Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Notices

Vcoderz Lobby « Everything and everywhere. »

View Poll Results: Are humans good or bad?
Good 2 22.22%
Bad 2 22.22%
Both 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2010   #1
Justin
Vcoderz Dj

Thanked 3,557 Times in 2,050 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 16 Times in 14 Posts
Default Good or Bad?

Ladies n gentlemen, are humans naturally good or bad?

Basically long story short, there are two views:

1- "People are basically good and just need to be nurtured and freed"

2- "People are basically bad and need to be controlled to keep from killing each other"

Which point of view do u support? and Why?

... Share Wit' Us

Old 07-26-2010   #2
halhoula
Registered Member

Groans: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jean Jacques Rousseau said :"L'homme est bon par nature, c'est la société qui l'a corrompu", roughly translated it means humans are good by nature, it is the society that corrupted them.

I believe that Rousseau is right, if we look at a young baby he is so pure so tender without any cruelty in him, but as he grows up he learns to lie, to deceive, to steal, to kill....
Then he loses the good in him the purity.
But i also believe that there are some people who choose not to get carried away with the bad habits and the bad actions so they preserve some of their goodness and purity.
Crystal Soul (07-27-2010), The Cheese (07-27-2010)
Old 07-26-2010   #3
Sheriff Ice
info@sync.com.lb

Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Ladies n gentlemen, are humans naturally good or bad?

Basically long story short, there are two views:

1- "People are basically good and just need to be nurtured and freed"

2- "People are basically bad and need to be controlled to keep from killing each other"

Which point of view do u support? and Why?

... Share Wit' Us
I think people are good but what make them bad is the life style, some ppl have an evil thinking but always you will be able to touch that good side.

و خلقهم على صورته و مثاله

As we know the devil was an angel, if between angel existed a Bad one who turned around and started fooling around, for sure such persons will exist,but at the end every person has good inside him.
Old 07-26-2010   #4
-t-o-n-y-
Registered Member

Groans: 15
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halhoula View Post
Jean Jacques Rousseau said :"L'homme est bon par nature, c'est la société qui l'a corrompu", roughly translated it means humans are good by nature, it is the society that corrupted them.

I believe that Rousseau is right, if we look at a young baby he is so pure so tender without any cruelty in him, but as he grows up he learns to lie, to deceive, to steal, to kill....
Then he loses the good in him the purity.
But i also believe that there are some people who choose not to get carried away with the bad habits and the bad actions so they preserve some of their goodness and purity.
what's society ?....and from what is it made ?....isn't it made from the people you think they're good by nature?....than how could it be bad?.....
anyway i think people try to satisfy their needs and that's the reason of all actions .....there's nothing good or bad....it depends from which way you look at it ....it could be bad for you and good for the one doing it....so i don't have an answer for the question maybe it's both im not really sure....
-t-o-n-y- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -t-o-n-y- For This Useful Post:
The Cheese (07-27-2010)
Old 07-26-2010   #5
halhoula
Registered Member

Groans: 8
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's not just me who said that actually and i have a direct quote for one the most respected writers and thinkers.

Anyhow, you cannot deny that the human race is good in nature because until this day there are people who preserve this goodness. And Yes the society and the society's needs and requirements render the humans a heartless race.

So my point is exactly the following:

A human in born with goodness in his heart but he is "polluted" by what humans have learned before him. Does a child know how to kill or to steal if he hadn't been taught that? NO. Does he know how to hurt if he hadn't seen anyone do it in front of him? NO.

This is my point exactly. We don't get corrupted and just live this way, we teach it to others and this is how we, the society, corrupt others.
The Cheese (07-27-2010)
Old 07-26-2010   #6
-t-o-n-y-
Registered Member

Groans: 15
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halhoula View Post
It's not just me who said that actually and i have a direct quote for one the most respected writers and thinkers.
that doesn't mean he's right ....

Quote:
Anyhow, you cannot deny that the human race is good in nature because until this day there are people who preserve this goodness. And Yes the society and the society's needs and requirements render the humans a heartless race
there's no pure good-ness ...there's always good and bad....
could you please tell me what do you mean by society?....isn't society formed by those "good" people? ....than how this relationship/connection between those "good" people makes it a bad influence to others?

Quote:
So my point is exactly the following:

A human in born with goodness in his heart but he is "polluted" by what humans have learned before him. Does a child know how to kill or to steal if he hadn't been taught that? NO. Does he know how to hurt if he hadn't seen anyone do it in front of him? NO.
yes he does! when the child or person can't satisfy his needs (wtvr they are...) he uses "bad" methods to satisfy them (bad for others and not for him since those methods are good for him because they're getting him what he wants)....you don't see a child stealing since he hasnt the physical ability to do it....while u see him "fight" to get his toys if someone took them from him.....
-t-o-n-y- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -t-o-n-y- For This Useful Post:
The Cheese (07-27-2010)
Old 07-26-2010   #7
Tawa

Thanked 3,365 Times in 1,740 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 44 Times in 35 Posts

الإنسان عَدوّ ما يجهَلُه
- زياد الرحباني
TAREK® (07-26-2010)
Old 07-26-2010   #8
Justin
Vcoderz Dj

Thanked 3,557 Times in 2,050 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 16 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -t-o-n-y-
what's society ?....and from what is it made ?....isn't it made from the people you think they're good by nature?....than how could it be bad?.....
anyway i think people try to satisfy their needs and that's the reason of all actions .....there's nothing good or bad....it depends from which way you look at it ....it could be bad for you and good for the one doing it....so i don't have an answer for the question maybe it's both im not really sure....
It seems you only saw her reply to write in this manner, how come you didn't reply to sheriff's post for e.g.?

Quote:
that doesn't mean he's right ....
In case you don't know Jean Jacques Rousseau, well he was a major Genevois philosopher, writer, and composer of 18th-century Romanticism. His political philosophy influenced the American revolution and subsequently the French revolution, and the development of modern political, sociological and educational thought. (for more info, check wikipedia). So Basically long story short, i don't think you're in a position to say that he was wrong and you are right in this matter; unless you pretend to be a philosopher that wanna raise an army of pu**ies.

But personally, you could have said that you don't agree with him instead of acting as he is wrong and you are right

Quote:
there's no pure good-ness ...there's always good and bad....
could you please tell me what do you mean by society?....isn't society formed by those "good" people? ....than how this relationship/connection between those "good" people makes it a bad influence to others?

when the child or person can't satisfy his needs (wtvr they are...) he uses "bad" methods to satisfy them (bad for others and not for him since those methods are good for him because they're getting him what he wants)....you don't see a child stealing since he hasnt the physical ability to do it....while u see him "fight" to get his toys if someone took them from him.....
Since you are looking for some answers, I'll help you out.
good for him and bad for others? Well, if he stole, its good for him for he made money but its bad for others for he has stolen their money? So you are here saying that stealing is good for one person = the thief because he is making money (more money is good while it is bad for the innocents (the ones who are getting robbed because they no longer have money). in the words of babies it goes like: "kakakoukou, tatatoutou", which means kel shi byeje bdarbak la naffssak 5edo law 3ala 7sseb ghayrak IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY.

And because of that my dear philosopher, the society (bunch of people who are surrounding you, living with you or near you, your environment at work, school/uni, home, etc...) is teaching the new born to act steal, kill, lie, cheat and etc... in order to reach what they want under any circumstances. That is why Evil is reigning in this world because "people" will do whatever they possibly can to reach what they want no matter what. They can act rude because they think that others cannot do so and get what they want in exchange. Or kill because someone stood in their way, or steal because they are in need of something etc...

peace
halhoula (07-26-2010)
Old 07-26-2010   #9
TAREK®
~ Golden Boy ~

Thanked 5,073 Times in 3,294 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 82 Times in 72 Posts

a bit off topic: Jean Jacques Russo was never faithful to anyone , he didn't give education to his children he used to sleep with a woman and then denies it, and he was selfish so i dont think he is a good example in here
Old 07-26-2010   #10
Kain
Registered Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts

Justin. Tony never said Rousseau was wrong. He was saying that however knowledgeable Rousseau was it does not make him infallible and it does not mean that what he is saying is right. I believe tony was simply attempting to go deeper in this debate. No more no less.
-t-o-n-y- (07-27-2010), TAREK® (07-26-2010), The Cheese (07-27-2010)

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Tags
bad, good