Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies > E-Learning Center

Notices

E-Learning Center E-Learning tutorials and competitions.

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2007   #81
moetart
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tips n tricks!

hey guyz
somtime viruses hide folder options and after removing'em usi antivirus folder option menu is still hidden.. u can force it to appear by applying a groupe policy .. well how to do it ?
well first go to run>>mmc>>file>>add/remove snap in >>groupe policy object editor >> add finish>> close
then go to user cofiuration>>administrative templates>>windows components>>and then click n windows explorer from oustide( li fo2 by clicking on plus but explorer click on its icon) and then u c on the right side of the console remove folder options menu item from the tools menu >>double click it and disable it and then save changes ;;
the folder options will reappear on the tools menu
NB:""GROUPE POLICYS ARE ONLY FOR WINXP PROFESIONAL""THX

Last edited by moetart; 01-28-2007 at 10:40 PM.
moetart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #82
abousoun
Registered Member

Thanked 3,964 Times in 1,663 Posts
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hidden emoticon in 8.1 for a good cause

One important and worthy change in the just released Windows Live Messenger 8.1, is a new and currently still secret emoticon that will raise money for a good cause when used.

ninemillion.org, a "UN Refugee Agency led campaign to raise awareness and funds for education and sport programs for refugee youth, many of whom are forced to spend years of their young lives away from home with little hope of returning." Microsoft partnered with them and will donate money for every Live search performed at this site until March 31st 2007. They also have special Windows Live Space about the agency and we just learned from Inky that Windows Live Messenger 8.1 is also involved in the fundraising. If you put one of the shortcuts below in your display name, Microsoft will contribute to ninemillion.org every time you start a conversation.

*sierra
*bgca
*9mil
*hsus
*komen
*one
*mssoc
*care
*acs
*oxfam
*mod
*help
*red+u
*unicef
*wwf
*naf

This has yet to be announced officially so we have no idea whether they're already tracking this, but if you already downloaded Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0178 it wouldn't hurt putting of these keyboard shortcuts in your nickname and start chatting Expect people wondering where you got the new emo from!

It's been two years since a new emoticon was introduced into Messenger, and this is a respectable way to do it! It's a bit like the nickname advertising that exists in China, but in a noble way.

UPDATE: If you right-click someone with the i'm emoticon, you'll see a new menu item called What is i'm that links to a yet unavailable website about the campaign.

Old 02-09-2007   #83
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,593 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 35 Times in 32 Posts

Cover Your Tracks Online

1Yes, you have to sign in first. To remove Google's Personalized Search, head on over to www.google.com/psearch and sign in to your account.
2Stroll down memory lane. Take a look at the Search History page and pick some days on the calendar to see every search made since you created your Google account. Scary, eh? I don't know what I had for lunch yesterday, but Google knows what I was interested in a year ago!
3Clean your slate. Select the Clear Search History button, check off items that you wish to remove, and then click the Clear History button. Remember that even after you remove items, logs and backups will exist on Google's servers.
4Stop the collection. To prevent Google from collecting this data in the future, select items such as Web, Images, and News that you don't want to collect data, then press the Pause button.
Old 03-16-2007   #84
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,546 Posts
Groans: 186
Groaned at 198 Times in 120 Posts

ok this is a really goood one. if u have a download speed when ur downloading something it starts with hugeee numbers like 100 kbps or 200 kbps (mine is 12kbps,but it starts by 200 kbps and gets down).
well use internet download accelerator and when it comes down to the ordinary speed clik on stop (it will pause),wait for a moment and the download will start again with a BIG download speed
ps:it doesnt work all the time

Last edited by Jean; 03-16-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: editing colors
SysTaMatIcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007   #85
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,593 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 35 Times in 32 Posts

systa, this is not a tip at all, no no no, i have to disagree man, the extra speed, comes from the downloaded parts during the pause time, this is it, but i'm leaving your post.
Old 03-16-2007   #86
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingroudy
systa, this is not a tip at all, no no no, i have to disagree man, the extra speed, comes from the downloaded parts during the pause time, this is it, but i'm leaving your post.
still man its a tip for the members
they can get a use of it
Old 03-16-2007   #87
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

ok i dont know if this is a tip or not:
go here http://vcoderz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3703
now use winrar to make .exe files out of anything and use it with the cd autorun menus......
Old 03-18-2007   #88
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

well i dont know if u know this one or not
1-hidden files and folders:
rite clik on any folder or file and clik properties and tik on hidden
so the file will disappear,so open any folder and choose tools from above>folder options>view>hidden files and folders tick show hidden files and folders to c the file again.
ok i know its old .
c this
2-in the same place (hidden files and folders) theres hide extensions for known files types ,untik it , so the all the files in windows will show its extensions,like (billy talent-fallen leaves) will be (billy talent-fallen leaves.mp3) and u can rename into .wma or .watever u want
and u kan name some video tht u dnt wonna any 1 to c into .mp3 instead of .mpg or .avi...
Old 04-08-2007   #89
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

ok this happend by accident
i wanted to press inter instead i pressed inter + / so this commands box appeared .... i dont know wt the hell is it , so am gonna try it....
Old 04-08-2007   #90
FriendOfZeus
Registered Member

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

If u buy a new motherboard, and want to test it if its working, without having the trouble of assemble the entire pc and then to discover that something is wrong. U only just have to put a cpu and ram into the motherboard, plug the power supply into the motherboard, and then plug it to an electric plug. Now ur wondering:"how the hell am i going to make it turn on, i dont even have a "turn on" butto"n (u can even not screw in the board into a pc case). So, while the board is still plugged in, get a horizontal screw driver, and rub it gently on the power and restart pins found on the motherboard. Ur board should start magicly :>.

Important Alert: dont do that while all the computer is built. The process could damage ur hardware, only try this when u have a new board and want to test it!
FriendOfZeus is offline   Reply With Quote

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies > E-Learning Center

Tags
tips, tricks