Old 01-28-2012   #10
H@SSāN
حـسـا ن

Groans: 56
Groaned at 38 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abruzzy View Post
what about Nitro-Tech ?
overpriced ! it's just protein with some creatine.. Protein is protein, no need for costly product...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_j View Post
in high concentration it may cause problems, so dilute it well(I did research never tried it ) and the guys at the gym said that if you start taking supplements, you are stuck with it, cause if you stop you eventually lose the muscles you have... it seemed like a lot of trouble to me, why would I want to bring to myself more concern over my health and my physical appearance...
The problem here isn't with the protein supplements... when you start training and lifting weights, your body needs of amino acids increases, usually it's recommended to consume 1 gram of protein for every 2 kg of body weight (es. 75 Kg person consumes 150 grams of protein) divided evenly to 5 or 6 meals... but when you get back to your usual eating habits and consuming bad foods, you will lose the muscles since your body is in continuous need of amino acids... Muscles are hard to get and easy to lose... there are plenty of protein sources (chicken, beef, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, protein powders, etc).. but who have the time to eat every 3 hours ? so here comes the importance of protein supplements, easy to have and easy to drink... Plus protein powders are very good for your health, all this crap about it being bad for you is just a myth !
bitarno (01-28-2012)