Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Sports Basement

Notices

Sports Basement « News & info about lebanese and international leagues & championships. »

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2010   #111
Abruzzy
Vcoderz Team

Thanked 1,370 Times in 806 Posts
Groans: 19
Groaned at 31 Times in 26 Posts

SAF will decide TODAY what he wants to do with Shrek.

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson will meet chief executive David Gill on Thursday as he seeks to avoid Wayne Rooney's Old Trafford exit plans becoming a "saga".

The England striker issued a statement on Wednesday saying the reason he wanted to leave the Premier League club was their lack of clout in the transfer market.
The previous day, Ferguson had spoken frankly of his shock at the player's decision.
"I haven't read the whole (Rooney) statement. We will consider it all tomorrow," Ferguson told a news conference after their 1-0 win over Bursaspor in the Champions League.
"David Gill and I have a meeting at 10 tomorrow morning. David has spoken to the owners tonight which is important. What is really important is for us to put it to bed, we don't want it to become a saga.
"Sunday's game against Stoke is the most important thing. This is a bagatelle, believe me."
Reuters

Last edited by Abruzzy; 10-21-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Abruzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abruzzy For This Useful Post:
TAREK® (10-21-2010)
Old 10-21-2010   #112
Abruzzy
Vcoderz Team

Who is interested in buying England striker Wayne Rooney after he told Manchester United he wants to leave Old Trafford?

Responses from top managers:
Jose Mourinho, Real Madrid: "He belongs to Manchester United. He belongs to Old Trafford. If at the end of the day Manchester United decide he wants to leave, give me a call. I like him, I like Sir Alex. I think the best thing for him is to stay there for life. He will stay at Old Trafford for sure."
Pep Guardiola, Barcelona: "He is one of the greatest players in the world as there are very few players with his qualities. He's a player I admire very much."
Roberto Mancini, Manchester City: "Rooney is a great player but I think he'll stay at United. He's an important player for United. He is a United player. It's not correct to speak about that situation. I have respect for him, for (Alex) Ferguson, for United. I want to speak only about my players. It's not my problem. I'm City manager. I have a lot of problems with my players. It's important for me to focus on tomorrow's game. He is a strong player like (Fernando) Torres, like (Lionel) Messi, like Carlos Tevez, like (Mario) Balotelli. This is my opinion."
Arsene Wenger, Arsenal: "Has somebody opened the transfer window? We are not in the transfer market at the moment and we are not interested in buying anybody. We have plenty of players. It's a story I'm happy to read in the newspapers but I'm happy to keep out of it. That means we are not buying anybody, we have enough strikers."
Harry Redknapp, Tottenham Hotspur: "I'm going to speak to my chairman to see if we can get Rooney to Tottenham but I doubt very much whether that will happen. These things need to come out into the open sometimes. The game belongs to the people and the people should know what happens more in football."
Carlo Ancelotti, Chelsea: "I probably will have to answer this question a lot in the future so I want to make it clear now. I don't want other coaches talking about my players and I have a lot of respect for Manchester United and their manager Alex Ferguson that prevents me from discussing Rooney's situation."
Reuters
H@SSąN (10-21-2010), TAREK® (10-21-2010)
Old 10-21-2010   #113
TAREK®
~ Golden Boy ~

Thanked 5,073 Times in 3,294 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 82 Times in 72 Posts

In Sir Alex We trust
Old 10-21-2010   #114
H@SSąN
حـسـا ن

Groans: 56
Groaned at 38 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abruzzy View Post
Arsene Wenger, Arsenal: "Has somebody opened the transfer window? We are not in the transfer market at the moment and we are not interested in buying anybody. We have plenty of players. It's a story I'm happy to read in the newspapers but I'm happy to keep out of it. That means we are not buying anybody, we have enough strikers."

hahahhahaah , nice comment by Wenger, I like this man !
Old 10-21-2010   #115
Abruzzy
Vcoderz Team

Manchester United have refused to comment for now on Wayne Rooney’s future after a meeting between Sir Alex Ferguson and David Gill, although they did admit dialogue with the player’s agent.

The club were expected to confirm that Rooney would either be transfer listed or asked to see out his contract after it emerged that the player wanted to leave at Old Trafford and would not sign a new deal.
But following an hour-long discussion between boss Ferguson and chief executive David Gill the club released a statement asking fans to "be patient".
"We are aware that there is intense public and media interest on the club at the moment, but there are no developments of note to report today," the club said.
"I can confirm a number of meetings have taken place today, including with the player's representative.
"The outcome of those meetings will become clear in the near future. In the meantime, fans are asked to be patient."
Eurosport
TAREK® (10-21-2010)
Old 10-21-2010   #116
TAREK®
~ Golden Boy ~

for some reason i think this all " Rooney leaving Man utd" is a distraction so that people forget about the "Rooney cheated on his wife" news (Thanks Abruzzy for pointing that out )

something tells me he isn't leaving
Abruzzy (10-21-2010)
Old 10-22-2010   #117
Abruzzy
Vcoderz Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAREK® View Post
(Thanks Abruzzy for pointing that out )

Shu eltellak tamooo !!

Wayne Rooney has signed a new five-year contract with Manchester United in a dramatic U-turn after saying he wanted to leave Old Trafford.

Rooney had announced on Wednesday that he intended to quit the club due to a perceived lack of ambition by the owners but meetings with the club have seen him change his mind.
The England striker has become the best-paid player in United's history, with reports claiming the new deal is worth as much as £180,000-a-week.
"I'm signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history - which is the reason I joined the club in the first place," Rooney said.
"I'm sure the fans over the last week have felt let down by what they've read and seen. But my position was from concern over the future. The fans have been brilliant with me since I arrived and it's up to me through my performances to win them over again."
Sir Alex Ferguson added: “It’s been a difficult week, but the intensity of the coverage is what we expect at Manchester United. I said to the boy that the door is always open and I’m delighted Wayne has agreed to stay.
“Sometimes, when you’re in a club, it can be hard to realise just how big it is and it takes something like the events of the last few days to make you understand. I think Wayne now understands what a great club Manchester United is.
“I’m pleased he has accepted the challenge to guide the younger players and establish himself as one of United’s great players. It shows character and belief in what we stand for.
“I’m sure everyone involved with the club will now get behind Wayne and show him the support he needs to produce the performances we know he is capable of.”
The new deal ends a saga that has gripped the football world for a week and led to an angry mob surrounding Rooney's house on Thursday protesting his planned departure.
On Wednesday Rooney released a statement declaring why he intended to leave just over two hours before United were due to play Bursaspor in the Champions League.
“I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad," Rooney said in that statement.
"I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract."
Bookmakers and media reports then speculated that Rooney would make a shock move across the city to big spending rivals Manchester City but he has now declared his future to lie with the red half of Manchester.
Eurosport

I'm just wondering is it something good or bad for united ?! What do you think guys ?
Confucius (10-22-2010), H@SSąN (10-22-2010), TAREK® (10-22-2010)
Old 10-22-2010   #118
TAREK®
~ Golden Boy ~

wlak eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh lets hope Rooney gets back to his old self, The Devils are coming back Long Live Sir Alex Glory Glory Man United
Old 10-22-2010   #119
TAREK®
~ Golden Boy ~

Old 10-22-2010   #120
H@SSąN
حـسـا ن

Groans: 56
Groaned at 38 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abruzzy View Post
The England striker has become the best-paid player in United's history, with reports claiming the new deal is worth as much as £180,000-a-week.
it's all about the money !!!

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Sports Basement

Tags
manchester, united