Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict
 

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Notices

Vcoderz Lobby « Everything and everywhere. »

View Poll Results: Does God Exist?
Yes 44 81.48%
Sometimes I do other times I dont 1 1.85%
No 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2009   #181
mr_j
Community Moderator
 
mr_j's Avatar
 
Last Online: 09-26-2018
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,518
Thanks: 3,021
Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default

so why is it easier to believe that a God that came out of nothing(no one created him) and he spent an eternity doing nothing until he decided to create everything. and he can do all sorts of things but it is hard to believe that us mortal humans with limited potential evolved from basic cells over the course of 6 billion years of evolution?


mr_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #182
KeXasthur
Registered Member
 
KeXasthur's Avatar
 
Last Online: 12-17-2012
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,996
Thanks: 319
Thanked 1,119 Times in 872 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deAtheganized View Post
I know you don't like longer posts but there is a really interesting one posted by J()e just above yours, read it so that we can find somewhere to start...
What does that post prove ? It is only simple rambling about intelligent design. Even if I wanted to hand in that everything pointed out is true and would imply that a supernatural force exists, even If I wanted to do that absurd move, it would still not prove the existence of God. ( that of the religions)
KeXasthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #183
Gilgamesh
Registered Member
 
Gilgamesh's Avatar
 
Last Online: 11-16-2009
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,005
Thanks: 632
Thanked 1,449 Times in 834 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_j View Post
I don't know I don't care, wether God exists or not will not have any impact on my life,
Actually, your whole world would be different. Every step you take, every time you breath and everything you do, it will all be different depending on whether you believe God exists or not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_j View Post
I will not follow any teachings except the the rules I placed for myself and I believe in to be the most efficient.
You have neither enough experience nor enough knowledge to put a coherent system of rules that can work under all circumstances. However it is yourself you are trying with, so if your rules take you to your self-destruction, you won't be hurting anyone but yourself I guess.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_j View Post
wether or not I will go to hell does not bother me at all and it will never do. what is real and what is 100% guarrentied is what I am living and doing now, this is the certainty beyond any questioning, this is to me what matters
Because you suck at mathematics. Sorry to say it like this but if you knew anything about the laws of probability and how case studies go you would know how wrong this statement is.

Probability of Life existing= 100%
Amount of Pleasure possible in life= x
Amount of pain possible in life= y
Longevity of life= 100 years (for example)

Probability of an Afterlife=0.000000000000000000001% ( If this number satisfies you?)
Amount of Pleasure possible in an afterlife= infinity
Amount of pain possible in an aafterlife= infinity
Longevity of an Afterlife= infinity

Now if you know anything about Math you would know that only a fool would be fooled by the first number in each case. The probability has to be multiplied by the weight of the probable result so that you can place the right emphasis on it. In all cases, an afterlife no matter how improbable it might appear to be, would be infinitely more important and worthy of your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_j View Post
no one can answer the God if he is exists or no question with certainty, therefore no one can guarrenty that if you sacrifice your life and deny yourself from certain delights for that cause you will enter heaven
Wrong assumption, wrong conclusion. I am sure that a creator exists more than I am sure, way more, than any other creature exists (including myself). It is a long philosophical argument to reach this point..

When it comes to the so-called delights, refer to the above mathematical break-down of the case...
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gilgamesh For This Useful Post:
Kain (02-12-2009), Neoxter (02-12-2009), TAREK® (02-12-2009)
Old 02-12-2009   #184
Gilgamesh
Registered Member
 
Gilgamesh's Avatar
 
Last Online: 11-16-2009
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,005
Thanks: 632
Thanked 1,449 Times in 834 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeXasthur View Post
What does that post prove ? It is only simple rambling about intelligent design. Even if I wanted to hand in that everything pointed out is true and would imply that a supernatural force exists, even If I wanted to do that absurd move, it would still not prove the existence of God. ( that of the religions)
He was talking about God, I assumed that is the concept of a creator. The post was specific to what xcoder said not to any one passing by..
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #185
KeXasthur
Registered Member
 
KeXasthur's Avatar
 
Last Online: 12-17-2012
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,996
Thanks: 319
Thanked 1,119 Times in 872 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
He was talking about God, I assumed that is the concept of a creator. The post was specific to what xcoder said not to any one passing by..
Everyone had Gods, Greek had Gods, our ancestors had Gods, The Indians had Gods. The point is : how does proving that a supernatural force exists ( no matter how absurd it is) prove that the God as that in Christianity and Islam exists ? When Kain revived the topic I assumed he was talking about the God of Christianity and Islam, so I was simply implying that Joe's post replied to nothing.
KeXasthur is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KeXasthur For This Useful Post:
mr_j (02-12-2009)
Old 02-12-2009   #186
KeXasthur
Registered Member
 
KeXasthur's Avatar
 
Last Online: 12-17-2012
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,996
Thanks: 319
Thanked 1,119 Times in 872 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Before I leave, I also like to ask DeAtheganized a simple question.
I am a non-believer right now. I don't know about my exact state of belief ( atheism, agnosticism etc) but I know I'm a non-believer. You are a Shiite Muslim right now, but you were a non-believer before. If I die now, I will go to hell ? right ? If you had died when you were a non-believer you would have gone to hell too, but if you die now you will go to heaven ( most probably). However, YOU had the chance to change your status and become a believer again. I didn't. Thus, I ended up in hell. ???
KeXasthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #187
abousoun
Registered Member
 
abousoun's Avatar
 
Last Online: 04-16-2011
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,230
Thanks: 2,159
Thanked 3,964 Times in 1,663 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeXasthur View Post
Before I leave, I also like to ask DeAtheganized a simple question.
I am a non-believer right now. I don't know about my exact state of belief ( atheism, agnosticism etc) but I know I'm a non-believer. You are a Shiite Muslim right now, but you were a non-believer before. If I die now, I will go to hell ? right ? If you had died when you were a non-believer you would have gone to hell too, but if you die now you will go to heaven ( most probably). However, YOU had the chance to change your status and become a believer again. I didn't. Thus, I ended up in hell. ???
Sorry for replying to this post even if it wasn't addressed to me ...
but I would like to comment on something ... it's not that easy to simplify things and to just say a non believer will go to hell and a believer most probably is going to heaven ... (aslan a non-believer wouldn't care)

let's say there are certain tribes bi adghal el Amazon :P and they are disconnected from this world and they don't know anything about God ... per definition they are non-believers ... Do you think they'll be judged the same way as someone for example like you ?

Believers and Non-believers have scales and God said in his holy book :
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
لا تزر وازرة وزرة اخرى
صدق الله العظيم

It's a complicated issue that can never be simplified that way

Thank You ...
__________________
Jess' Signature
abousoun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abousoun For This Useful Post:
Kain (02-12-2009), TAREK® (02-13-2009)
Old 02-12-2009   #188
xcoder
Ma ghayro
 
xcoder's Avatar
 
Last Online: 04-19-2018
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,592
Thanks: 1,765
Thanked 4,201 Times in 2,361 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deAtheganized View Post
I know you don't like longer posts but there is a really interesting one posted by J()e just above yours, read it so that we can find somewhere to start...
I already read it.
Before acting "Believers" and follow the word of "God" at least believe what you say and act on that base. You try to prove points here and there about the existence of "God" but aren't able to apply what you believe in which doesn't give you enough credibility to start a debate about this matter.

You want to prove me that your "God" allowed men to have 4 women?

Or you want me to believe that god wants you to repeat the same prayer every Sunday to go to heaven?


And don't tell me that your religions and your beliefs are the ones who gave men its rights and working on improving the world.
It's certainly not people who think that they have a predefined life that they need to follow in order to reach the white shining place.

I am not acting rude or anything, i do respect everybody's beliefs even though i am hardly accepted by the so called "Believers" but that's what we call sacrifice for the sake of humanity and our existence together and not kill others to go to heaven.

Before debating such matter and prove points i would like to know to whom i am addressing and how good is he in applying what he believes in. You can't discuss cancer and how to avoid it with a smoker.

__________________
http://twitter.com/danymoussa
xcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xcoder For This Useful Post:
Justin (02-12-2009)
Old 02-12-2009   #189
abousoun
Registered Member
 
abousoun's Avatar
 
Last Online: 04-16-2011
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,230
Thanks: 2,159
Thanked 3,964 Times in 1,663 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoder View Post
You can't discuss cancer and how to avoid it with a smoker.
El shatara is to discuss cancer and how to avoid it with a smoker (wink: ma ba3rif el shortcut lal wink :P)

Thank You ...
__________________
Jess' Signature
abousoun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abousoun For This Useful Post:
Kain (02-12-2009), TAREK® (02-13-2009)
Old 02-12-2009   #190
Justin
Vcoderz Dj
 
Justin's Avatar
 
Last Online: 04-17-2018
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,916
Thanks: 5,372
Thanked 3,557 Times in 2,050 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 16 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Take it as simple as this... let's take it as a small game... u're in an interview with God, and u have 10 questions to ask and what i believe the answers to the questions will be simple as this....

Q. Why did u not present any proof of ur existence?
A. Because I don't exist

Q. If u care about the world, why do u let so much suffering happen?
A. Because I don't exist

Q. Why do u respond to the prayers of Christians & Muslims in America wanting new jobs but not the prayers of starving Africans?
A. Because I don't exist

Q. If you are the creator, why are there so many religions?
A. Because I don't exist

Q. Why did you create a universe then have nothing to do with it?
A. Because I don't exist

Q. When will u begin to intervene with the world again?
A. I already told u I don't exist

Q. Why do u not do anything while we're alive, but do things after we die? Does this mean our life is pointless?
A. Stop asking me questions I don't exist

hope u understood my response...
__________________
Music is what feelings sound like
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Tags
exist, god



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Lebanon web design and development
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
Share