Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Notices

Vcoderz Lobby Everything and everywhere.

View Poll Results: Does God Exist?
Yes 44 81.48%
Sometimes I do other times I dont 1 1.85%
No 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2007   #121
Sheriff Ice
info@sync.com.lb

Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Does God Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendOfZeus View Post
All right all right, this thread is starting to sound like a World Of Warcraft messagin board, with energy blast and mana gathering!
One Issue needs to be resolved before we can continue with the argument.
Icemaker: Define this energy that u speak of.
i cant, can you?!?!

Can you define GOD?!?!

Old 11-01-2007   #122
Kain
Registered Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts

We can't box him in but i can sure find a definition

God's 1000 Names, Click here

HizbullaH (07-05-2008)
Old 11-01-2007   #123
Justin
Vcoderz Dj

Thanked 3,557 Times in 2,050 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 16 Times in 14 Posts

Justin Steppin' In...

The most scientifical e.g. that I can give to u & show u the existence of God is the planet Earth, i remember once seeing a documentary on Discovery that talks about the Planet's design... The Earth... its size is perfect... The Earth's size & correspondin' gravity holds a thin layer of nitrogen n oxygen gases, only extendin' about 20 kms above the Earth's surface as far as I remember... If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would b impossible, like the planet Mercury... If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter... Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases 2 sustain plant, animal & most importantly human life... isn't this a proof that God does exist? Doesn't this proove to u that he made this environment so we can live in here?? Furthermore, the Earth is located the right distance from the sun, if the Earth were any further away from the sun... we would all freeze.... Any closer n we would burn up... do u think all of this are just by coincidence?? the most logical answer is GOD!!

Another e.g, The human brain...it processes an amazin' amount of information... ur brain takes in all the colors & objects u see, the temperature around u, the pressure of ur feet against the floor, the sounds around u, the dryness of ur mouth, even the texture of ur keyboard.... ur brain holds & processes all ur emotions, thoughts n memories... At the same time ur brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of ya body like ur breathin' pattern, eyelid movement, hunger n movement of the muscles in ur hands, & etc... did it come about just by chance also??? The brain functions differently than other organs.... There's an intelligence to it, the ability to reason, to produce feelings, to dream & plan, to take action n relate to other ppl... How does one explain the human brain???? isn't this creation by God?? doesn't it show that God exists??

I don't wanna go into religious debate as a reason of not messing up & mixing stuff that Im not really gd at... but the universe is ordered by natural laws... Where did these laws come from n what purpose do they serve? ask urself if u believe in right n wrong & then ask urself why... Who gave u ur conscience??? y does it exist?
Kain (11-01-2007)
Old 11-01-2007   #124
Gilgamesh
Registered Member

Thanked 1,449 Times in 834 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
The most scientifical e.g. that I can give to u & show u the existence of God is the planet Earth, i remember once seeing a documentary on Discovery that talks about the Planet's design... The Earth... its size is perfect... The Earth's size & correspondin' gravity holds a thin layer of nitrogen n oxygen gases, only extendin' about 20 kms above the Earth's surface as far as I remember... If Earth were smaller, an atmosphere would b impossible, like the planet Mercury... If Earth were larger, its atmosphere would contain free hydrogen, like Jupiter... Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases 2 sustain plant, animal & most importantly human life... isn't this a proof that God does exist? Doesn't this proove to u that he made this environment so we can live in here?? Furthermore, the Earth is located the right distance from the sun, if the Earth were any further away from the sun... we would all freeze.... Any closer n we would burn up... do u think all of this are just by coincidence?? the most logical answer is GOD!!
Nope....There are billions of planets in millions of galaxies and yes it was inevitable that life will arise on earth due to how suitable it is (for the reasons you mentioned). But ask yourself again, was all that actually made to suit us or did we emerge and evolve to suit these circumstances? I know it feels great to "know" that a god had you in mind and made everything just so that to suit you but let your human pride and ego aside and look humbly at this possibility. We still can't reach further than Mars and you already think that:
1-We are so unique and alone in this universe
2-We have the only planet that can support life and it was designed for this purpose for us.

Quote:
Another e.g, The human brain...it processes an amazin' amount of information... ur brain takes in all the colors & objects u see, the temperature around u, the pressure of ur feet against the floor, the sounds around u, the dryness of ur mouth, even the texture of ur keyboard.... ur brain holds & processes all ur emotions, thoughts n memories... At the same time ur brain keeps track of the ongoing functions of ya body like ur breathin' pattern, eyelid movement, hunger n movement of the muscles in ur hands, & etc... did it come about just by chance also??? The brain functions differently than other organs.... There's an intelligence to it, the ability to reason, to produce feelings, to dream & plan, to take action n relate to other ppl... How does one explain the human brain???? isn't this creation by God?? doesn't it show that God exists??
The greatest theory ever, Evolution. Over 250,000 thousand years of selection and refinements yielded this great brain we have and that will further evolve if we don't destroy our planet. Everyone here who has never read at least five books on evolution should do so. You can read evolution and still believe in God, don't worry about that. But you will be amazed with your brain from a different perspective at least and you will not be ignorant on what is a proven scientific theory.

Quote:
ask urself if u believe in right n wrong & then ask urself why... Who gave u ur conscience??? y does it exist?
we already went over this...natural selection goes far beyond biological evolution. What is "universally bad" had to be labeled so because it was essential for our survival. Try to stretch your vision and scope beyond the last 6,000 years of human experience the bible talks about and you will see better.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #125
Justin
Vcoderz Dj

Thanked 3,557 Times in 2,050 Posts
Groans: 21
Groaned at 16 Times in 14 Posts

Athegan body, u cannot think of a finite thing without thinkin' of somethin' beyond... The mind is so framed that it cannot think of a finite object without thinkin' of Infinity... u cannot think of an effect without thinkin' of its cause... u cannot think of impurity, duality, disagreement, variety, mortality, etc.. without thinkin' of purity, agreement, unity, immortality, etc... This is the psychological method of provin' the existence of God... Infinity belongs to the very essence of His Nature...

Another e.g: u love ur gf n parents, this is hidden inside the body (the LOVE FEELING)... If u had really loved the physical body alone, u ought 2 love the dead body also that is in a cadaveric, rigid state with ensuin' decomposition... But on the contrary u try 2 get rid of dead body ASAP lol!!... my bottom line here, everythin' deep inside of a human being such as feelings, cannot just come LIKE THAT!!... Someone was responsible of this creation, so whom u think it is other than God? or let's say ur house is on fire (men gher el shar) u try 2 save urself 1st n ignore the property... This clearly shows that u love 2 a very high degree somethin' which is hidden within ur physical body... That somethin' is dearer to u than anythin' else in the world, this is God's creation (feelings)!!... Or while u r sleepin'... there are no senses, no objects, no mind apparent n yet u experience peace n bliss... When there r no objects, where from have u derived the bliss? Isn't this God's effect?

PS: When I say "God inside of ur body" doesnt mean u r GOD... so none takes it the wrong way...

u had been a child playin' in ur mother's lap... Then u grew up into a school goin' boy... Then u became a lover in adolescence... Then u reached adult manhood... Lastly u became old with grey hair:P... u have had a variety of experiences... There must b an unchangin' Self as a witness to these changin' experiences... Otherwise these experiences r impossible... That unchangin' Self is God!! It's the main resource 4 all these changin' experiences of life...

To be honest with you Athegan, when u ask me to prove to you that God Does Really exist.... well, the only reasonable answer that comes to my mind is the sun, moon, stars, fire, lightning, thunder, ocean, sky, flowers, mind, etc... I just cannot Proove you how Sun existed, I cannot proove to you from where mind came from... same thing as God dude, I just can't give u an EYE TO EYE EVIDENCE except of a feeling and what u r seeing...

PS: 20 voters til now, where's the backup:P?

Last edited by Justin; 11-03-2007 at 10:19 PM. Reason: orthographe
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #126
wewe
Registered Member

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

personnaly this question bothers me , ktir
there;s many thing in life that sience can't and will not prove , those things are explained in the "engile" , i am not ktir mou2min , but i hate discussing that lal sara7a
ba3ed fi shaghleh , el 3ajeyeb yali bya3emlouwa el eddisin, ye3neh if this thing can't make a person believe in god , then nothing will
ye3neh when a person who have the most dangerous disease go and pray "bi kel khoushou3" and ' ytoub 3an akhta2o" , then he's cured ......who can explain that ???
science can't , and wo'nt
when a person starts bleeding "3ala shakel salib" i do'nt know if u saw that on tv men zamen , i saw it , .............those things will make "normal people " believe
and those who r searching for scientific expanation , will lose their mind searching .................and at the end ya amma they believe ya amma they'll lose their mind , either ways , they wo'nt reach their goal
wewe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wewe For This Useful Post:
Justin (11-03-2007)
Old 11-03-2007   #127
pouta
Registered Member

Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

hey guys how ru ..long time no post..well i cant prove to anyone if God exists...its just a matter of faith.
well i do believe in God
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pouta For This Useful Post:
Gilgamesh (11-04-2007), Justin (11-04-2007)
Old 11-04-2007   #128
Gilgamesh
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewe View Post
personnaly this question bothers me , ktir
there;s many thing in life that sience can't and will not prove , those things are explained in the "engile" , i am not ktir mou2min , but i hate discussing that lal sara7a
ba3ed fi shaghleh , el 3ajeyeb yali bya3emlouwa el eddisin, ye3neh if this thing can't make a person believe in god , then nothing will
ye3neh when a person who have the most dangerous disease go and pray "bi kel khoushou3" and ' ytoub 3an akhta2o" , then he's cured ......who can explain that ???
science can't , and wo'nt
when a person starts bleeding "3ala shakel salib" i do'nt know if u saw that on tv men zamen , i saw it , .............those things will make "normal people " believe
and those who r searching for scientific expanation , will lose their mind searching .................and at the end ya amma they believe ya amma they'll lose their mind , either ways , they wo'nt reach their goal
Repetitious...Points made on miracles and the assertions of the bible and there connection to reality were debated and answered before...

As for the last part, it is what bothers me the most. It is the part of religion which insults, degrades and humiliates the human mind. The mind that brought everything you take for granted today. We'll search and look and study to find the best answers; if we don't find them, we still are not obliged to go with assertions that hold no proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence; show me evidence that "god" created the world in seven days or that the earth, as your bible chronology clearly shows, is 6000 years old. Everyone can throw in a claim, write a book about it, and do some street magic for ignorant people.

Peace
Old 11-04-2007   #129
Gilgamesh
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Justin View Post
Athegan body, u cannot think of a finite thing without thinkin' of somethin' beyond... The mind is so framed that it cannot think of a finite object without thinkin' of Infinity... u cannot think of an effect without thinkin' of its cause... u cannot think of impurity, duality, disagreement, variety, mortality, etc.. without thinkin' of purity, agreement, unity, immortality, etc... This is the psychological method of provin' the existence of God... Infinity belongs to the very essence of His Nature...
Well the human brain has its limits...Don't forget that a couple of hundred thousand years ago we were more like apes than man with a much smaller brain. Evolution never stops. The point is now this, the problem with the way humans are is that they prefer any explanation to no explanation at all.But what you mentioned is just the way Freud(atheist btw) explained God. According to Freud, "god" is everything humans lack and the fact that he cares for us and wants to help us makes the whole deal even more appealing.

Quote:
Another e.g: u love ur gf n parents, this is hidden inside the body (the LOVE FEELING)... If u had really loved the physical body alone, u ought 2 love the dead body also that is in a cadaveric, rigid state with ensuin' decomposition... But on the contrary u try 2 get rid of dead body ASAP lol!!... my bottom line here, everythin' deep inside of a human being such as feelings, cannot just come LIKE THAT!!... Someone was responsible of this creation, so whom u think it is other than God? or let's say ur house is on fire (men gher el shar) u try 2 save urself 1st n ignore the property... This clearly shows that u love 2 a very high degree somethin' which is hidden within ur physical body... That somethin' is dearer to u than anythin' else in the world, this is God's creation (feelings)!!... Or while u r sleepin'... there are no senses, no objects, no mind apparent n yet u experience peace n bliss... When there r no objects, where from have u derived the bliss? Isn't this God's effect?
First example, I can easily explain in evolutionary terms. We already discussed how these "feelings" evolved and were essential to the survival of our species. The second example, man this is survival. You role in evolutionary terms is to survive and reproduce. I feel like I am the only one around here who has given enough time for evolution, it will change the way you think.. I really didn't get the sleep thing exactly.

Quote:
u had been a child playin' in ur mother's lap... Then u grew up into a school goin' boy... Then u became a lover in adolescence... Then u reached adult manhood... Lastly u became old with grey hair:P... u have had a variety of experiences... There must b an unchangin' Self as a witness to these changin' experiences... Otherwise these experiences r impossible... That unchangin' Self is God!! It's the main resource 4 all these changin' experiences of life...
What??!! I dunno if it is that I am too tired right now...but this really doesn't sum up...

Quote:
To be honest with you Athegan, when u ask me to prove to you that God Does Really exist.... well, the only reasonable answer that comes to my mind is the sun, moon, stars, fire, lightning, thunder, ocean, sky, flowers, mind, etc... I just cannot Proove you how Sun existed, I cannot proove to you from where mind came from... same thing as God dude, I just can't give u an EYE TO EYE EVIDENCE except of a feeling and what u r seeing...
If you are so sure of your faith, read this book: God: The Failed Hypothesis.

I am reading Bhagavad Gita right now, doesn't mean I will become a Hindu. Just read to know what others have to say before drawing a final judgment.
Old 11-04-2007   #130
wewe
Registered Member

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by athegan View Post
Repetitious...Points made on miracles and the assertions of the bible and there connection to reality were debated and answered before...

As for the last part, it is what bothers me the most. It is the part of religion which insults, degrades and humiliates the human mind. The mind that brought everything you take for granted today. We'll search and look and study to find the best answers; if we don't find them, we still are not obliged to go with assertions that hold no proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence; show me evidence that "god" created the world in seven days or that the earth, as your bible chronology clearly shows, is 6000 years old. Everyone can throw in a claim, write a book about it, and do some street magic for ignorant people.

Peace
like i told u , keep searching .but at the end u'll lose ur mind , or u'll die searching
re-read what i siad about this , (last pat of the reply )
honestly , why should i believe in miracles , and ignore every thing else in the bible
it's either i believe in all bible , or i do'nt believe at all
wewe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wewe For This Useful Post:
J()e (11-04-2007)

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Tags
exist, god