View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007   #68
abousoun
Registered Member

Thanked 3,964 Times in 1,663 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Tips n tricks!

I already made a thread for this several months ago ... but i think it's best placed in this thread ... that way we'll have a bigger collection of tips

How to add ur picture & personel informations to system properties on WinXP:

follow the following steps:

1- You need to create 2 files (oeminfo.ini and oemlogo.bmp)

2- put the following infomations in the file named (oeminfo.ini)

[general]
Manufacturer=your name or your store name
[Support Information]
Line1=For Technical Support contact:
Line2=
Line3=Store Name.
Line4=555-555-5555
Line5=address
Line6=
Line7=http://www.vcoderz.com

3- have your .bmp file (ur picture) named oemlogo.bmp and make it no larger than 100x70 (using paint or whatever else)

4- Put both of the files (oeminfo.ini and oemlogo.bmp) in the /windows/system32 dir.

P.S: you can write beside Manufacturer and Line1,2,3...etc whatever you like or just leave them blanck ... and u can have as many lines as u like inside the (oeminfo.ini) file ...

Remember the file is called (oeminfo.ini) and not (oeminfo.txt) or (oeminfo.ini.txt) ...

[you can do this by double clicking on "My Computer" and then in the "Tools" Menu choose "Folder Options" and then go to the "View" Tab and then search for the "Hide extensions for known file types" and remove the correct sign beside it ...
later on you create on your desktop a new "text document" and name it (oeminfo.ini) without the brackets of course ]

to view your work right click on My computer and choose properties and you'll see the difference ...

I put an example pic below on what you'll expect when u finish this

Thank You ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg system properties.jpg (47.6 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by abousoun; 01-13-2007 at 06:20 PM.
abousoun is offline   Reply With Quote