mr_j
Community Moderator

Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Meghwar View Post
No i don't,

It is not only about Palestinians and being an undercover way of neutralization, but I don't think Lebanon can handle more hundred thousands of citizens who may don't know anything about this country and suddenly they can be used in elections by a certain political party in order to vote for X or Y and change all the political balances in Lebanon.

Lebanon is a small country, and giving the citizenship to some thousands of people from Lebanese mothers, who they may be living somewhere far in this world and don't know anything about Lebanon or its History and can be easily manipulated by any foreign media, will have catastrophic results on the ground.

ba3d na2esna yejina kam wa7ad mn l amazone ysawwto la X or Y w yfello w y3aysho l sha3b l lebnene b kaweres siyesye!...(we witnessed a deja vu in 2009)

I may support it under the current condition: not having political Rights unless they are living in Lebanon for more than 10 consecutive years or more and after being submitted to some tests about the History of Lebanon and Arabic language etc...

It's not about equality between men and women, it's a matter of National security, w yalle mesh 3ejeba ma tetjawwaz ajnabeh.
there are 2 problems in what you said in my opinion:
1) other countries do not think that way, europe is overrun with arabs who got their nationnalities from their fathers or mothers or wives. not only do they influence elections, but they also cost these countries billions of dollars in welfare(cause many of them are ignorant uneducated people who have no skills to get a job) yet they never raised that issue
2) you're whole problem with this revolves around the election, so many people 3am yetbahdalo cause you don't want to lose the elections :P

I'm also not sure if this is the same law that would allow single mothers to register their children cause many children born outside a family do not exist under the lebanese law, which is really retarded

edit: some of our neighbors fly to canada like twice a year to collect welfare and come back, how retarded is that :P

yet another edit: I actually think I agree with what you said :P I'm totally confused about this issue now

Last edited by mr_j; 03-31-2012 at 09:27 PM.
mr_j is offline   Reply With Quote