Vcoderz Community

Vcoderz Community (http://forum.vcoderz.com/index.php)
-   Computers & Information Technologies (http://forum.vcoderz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Changing the security key of a D-Link Router ! (http://forum.vcoderz.com/showthread.php?t=19185)

Sary 10-16-2010 09:44 AM

Changing the security key of a D-Link Router !

Hello Guys ..
I just want some help regarding the problem of changing the security key (password) of my D-Link Router ..

there is a password, but my friend who had assigned it b4, forgot it !
and I need to change it now, how can I do that ?

Thanks in advance !

Genius704 10-16-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sary (Post 223527)
Hello Guys ..
I just want some help regarding the problem of changing the security key (password) of my D-Link Router ..

there is a password, but my friend who had assigned it b4, forgot it !
and I need to change it now, how can I do that ?

Thanks in advance !

On Winblows, open cmd or command prompt and type ipconfig /all, look for the gateway under your wireless lan if you are connected wirelessly or under ethernet lan if you are hard wired, that is your routers ip address. Type it in your web browser and you should be prompted for a router password, if it were kept on default its either admin for the username and password for the password, or admin for both, if not that, look at the bottom of your router it should say something, otherwise I don't know. When you are in look for wireless security. Make sure you don't set it as WEP because it sucks.
Good Luck.

Sary 10-16-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genius704 (Post 223533)
On Winblows, open cmd or command prompt and type ipconfig /all, look for the gateway under your wireless lan if you are connected wirelessly or under ethernet lan if you are hard wired, that is your routers ip address. Type it in your web browser and you should be prompted for a router password, if it were kept on default its either admin for the username and password for the password, or admin for both, if not that, look at the bottom of your router it should say something, otherwise I don't know. When you are in look for wireless security. Make sure you don't set it as WEP because it sucks.
Good Luck.

There is some info on the back of the router itself ..
info such as the IP which is 192.168.0.1 and the username in addition to the password .. but the problem is that when I enter that IP into the browser, I don't get the screen that requests the username and the password !

Also, the default gateway I get when I type ipconfig in the command prompt is different than the IP found on the back of the router ..

In the browser, the IP got from the prompt reveales a username and a password, but nothing works, neither admin for username and password for password, nor admin for both !
While the IP got from the back of the router, does not reveal any username and password section !

Does the fact that I am a DSL (OGERO) user has an effect on this problem ? since when the username and password screen appears, they say "The server (( IP )) at SpeedTouch requires a username and a password" ..

I really need help in this !
I have to set a password for my router !

Neoxter 10-16-2010 06:06 PM

i think that's the default user and password, unless you decided to change them. put in google ur modem/router name default password and look up for the password and try it.
usually they ask you to input the user and password after you hit 192.168.1.1 or something similar, and before they display the contents of this page.
now if you can see the contents of this page then ur modem/router doesn't require a password.
the password and username are of your internet account. i'm an idm dsl user and mine are something like this: username L343282@idm.net.lb and the password is something i set. so search in that page where to put them.

Sary 10-16-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoxter (Post 223544)
i think that's the default user and password, unless you decided to change them. put in google ur modem/router name default password and look up for the password and try it.
usually they ask you to input the user and password after you hit 192.168.1.1 or something similar, and before they display the contents of this page.
now if you can see the contents of this page then ur modem/router doesn't require a password.
the password and username are of your internet account. i'm an idm dsl user and mine are something like this: username L343282@idm.net.lb and the password is something i set. so search in that page where to put them.

Dude, the username and password in addition to the IP are all found on the back of the router .. but when I enter into that IP, nothing happens !! they don't ask me to enter a username and a password !!

7anzala 10-16-2010 09:37 PM

bro just do a reset for the router and all default will come back...if u dont know how to enter the net setting just tell me what type of internet u use and i will tell u how to make the settings
w mabrook salaf :P

7anzala 10-16-2010 09:40 PM

you are talking about d-link or that white/black router that comes with ogero????

ogero's router cannot be edited ;)
d-link u have full access to do what eva u want ;)

Sary 10-16-2010 11:02 PM

7anzala

exactly bro, I am having a problem to enter the net setting of the router in order to set a new password for it ..

I am using a D-Link router .. not the one for OGERO !

Tawa 10-17-2010 07:13 PM

Are you connected to the router through WiFi? Try connecting through a LAN Cable, and then go to the Router's IP on a browser.

Sary 10-17-2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawa (Post 223587)
Are you connected to the router through WiFi? Try connecting through a LAN Cable, and then go to the Router's IP on a browser.

I am on a desktop computer .. so I am connected to the router through a LAN cable, and I tried to go to the router's IP via the browser, but nothing happened !! the screen of username and password didn't even appear !!