Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Notices

Vcoderz Lobby Everything and everywhere.

View Poll Results: are you with the emission of a law that allows optional civil marriage in Lebanon ??
Yes 17 94.44%
No 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2008   #11
Tawa

Thanked 3,365 Times in 1,740 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 44 Times in 35 Posts
Default Re: Civil Marriage in Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deAtheganized View Post
With civil marriage for an extremely simple reason....

There is no good argument against Civil Marriage

3eshtom w 3asha Lobnan
Except Religious Ones. {Which I Don't Count As Good Arguments}

Damn, There's An Old Thread That I Started About Civil Marriage Long Time Ago, There Was Lots Of Members Against It.
Where The Hell Are They?

Old 09-08-2008   #12
El-Meghwar
Political Moderator

Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,400 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

It's time to give my opinion
civil marriage should be legalized as an optional way of marriage in Lebanon.

it's not only about changing the religion.
for example atheists, how can they marry ?? and what's the need for a religious ceremony if they are atheists !?

those who are against civil marriage, can simply marry in a religious ceremony, no one will force them toward a civil marriage, but in the same time there are some people who wants a civil marriage (for any reason), it's also unacceptable not allowing them to do it.
that's why civil marriage must be an option.

but the problem is that men of religion are afraid of losing money and their jobs, that's why they refuse it and try to convince people with their snaky ways.
if civil marriage was approved in a law, men of religion will not be able anymore to provoke people from different sectarians against each other, because with civil marriage people from different religions will be able to marry, the community will become somehow a merged one, no one will be a pure christian or a pure muslim, and that will harm those who use religion to provoke people against each others and push them to kill each others in religious wars.

Lebanon won't become a civilized modern country as long as human rights are abused and sectarianism controlling it.
if Lebanon became a civil state, a secular state, it'll be the first step toward BUILDING A COUNTRY.... we won't need anymore Doha Agreements or Taef Agreements or the interventions of Saudi Arabia, Iran, USA... in our internal affairs because they are using the sectarian regime in Lebanon to create troubles and control our country.

Last edited by El-Meghwar; 09-08-2008 at 10:14 PM.
El-Meghwar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El-Meghwar For This Useful Post:
-t-o-n-y- (09-08-2008), Jess (01-31-2013), majousseh (02-16-2009)
Old 09-09-2008   #13
Gilgamesh
Registered Member

Thanked 1,449 Times in 834 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Except Religious Ones. {Which I Don't Count As Good Arguments}

Damn, There's An Old Thread That I Started About Civil Marriage Long Time Ago, There Was Lots Of Members Against It.
Where The Hell Are They?

I dont understand. Civil marriage wont ban the right of religious people to have religious ceremonies and do their marriages they way they want to do it.

Maybe it is the part of religion where you want to tell other how to do things as opposed to be content with the way you do them.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013   #14
Jess
Community Moderator

Thanked 8,442 Times in 4,889 Posts
Groans: 31
Groaned at 29 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Meghwar View Post
It's time to give my opinion
civil marriage should be legalized as an optional way of marriage in Lebanon.

it's not only about changing the religion.
for example atheists, how can they marry ?? and what's the need for a religious ceremony if they are atheists !?

those who are against civil marriage, can simply marry in a religious ceremony, no one will force them toward a civil marriage, but in the same time there are some people who wants a civil marriage (for any reason), it's also unacceptable not allowing them to do it.
that's why civil marriage must be an option.

but the problem is that men of religion are afraid of losing money and their jobs, that's why they refuse it and try to convince people with their snaky ways.
if civil marriage was approved in a law, men of religion will not be able anymore to provoke people from different sectarians against each other, because with civil marriage people from different religions will be able to marry, the community will become somehow a merged one, no one will be a pure christian or a pure muslim, and that will harm those who use religion to provoke people against each others and push them to kill each others in religious wars.

Lebanon won't become a civilized modern country as long as human rights are abused and sectarianism controlling it.
if Lebanon became a civil state, a secular state, it'll be the first step toward BUILDING A COUNTRY.... we won't need anymore Doha Agreements or Taef Agreements or the interventions of Saudi Arabia, Iran, USA... in our internal affairs because they are using the sectarian regime in Lebanon to create troubles and control our country.

can't but agree with you bro bas it seems we're going nowhere bhal balad!

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
El-Meghwar (02-28-2013)
Old 01-31-2013   #15
Confucius
chou 7achich ma 7achich?!

Thanked 1,103 Times in 764 Posts
Groans: 12
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts

If it is allowed, there will be a new religion eza badkon, the ones without regard to religion as much as they are to living their lives, w mesh being controlled by religious men.

So in my opinion, not only are the religious men afraid of it, but also politicians, cause it'll mean their head on a plate.

My personal opinion is, and please keep in mind the fact that "IF you are religious", why get married madane eza u are both from the same religion? Se3eta khallik 3a dinak w Ser l Zawej (in Christianity). But what if u fell in love with someone from another religion? What then? Let's say you're freakin CRAZY about her w she's CRAZY about u, khalas u want her/him but u both want to keep your religions cz hayda shi personal w ma tkhayyarna wein nekhla2 ne7na se2abet fatta7et 3youne b hal 3ayle w b hal religion, so should we both pay the price and not get married? That's when I'm with it, cz no1 should be able to prevent marriage mn wara anything no matter what, it's their lives not peoples'.

Vcoderz Community > Community Forums > Vcoderz Lobby

Tags
civil, lebanon, marriage