View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007   #44
Gilgamesh
Registered Member

Thanked 1,449 Times in 834 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Does God Exist?

I was a shiite muslim...Don't worry it is a legitimate question given the nature of the subject,it is not sectarian...

Well I would like to hear one question you pondered on and the answer you got...What I usually hear from religious ppl is just illogical and incoherent. Don't forget something,religion should be perfect according to its followers. If I find something in the Koran or Bible which is not right it is enough to say the religion is not perfect. I found LOTS...As for the idea of God,there might be one. You can't totally prove there is and I can't totally prove there isn't. But here is the thing; If i was to tell you there is an invisible teapot floating next to Mars or Neptune,it is me who has to give evidence that such a teapot exists. It is not your job to prove that it doesn't. Same thing goes for God. The burden of proof lies on you,the theist. It is not the atheists job to prove that God doesn't exist, our job is merely showing that your arguments for his existence are illogical and incoherent.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote