Vcoderz Community
We create websites that have it all, beauty & brains
Lebanon Web Design & Development - Coddict

Go Back   Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies

Notices

Computers & Information Technologies « Everything related to computers and internet. »

Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2006   #11
sayo9394
Registered Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: software gallery: the best of the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingroudy
thanks and i really appreciate that, and probably you liked it because you are a computer engineer and this is what i'm studying probably same thinking, same interests. and wait, more and more to come.
Dats great Kingroudy, well best of luck with ur studies mate. maybe in the future we can have some business ventures hehehehehehe.. i always have been interested in doing somethin in lebanon... but its never safe for starting anythin..

slickRun is another great nifty software, its a floating command prompt for windows... its great for daily usage

sayo9394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #12
sayo9394
Registered Member

for those who telnet, ftp, ssh, and do serial connections... these are good tools, not the best... but free and reliable
Terra Term Pro for Windows (serial and telnet)
Putty best for ssh, rlogin, telnet great to use telneting to Linux OS

for the photographers here, and image editting lovers
GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. Born by the Linux community, and now is available under windows. i believe this is the best and powerful FREE image editor under Linux and Windwos. First u need to install GTK+ 2 Runtime Environment (version 2.8.18, for Windows 2000 and newer) then The GIMP for Windows (version 2.2.13, fixed installer)

cheers,
Simon
sayo9394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006   #13
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,653 Times in 1,593 Posts
Groans: 55
Groaned at 35 Times in 32 Posts
Post Re: software gallery: the best of the best

Picasa 2.6.0 automatically finds and organizes all of your pictures including: jgeg ,tiff, bmp, psd, and standard camera movie files. Sending pictures with e-mail used to mean five steps just to get it right. Picasa lets you pick the size and then automatically attaches your pictures. Browse through all your pictures and view slideshows of your albums with the click of a button. Enhance, fix red-eye, and even crop without losing data or permanently changing your original picture.

FFD video encoder is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DivX, XviD, WMV, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 movies. It uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project for video decompression, postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD, which is GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder.
Old 12-12-2006   #14
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

McAfee desktop Firewall 8.5 build 691 proactively defends and controls clients to prevent new threats that anti-virus alone cannot. By providing comprehensive network and application firewall capabilities combined with intrusion detection technology. Desktop Firewall prevents clients from sending or receiving hostile threats from unauthorized network traffic or applications. It also prevents authorized applications from being manipulated in order to send or receive threats across the network. McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator provides scalable centralized management, deployment, and reporting on Desktop Firewall. In addition Desktop Firewall provides unparalleled client security and return on investment by integrating with McAfee VirusScan Entreprise and ePolicy Orchestrator.
Old 12-12-2006   #15
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Realtek AC97 audio driver 3.96, This driver supports all ALC series audio chipsets from ALC101 up to ALC861. It is used as onboard sound on many motherboards. Chips covered include ALC101/201/202/203/250/650/653/655/658/861.
Old 12-13-2006   #16
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Blindwrite 6.0.1.19, your ultimate game copy back up tool! BlindWrite extracts all the characteristics of your media to your harddrive to reproduce a working copy of your media. It allows you to protect your investments against damage caused by children, scratches or by frequent use. Your personal CD or DVD backups can even be run directly from your computer using a virtual drive (i.e. Daemon Tools). Blind write's Game Copy Software supports a large number of formats and is regularly updated to support the latest technology. Combined with CopyToDVD, it is a complete set of software for all your backup needs: data files, 1:1 CD/DVD backups, audio CDs from music files and DVD movies. A must-have! Blind Write supports all popular CD/DVD writers and handles every available DVD format (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-RAM, DVD+R Double Layer, DVD-R Dual Layer).

Old 12-13-2006   #17
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Mozilla Firefox 3 alpha 1 i hesitated to post this or not, but i said i should share, and one remark is that version 3 has the codename gran paradiso.

and here is another note about software development:
alpha----> beta-----> RC or release candidate------> final release
so this firefox is still far from being released.
Old 12-13-2006   #18
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

replay converter 2.40 is the easiest way to convert video and audio files. You simply pick the files to convert, choose an output format, and click a button to start the process. Everything happens automatically.
  • Converts all of the popular audio and video formats including: Windows Media, Real, MPEG-4 Video, Flash Video (SWF and FLV), QuickTime, AVI (DivX and xVid), MP3, OGG, WAV, iPod Video, PSP Video
  • Convenient.
  • No Technical Knowledge Required.
Old 12-13-2006   #19
sayo9394
Registered Member

Google Earth, the greatest software for satelite view of the whole world.

Google sketchup, one the best and free 3d modelling software. models built can be integrated to Google Earth.

CCleaner, by far the best free Computer Cleaner out there. cleans your bin, your history, you temp and internet temp folder, clears your cache... you'll be surprise on how much space it will free up for you. I really recommend this.

DiskPie from PC Magazine is another great tool, i love this one. Have you ever wondered where all this space is being taken??? DiskPie shows you, in a pie graph, the size of folders in your system. it also can show you the largest files and their location.

UltraEdit, the best editor for JAVA, C++, C, HTML, XML, etc... really is a dream editor for all programmers...

wat else do i have??? (all the above software is stuff that be used daily and are important to have)

oh yeah... ULTRAVNC, really the best, powerful, easy to use and free software that can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location. also allows multiple connections, and doesn't kill the computer. at times i VNC to 3 machines without moving away from my desk.

MySQL Database, arguably one the most used SQL databases for you programmers. Also is free..

well i guess dats about all i can remember for now...
i would really advice to download CCleaner, and DiskPie..

take care
Old 12-13-2006   #20
Kingroudy
Super Moderator

Sony vegas 7.0c
A complete solution for digital video production, audio recording, editing and mixing, streaming content creation, and surround-sound production. With an unparalleled feature set and proven ease-of-use, Vegas sets a new standard for professional multimedia production.
Sony Vegas - Professional HD Video, Audio, and DVD Creation!
The Vegas+DVD Production Suite combines Vegas 7, DVD Architect 4, and Dolby Digital® AC-3 encoding software to offer an integrated environment for all phases of professional video, audio, DVD, and broadcast production. This suite lets you edit and process DV, HDV, SD/HD-SDI, and all XDCAM formats in real time, fine-tune audio with precision, and author surround sound, dual-layer DVDs. * Precise Editing Tools
Arrange events on the timeline using Windows® drag-and-drop functionality, then expertly edit complex SD or HD projects using mouse or keyboard trimming and powerful ripple editing modes. Features include improved video monitoring, customizable window layouts, color-coded snapping, improved HDV, SDI and XDCAM support, Cinescore plug-in support, A/V synchronization detect and repair, playhead scrubbing, drag ripple and arrange, source project editing, and auto-frame quantization.

* Efficient, Professional Workflow
The Vegas 7 interface provides a fully customizable workspace for accomplishing a wide range of production requirements. Dock multiple windows across multiple monitors, and save your layouts to fit specific editing tasks; nest Vegas projects within the timeline, customize and save keyboard commands, and use application scripting to automate repetitive tasks. System-wide media management produces maximum efficiency. Network rendering saves time by using multiple computers and networked drive arrays to render complex projects. Vegas software also supports 24p, HD and HDV editing.

* Superior Audio Control
Vegas software provides the ultimate in audio flexibility, including unlimited tracks, 24-bit/192 kHz audio support, on the fly punch-in recording, 5.1 surround mixing, effects automation, and time compress/expand. Apply over 30 customizable, real-time audio effects including EQ, Reverb, Delay, and more. Vegas 7 software natively supports VST audio plug-ins-expanding your audio processing and mixing options.

* Powerful DVD Authoring
Create DVDs with multiple video angles, subtitles, multiple languages, and running commentary. Apply image-correction filters to fine-tune still images and video. Filters include Brightness and Contrast, Levels, Auto Levels, Crop, and Anti-Flicker. Set CSS and Macrovision® copy-protection flags when creating masters. DVD Architect 4 software also supports the latest devices including dual-layer DVD burners.

Sony DVD architech 4.0a

The Vegas+DVD Production Suite combines Vegas 7, DVD Architect 4, and Dolby Digital® AC-3 encoding software to offer an integrated environment for all phases of professional video, audio, DVD, and broadcast production. This suite lets you edit and process DV, HDV, SD/HD-SDI, and all XDCAM formats in real time, fine-tune audio with precision, and author surround sound, dual-layer DVDs.

General Features :

New! Scripting support
New! Random playlist playback
New! Parental control
New! Cinescore plug-in integration
Photoshop® (PSD) layer support
Jacket picture creation
Theme export
Menu-based and single movie DVD creation
Easy-to-use drag-and-drop functionality
Unlimited number of undo/redo
Media Explorer
Adjustable Project and File Optimization Settings
Multi-monitor support
Multi-processor support
Fully customizable toolbars
Get Media from the web
DVD Editing and Layout Features :

New! Keyframeable Transformations
New! Keyframeable Crop and Effects
New! Additional marker types
New! Graphical subtitles
New! Title reordering
New! Snap to I-Frame
New! Greater than 100% zoom
New! 4:3 and 16:9 preview settings
DVD Mastering tools: DLT, DDP, CMF
Project playlists
Copy-protection tools (CSS and Macrovision®)
Media effects
Project navigation tool
Still and motion menu creation
Support for multiple video titles
Real-time external monitor preview via i.LINK®/IEEE-1394
Subtitle creation and support
Multiple audio track support
Programmable end actions for menus and media
Project overview window
Enhanced asset behavior control
Multiple menus with up to 36 buttons per menu
Menu object editing, alignment and sizing tools
Text editing and shadow effects
Object snapping
Slide image rotation
Add, edit, and move chapter points
Title and Action safe grid area
Customizable Themes
Menu looping
Video Features :

New! Buttons on video
New! Crop and adjust dialog
New! Slideshow animations
New! Picture slideshow duration
Multiangle video selection
DVD movie creation
Picture slideshows
Elementary stream import
24p DVD encoding
No re-encoding of compliant files
NTSC and PAL in normal (4:3) and wide-screen (16:9) formats
Imports AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MOV, WMV, and a variety of still image formats
Audio Features :

New! ATRAC Support
New! Multichannel source media support
Multiple audio track support
Music compilations
Attach audio files to menus
Media file previewing
Import WAV, MP3, WMA, PCA, AIF, MPEG audio, AC-3 5.1 or stereo into your DVD Architect project
24-bit/192kHz audio support
Testing and Burning Features :

New! Burn mastered folder
New! 8cm to 12cm DVD Copy
New! Button overlap indication
Smart-project re-prepare
Dual-layer burning and authoring support
Real-time project previewing with virtual DVD remote control or to external monitor
DVD project verification and preparation
Advanced DVD disc optimization with adjustable bitrates
Fit to disc option
Supports a wide variety of DVD burners

Supported File Formats
: Video Input Formats: AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MOV, WMV
Supported Audio Formats:
WAV, MP3, WMA, PCA, OGG, AIF, MPEG audio, AC-3 5.1 or stereo
Image Input Formats: PSD, BMP, JPG, PNG, TGA, TIF, GIF,
DVD encoding, Video: NTSC 4:3, NTSC Widescreen, PAL 4:3, PAL Widescreen
DVD encoding, Audio: AC-3 5.1 or stereo, PCM

Vcoderz Community > Computer Zone > Computers & Information Technologies