Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Notices

Computers & Information Technologies Everything related to computers and internet.

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2010   #1
M|ch
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts
Default UPS issue

i recently bought a new tv , sony bravia ex500 46 inch with a power consumption of 195 to 240W, and i have a PCE ups 1200 va / 720W. now this same ups i used to have on it a ps3 40gb alone or a bravia V series 40 inch and they used to work very well. however when i plug the new tv the ex500 the ups which is 720 W isnt handeling this Tv.

Also the v series 40 inch is around 160 to 200 W and works on a 480 W ups, while when i plug the 46 inch on a 480 W ups , the ups turns off directly.

so any advice, is this tv really like they said 195 to 240 W , and isnt it 720 W enough for that kind of tv. is my ups messed ? or should i upgrade to a bigger one?

M|ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #2
MORPHEUSP
Registered Member

Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts

it's a weird problem, but why do you want to put a ups for your tv? i use a ups for important stuff for my pc and my console only, but for your problem i would try:

Try the TV alone and test the UPS:

to do so connect your tv to your ups only and your ups to the electricity, turn both on, then when the tv is on leave it for about 10 min, during which flip channels let it heat up a bit to raise the consumption, then press the power button (without holding) on the ups for a bit, in PCE this is called the ups test method, it will simulate a power cut, now theoretically it should be able to hold it out and not turn it off. If problem occurs it might be the battery of the UPS or your TV needs a SINE-WAVE (commercial name : True sine UPS) ups to function with.

Try the different ports on the ups you know on a 1200VA i think there are 3 or 4 ports try em all, maybe a port is defective, also check the connection between the UPS and the device maybe there is a problem with the cable.

now if the TV worked fine let's say only via the port that the ps is connected to, use a rallonge with a ups tip and connect both to it.

in the extreme case you don't need a ups for your TV, i wont help you alot, unless you spend more than 6 hours on TV daily.

if you have power meters it would be wise to use em to check the real consumption of each unit.

hope this helps in any way
Old 09-11-2010   #3
M|ch
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 25 Times in 18 Posts

hmmm i dont know isnt LCD sensitive to electricity ?? like one time taffa sattal el tv i needed to chil el chrit erja3 7oto ta yemche, bas this is what everyone says an lcd requires a UPS.

anyway i tried this Test thing and it worked very well. My problem is that the UPS isnt shuttin down , ya3ne i have a router on it and the TV , the router maximum 20W , not the thing is when the switch happens between electricity and moteur, the UPS doesnt shut down and the router keeps working, but the TV which also doesnt turn off bidalo mdawa bas the pictures makes a flick like it goes black for a second then comes back. the ups only cant handle the TV and it get turn off when theres no electricity for about 5 min or so.. (which is normal i think)

but my question was about the switch why does the switch affect the screen to go black then comes back. i know those are details , but bade raye7 rase lol cuz some ppl told me ma byeswa and the panel might get harmed and bla bla bla ...
M|ch is offline   Reply With Quote

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Tags
issue, ups