View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008   #1
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,593 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default How to create a DVD with subtitles

in this post i will show how easy it is to make a dvd with subtitles from any video format. Mainly one would download a movie from the internet, and decide to watch it on his 42" plasma, but he is not willing to move his pc to another room blablabla... SO he makes a dvd with subtitles (ie translation)
what you need in this little tutorial are 2 software:
1- VLC player
2- DVD Flick
(both free, google'em!)
both software can be replaced by others, these are tested-and-working examples.
Also you need a video, its subtitles and a blank DVD
let's start:
- get the video
- get the subtitles (i would recommend www.subscene.com, and if not u use google)the biggest subtitle file is 100kb maybe, and they usually come with the extension .srt
- make sure that the subtitles are synchronized with the video, to do so, play the video using vlc player, then drag and drop the subtitles file over the video, and watch..
- i'm confident you will find synchronized subtitles for any movie, so let's open DVD Flick
- click on add title then choose the video
- click on edit title, check out all the options, you may want to modify something
- now go to the "subtitles tracks" tab, and click on add, then add your subtitles, then click on edit subtitles, and make sure the character set is set to arabic (in case you want arabic subs) and check out all the other options because you will find them useful.
now in the main windows
- go to the menu setting, and choose any of the built in menus.
- go to the project setting, and check out all the options (for the 3rd time, of course i can't choose what you like and what you don't)
- in the burning tab, check the option Burn project to disk.
and new, back to the main window, click on create DVD.
this will take sometime (around 1 hour, or less for fast PCs)
enjoy..

any question?
Kain (09-28-2008)