version now cause the new compatible msn plus is out.

It is nice in my opinion, I think it's about time we make a few changes in what we've been using for a long time now.

Ok so msn plus is not compatible yet :p weird, although they wrote it on the website.

SysTaMatIcS 10-24-2010 01:10 AM

hated the emoticons .

SysTaMatIcS 10-24-2010 01:16 AM

New release will be fully compatible with Windows Live™ Messenger 2011
Messenger Plus! Live is approaching the release of Plus! 5. This new version, targeted for release in early December of this year, will be completely compatible with Windows Live™ Messenger 2011. In conjunction with the release of Messenger Plus! 5, users will experience a new look and feel from our rebranded websites. Messenger Plus! Live software remains safe and free to download, and transparent to install.
To ease the transition to Messenger Plus! 5, Yuna Software released an intermediate version, on October 19, 2010, Messenger Plus! Live 4.9. This version is already partially compliant with WLM 2011. Users of 4.9 will be notified when Plus! 5 is available.

Bella 11-11-2010 08:41 PM

When I first updated to windows live essential 2011, MSN was working well, but 2 days ago I was trying to open MSN but it didnít worked, and I received the following:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9319/iconyb.jpg

So, I uninstalled the new MSN, and install it again, but I still face the same problem, does anyone have any idea about what should be done to fix the problem?

Sheriff Ice 11-11-2010 08:58 PM

Windows Live Essentials 2011 is Sh!t like all microsoft products except "exchange server" :p

byeswa fejle, its not working at all, every 2 minutes will logout me, not receiving my messages.
yahoo is better!