Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Notices

Computers & Information Technologies ę Everything related to computers and internet. Ľ

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2011   #1
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,547 Posts
Groans: 186
Groaned at 198 Times in 120 Posts
Default 10 reasons not to buy Apple's iPhone

When Apple first launched the iPhone in 2007, it was leaps and bounds ahead of its nearest rivals. But now the handset is a triumph of marketing over functionality. And itís so ubiquitous itís not even cool any more.

Here are ten reasons why, whatever is announced at the forthcoming launch, thereís no point buying the iPhone 4G:

1) Itís expensive: Buy the top-of-the-range Blackberry or Android handset and you will still pay a lot less than the extortionate prices Apple charge. If the iPhone werenít made by Apple, networks would have had to start giving it away on £30 a month tariffs years ago.

2) Itís anti-technology: When the iPhone launched it was cutting edge Ė now as other manufacturers announce, for instance, that you can use their phones as shareable wifi hot spots, Apple says no. Not because of some spurious ďuser experienceĒ argument, but because of economics. When will they learn that itís customers Ė supply and demand Ė that should dictate feature availability?

3) No Flash: The iPhone, the phone that promised to put the web into everybodyís pockets, canít even show you most of it, because it canít handle Flash graphics. Google Android can, in the latest version (OS 2.2), and itís going to be available free on a lot of budget tariffs.

4) No multitasking: Tried instant messaging on an iPhone? Oh yes, you have to open the app to see if youíve got a message. Genius. If Apple announces multitasking next it will be an improvement Ė but thereíll be no apology for the way itís treated customers in the past, and no guarantee it wonít behave similarly shoddily in the future.

5) Its battery life is terrible: This isnít a problem unique to Apple, but look at phones by companies such as HTC Ė multitasking, better cameras, better screens, all draining their batteries far more Ė and yet the iPhone, with its undemanding technology, still only offers equal performance.

6) Developing apps for it is costing you money: The special version of the BBC iPlayer, of Natwest Phone Banking, of Eonís meter reader Ė developing all of these came out of money that could have been channelled away from a self-important minority and towards more generally useful ideas.

7) It comes with offensively bad headphones: Sit next to somebody using the original iPhone or iPod headphones and you can hear everything they can. Itís another example of Apple charging premium prices, but delivering a dressed up, budget product.

8) Itís not very well designed: Use the iPhone as a phone and itís not got great reception, nor is it particularly comfortable to use for long periods. Itís a computer that happens to have a phone bolted on Ė jack of two trades, but master of neither.

9) It charges for satnav: In an age when Nokia and Google Android provide completely free mapping and satnav facilities, the cheapest way you can turn your overpriced iPhone into a satnav is with a £19.99 app. Bargain.

10) Those iPod docks are holding back better technologies: As every hotel increasingly thinks it should provide iPod docks, the momentum behind this technology is only growing. But if it wasnít for the iPod and iPhoneís ubiquity, thereíd be more wifi radios, more new technologies and a range of different options, competing and driving innovation.

the telegraph.co.uk

mr_j (11-17-2011)
Old 11-17-2011   #2
Google

Thanked 1,100 Times in 651 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts

Why are you posting old articles? This article is from June 2010. Some of the reasons stated here are no longer valid.

Google is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #3
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google View Post
Why are you posting old articles? This article is from June 2010. Some of the reasons stated here are no longer valid.
some , but others still are , the new ios fixed some of the issues mentioned here , but i lacked motive to remove the ones that are not valid now , however back then that was the case , and right now , 2012 will be a glorious year in the mobile industry , iphone 4s will be far behind untill probably 2013. same case again.
Old 11-17-2011   #4
Sogelec
Vcoderz Team

Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,226 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysTaMatIcS View Post
When Apple first launched the iPhone in 2007, it was leaps and bounds ahead of its nearest rivals. But now the handset is a triumph of marketing over functionality. And itís so ubiquitous itís not even cool any more.

Here are ten reasons why, whatever is announced at the forthcoming launch, thereís no point buying the iPhone 4G:

1) Itís expensive: Buy the top-of-the-range Blackberry or Android handset and you will still pay a lot less than the extortionate prices Apple charge. If the iPhone werenít made by Apple, networks would have had to start giving it away on £30 a month tariffs years ago.

The Top Blackberry phone isn't efficient or nice as an iPhone, it's a ridiculous comparison

Quote:
2) Itís anti-technology: When the iPhone launched it was cutting edge Ė now as other manufacturers announce, for instance, that you can use their phones as shareable wifi hot spots, Apple says no. Not because of some spurious ďuser experienceĒ argument, but because of economics. When will they learn that itís customers Ė supply and demand Ė that should dictate feature availability?
would you ever use your phone as a sharable wifi hot spot?
Quote:
3) No Flash: The iPhone, the phone that promised to put the web into everybodyís pockets, canít even show you most of it, because it canít handle Flash graphics. Google Android can, in the latest version (OS 2.2), and itís going to be available free on a lot of budget tariffs.

Adobe stopped supporting flash for mobile, Apple did the right thing of not implementing flash in the first place, check this
Read Me

Quote:
4) No multitasking: Tried instant messaging on an iPhone? Oh yes, you have to open the app to see if youíve got a message. Genius. If Apple announces multitasking next it will be an improvement Ė but thereíll be no apology for the way itís treated customers in the past, and no guarantee it wonít behave similarly shoddily in the future.
haaaaaaaaaaa? Weyn 3ayesh ba3dak...
Quote:
5) Its battery life is terrible: This isnít a problem unique to Apple, but look at phones by companies such as HTC Ė multitasking, better cameras, better screens, all draining their batteries far more Ė and yet the iPhone, with its undemanding technology, still only offers equal performance.
Not Really, Battery Draining is the always problem of Smart Phones
Quote:
6) Developing apps for it is costing you money: The special version of the BBC iPlayer, of Natwest Phone Banking, of Eonís meter reader Ė developing all of these came out of money that could have been channelled away from a self-important minority and towards more generally useful ideas.
And you make money out of developing apps, people are making like 1M $ monthly of successful apps
Quote:
7) It comes with offensively bad headphones: Sit next to somebody using the original iPhone or iPod headphones and you can hear everything they can. Itís another example of Apple charging premium prices, but delivering a dressed up, budget product.
That's true, apple original earphones Don't fit into my ears...i like the in-ear earphones
Quote:
8) Itís not very well designed: Use the iPhone as a phone and itís not got great reception, nor is it particularly comfortable to use for long periods. Itís a computer that happens to have a phone bolted on Ė jack of two trades, but master of neither.

that's silly, it's the sexiest phone on earth

Quote:
9) It charges for satnav: In an age when Nokia and Google Android provide completely free mapping and satnav facilities, the cheapest way you can turn your overpriced iPhone into a satnav is with a £19.99 app. Bargain.
Got mine for free
Quote:
10) Those iPod docks are holding back better technologies: As every hotel increasingly thinks it should provide iPod docks, the momentum behind this technology is only growing. But if it wasnít for the iPod and iPhoneís ubiquity, thereíd be more wifi radios, more new technologies and a range of different options, competing and driving innovation.
I didn't get the point from this?
And systa, stop posting such Anti-Apple posts that shows how technology retarded are you, i'm surprised how you give expectations for mobile industry when you post such an article, holding a HTC doesn't make you better than a blackberry 7ata, just recall how easy to setup 3G on an iPhone and how frustrating you found it on ur HTC ... and I don't hate HTC

www.AutoBoxOnline.com - www.OnlineIcards.com

Sogelec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sogelec For This Useful Post:
Tawa (11-17-2011)
Old 11-17-2011   #5
Mared_3400
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogelec View Post

The Top Blackberry phone isn't efficient or nice as an iPhone, it's a ridiculous comparison
It all depends on who you are and what are you looking to use your phone for. I can never use my iPhone as a business phone.

Quote:

Why not? I always do it, maybe in Lebanon it is not doable as the data cap is still low for cellphones, what I have is 6GB plan and always turn the hot spot on. BTW you can set password to it so you don't have other access it.

Quote:

Adobe stopped supporting flash for mobile, Apple did the right thing of not implementing flash in the first place, check this Read Me

Not ture, they are still supporting it. At least for the time being.

Quote:

It is kinda true, the multitasking that iPhone/iPad perform is not full multitasking as most of the application especially the one that has videos would pause when pressing the home button.

Quote:

I charge my BB once every 2 days an a half.
Old 11-17-2011   #6
Sogelec
Vcoderz Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mared_3400 View Post
It all depends on who you are and what are you looking to use your phone for. I can never use my iPhone as a business phone.
I Agree, I have a Blackberry for Business Purposes

Quote:
Why not? I always do it, maybe in Lebanon it is not doable as the data cap is still low for cellphones, what I have is 6GB plan and always turn the hot spot on. BTW you can set password to it so you don't have other access it.
You Said it, It's because of Lebanon Maybe, and maybe it's a limitation from Apple

Quote:
[/URL]

Not ture, they are still supporting it. At least for the time being.
No My Friend, it's officially said and posted also on Adobe Blog, Seems that Flash for mobile wasn't successful

Quote:
It is kinda true, the multitasking that iPhone/iPad perform is not full multitasking as most of the application especially the one that has videos would pause when pressing the home button.
why would you want a video to continue playing if you wanna do another task?

Quote:
I charge my BB once every 2 days an a half.

That's True, i think you have bold 9700, bas have in mind, a blackberry cannot be compared to iPhone, it's true it uses lots of reception and internet back and forth, bas iphone uses more CPU and VGA/Ram for games/apps

Old 11-17-2011   #7
Mared_3400
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

No My Friend, it's officially said and posted also on Adobe Blog, Seems that Flash for mobile wasn't successful
PlayBook is still supported, not sure about the rest.

Quote:
why would you want a video to continue playing if you wanna do another task?
It is all part of the multitasking experience, do you want your tasks to pause on your laptop? Have you tried true multitasking on a playbook? It is not about just video. it is about any other application.

Quote:
That's True, i think you have bold 9700, bas have in mind, a blackberry cannot be compared to iPhone, it's true it uses lots of reception and internet back and forth, bas iphone uses more CPU and VGA/Ram for games/apps
I have the bold 9900
Sogelec (11-17-2011)
Old 11-19-2011   #8
SysTaMatIcS
Registered Member

Quote:

wer talkin abt iphone here , too expensive , thats why they are the most profitable company in the market with a relatively low market share (25%) compared to others.
Quote:

Yes i have did that twice, sharing is caring
Quote:

Adobe stopped supporting flash for mobile, Apple did the right thing of not implementing flash in the first place, check this Read Me
Yes , flash is maybe a temporary technology and HTML5 is the emerging technology, BUT iphone users deserved to use flash since 2007 till 2011 , no flash in iphones was BAD.
Quote:

only in the new ios5 , years after multiasking started in other smartphones.
Quote:

ios is a very simple light weight os , it shouldnt be power hungry like android.
Quote:

And you make money out of developing apps, people are making like 1M $ monthly of successful apps
same goes to android.

Quote:

that's silly, it's the sexiest phone on earth
to you , but to many others , its a fugly phone (literally) and its design is outdated.
Quote:

I didn't get the point from this?
neither did i
Quote:
And systa, stop posting such Anti-Apple posts that shows how technology retarded are you, i'm surprised how you give expectations for mobile industry when you post such an article, holding a HTC doesn't make you better than a blackberry 7ata, just recall how easy to setup 3G on an iPhone and how frustrating you found it on ur HTC ... and I don't hate HTC
technology retarted? wasnt for the android law , iphone 4s would still be on a single core and the same specs of its previous versions , iphone right now is in the past in terms of innovation , HTC is one of the most succesfull firms in mobile industry , its market share grown year-to-year is (2010-2011) around 60% , the highest in the world,excellent build quality , excellent UI (sense UI) excellent functionality and on top of that android , and setting 3g on my phone was a problem by mtc, not my phone.
Old 11-19-2011   #9
Sogelec
Vcoderz Team

Quote:
wer talkin abt iphone here , too expensive , thats why they are the most profitable company in the market with a relatively low market share (25%) compared to others.

First, Apple iPhone is sold for 199$ with contract in USA, 650$ w/o a contract (check apple.com), Blackberry bold 9900 was being sold for 850$ and dropped down to 600$ in the USA-------> iphones aren't the most expensive phones

There are currently six manufacturers ó Dell, HTC, Kyocera, LG, Motorola, and Samsung ó making 42 smartphones using the Android operating system.
w hayde el tonzeer bl market share ma zabta, kel wa7ad fe ya3mel post la % aw la link to backup his #
masalan check this out
http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/04/2...-market-share/

Quote:
Yes i have did that twice, sharing is caring
Good for you, i never thought i would need that, and i said before it might be something iPhone lacks
Quote:
Yes , flash is maybe a temporary technology and HTML5 is the emerging technology, BUT iphone users deserved to use flash since 2007 till 2011 , no flash in iphones was BAD.
I think this shows the strategic vision of apple, Apple encouraged developers to implement HTML5 instead of flash, Apple won't lose anything if flash becomes unsupported, others will do

Quote:
only in the new ios5 , years after multiasking started in other smartphones.
You mean iOS 4

Quote:
ios is a very simple light weight os , it shouldnt be power hungry like android.
not all 7 billion people on earth are looking for a power hungry OS

Quote:
same goes to android.
Then why nagging that developers pay money?

Quote:
to you , but to many others , its a fugly phone (literally) and its design is outdated.
This is subjective, i find it sexy, you find it fugly, its up to me and you

Quote:
neither did i

momteeez

Quote:
technology retarted? wasnt for the android law , iphone 4s would still be on a single core and the same specs of its previous versions , iphone right now is in the past in terms of innovation , HTC is one of the most succesfull firms in mobile industry , its market share grown year-to-year is (2010-2011) around 60% , the highest in the world,excellent build quality , excellent UI (sense UI) excellent functionality and on top of that android , and setting 3g on my phone was a problem by mtc, not my phone.
after reading this paragraph, i'm feeling that HTC phones will be sold in black market due to high demand, the iPhone is till dominant systa, with all due my respect to your theories

Old 11-20-2011   #10
Neoxter
Beyond the Code

Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,499 Posts
Groans: 57
Groaned at 69 Times in 52 Posts

Systamatics, do you work as a lawyer for Android OS ?
Sogelec (11-20-2011)

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Tags
apple, buy, iphone, reasons