Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2012   #1
H@SSāN
حـسـا ن

Groans: 56
Groaned at 38 Times in 27 Posts
Question حق المرأة اللبنانية بمنح جنسيتها لأولاده

Would you support the right for the Lebanese women to give the citizenship to their children ?

Share with us

Old 03-31-2012   #2
El-Meghwar
Political Moderator

Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,400 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

No i don't,

It is not only about Palestinians and being an undercover way of neutralization, but I don't think Lebanon can handle more hundred thousands of citizens who may don't know anything about this country and suddenly they can be used in elections by a certain political party in order to vote for X or Y and change all the political balances in Lebanon.

Lebanon is a small country, and giving the citizenship to some thousands of people from Lebanese mothers, who they may be living somewhere far in this world and don't know anything about Lebanon or its History and can be easily manipulated by any foreign media, will have catastrophic results on the ground.

ba3d na2esna yejina kam wa7ad mn l amazone ysawwto la X or Y w yfello w y3aysho l sha3b l lebnene b kaweres siyesye!...(we witnessed a deja vu in 2009)

I may support it under the current condition: not having political Rights unless they are living in Lebanon for more than 10 consecutive years or more and after being submitted to some tests about the History of Lebanon and Arabic language etc...

It's not about equality between men and women, it's a matter of National security, w yalle mesh 3ejeba ma tetjawwaz ajnabeh.

El-Meghwar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to El-Meghwar For This Useful Post:
chady28 (04-02-2012)
Old 03-31-2012   #3
H@SSāN
حـسـا ن

What about the ones who were born and lived in Lebanon, they are like any other Lebanese in this country, went to same schools and lived in the same society, do they need to be tested ? don't they have the right to have the citizenship ?
Old 03-31-2012   #4
El-Meghwar
Political Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by H@SSāN View Post
What about the ones who were born and lived in Lebanon, they are like any other Lebanese in this country, went to same schools and lived in the same society, do they need to be tested ? don't they have the right to have the citizenship ?
Yes why not? If it was for me I would rather submit everyone to such a test even the ones from Lebanese fathers. Ignorance and western orientation and lack of loyalty are killing this country.

Old 03-31-2012   #5
mr_j
Community Moderator

Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Meghwar View Post
No i don't,

It is not only about Palestinians and being an undercover way of neutralization, but I don't think Lebanon can handle more hundred thousands of citizens who may don't know anything about this country and suddenly they can be used in elections by a certain political party in order to vote for X or Y and change all the political balances in Lebanon.

Lebanon is a small country, and giving the citizenship to some thousands of people from Lebanese mothers, who they may be living somewhere far in this world and don't know anything about Lebanon or its History and can be easily manipulated by any foreign media, will have catastrophic results on the ground.

ba3d na2esna yejina kam wa7ad mn l amazone ysawwto la X or Y w yfello w y3aysho l sha3b l lebnene b kaweres siyesye!...(we witnessed a deja vu in 2009)

I may support it under the current condition: not having political Rights unless they are living in Lebanon for more than 10 consecutive years or more and after being submitted to some tests about the History of Lebanon and Arabic language etc...

It's not about equality between men and women, it's a matter of National security, w yalle mesh 3ejeba ma tetjawwaz ajnabeh.
there are 2 problems in what you said in my opinion:
1) other countries do not think that way, europe is overrun with arabs who got their nationnalities from their fathers or mothers or wives. not only do they influence elections, but they also cost these countries billions of dollars in welfare(cause many of them are ignorant uneducated people who have no skills to get a job) yet they never raised that issue
2) you're whole problem with this revolves around the election, so many people 3am yetbahdalo cause you don't want to lose the elections :P

I'm also not sure if this is the same law that would allow single mothers to register their children cause many children born outside a family do not exist under the lebanese law, which is really retarded

edit: some of our neighbors fly to canada like twice a year to collect welfare and come back, how retarded is that :P

yet another edit: I actually think I agree with what you said :P I'm totally confused about this issue now

Last edited by mr_j; 03-31-2012 at 09:27 PM.
mr_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012   #6
El-Meghwar
Political Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_j View Post
there are 2 problems in what you said in my opinion:
1) other countries do not think that way, europe is overrun with arabs who got their nationnalities from their fathers or mothers or wives. not only do they influence elections, but they also cost these countries billions of dollars in welfare(cause many of them are ignorant uneducated people who have no skills to get a job) yet they never raised that issue
You said it, other countries, and you are talking about European countries(or even Canada, USA etc...) those countries are not small countries and there population is not comparable with Lebanon.
These countries will not be affected politically by some thousands of foreign neutralized people, yes they are affected economically but these people cannot change the political scene and bring presidents or change the majority of parliament members etc...

Quote:
2) you're whole problem with this revolves around the election, so many people 3am yetbahdalo cause you don't want to lose the elections :P
It is not only about elections, if this law gets approved, we will reach a day where number of Lebanese from foreign origins will exceed the number of original Lebanese. we are just a country of 4 million, we are living in here and bearing all the problems and fighting to find a job or even to live in security, how can you accept relating your fate and your whole country to some Lebanese foreigners who live somewhere else in this world with all the facilities and have the right(just because they have a Lebanese mother) to appoint your deputies, ministers and take decisions you will have to bear its circumstances while they don't care because they have another nationality?

As I've said, I am not totally against it, but under certain conditions I already stated, and this also applies on people from Lebanese origins (from fathers) who lived there whole life outside Lebanon and don't know a thing about Lebanon, i am against giving them political Rights.

Old 04-01-2012   #7
H@SSāN
حـسـا ن

isn't there a law that says that you should be Lebanese for more than 10 years to have the right to vote ?
Old 04-02-2012   #8
El-Meghwar
Political Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by H@SSāN View Post
isn't there a law that says that you should be Lebanese for more than 10 years to have the right to vote ?
yes, but what if they were Lebanese more than 10 years and living abroad their whole life?

Vcoderz Community > Political Section > Political Forum

Tags
بمنح, حق