Share Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2010   #1
mr_j
Community Moderator

Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default stupid distractions

This thread is about my opinion on the political situation in Lebanon, and basically the title sums it up, everything you see on the news is a distraction keeping you from worrying about the important things, that's what I have noticed.

I used to mock Americans because most of them don't know where the middle east is, and they never heard of Lebanon for example and their complete ignorance in foreign policy and geography etc... but lately, I realized they are the smart ones. You know what these people care about? if the power cuts for an hour in the US there would be a panic, people would be outraged, they care about their health, the crime rate, their education etc... And that my friends is what makes the difference between a good life and a bad life that is what actually matters.

For around 5 years all you hear and worry about is the hariri case, who killed him, el arar el zané, the judge etc... and while the headlines and newspapers front pages are keeping you busy with that, the taxes are increasing, no one cares, electricity and communications became worse, no one cares, we have very retarded social laws that needs to be fixed, no one cares.

it's like wrestling(I don't know if any of you watch(ed) it) they keep creating scenarios and dramas to keep the audience hooked and there is never any ending or one solution for it, this is what politics is in lebanon, there is always something happening and our standards of living are never a priority. And looking at our political leaders, they are willing to stomach this for a long long time, no one is eager to get it over with, change the subject or move on, there will always be something...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mr_j For This Useful Post:
-t-o-n-y- (12-15-2010), El-Meghwar (12-16-2010), Justin (12-15-2010), KeXasthur (12-15-2010), Sheriff Ice (12-16-2010), SysTaMatIcS (12-16-2010), xcoder (12-15-2010)
Old 12-15-2010   #2
Tawa

Thanked 3,365 Times in 1,740 Posts
Groans: 29
Groaned at 44 Times in 35 Posts

That's all the media and the politicians are ever talking about! The things that separate us. Things that make us different from one another. That's the way the ruling class operates in any society. They try to divide the rest of the people. They keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they, the rich, can run off with all the ****ing money! Fairly simple thing! Happens to work! You know? Anything different! That's what they're gonna talk about race, religion, ethnic and national background, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality, anything can do, keep us fighting with each other, so that they can keep going to the bank!

- George Carlin

H@SSŕN (12-15-2010), mr_j (12-15-2010)
Old 12-15-2010   #3
KeXasthur
Registered Member

Thanked 1,119 Times in 872 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts

lol actually not only they don't care, they flat-out ignore it. A few days ago in uni some guy in environmental class ridiculed the teacher when he said the fire problems and contaminations and pollutions in Lebanon and the overall hazard to our health and resources is increasing by saying it is not important because there are "much better things" to worry about. He simply opened a discussion saying we shouldn't worry about anything like that because the "situation" is much more important. Your post reminded me of that now, I really don't understand how people even initiate with their thinking process; It's just a huge mess, and the solution despite everything was always in our hands, but we like to be spectators. Probably too much Turkish and Egyptian Drama are not helping either
KeXasthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #4
mr_j
Community Moderator

Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,156 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts

the situation is not more important, the situation is just in the media, and because of the lack of individual brains in our society, we are incline to follow whatever the media tells us

personally, my electricity, my Internet, my health is worth Daniel Belmar, and all the political leaders in lebanon combined, if they are not in their position to serve us, their people, I don't care what happens to them

we were sent on daily protests a few years back michen el telet l m3atil, under the rain, in the nights etc... and we went everyday, doesn't the electricity deserve a decent protest? or the fuel prices? they now have us dwelling on their personal problems. Drama between hariri and nahas and michel el mur and HA

I'm getting more and more sick of this country everyday
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr_j For This Useful Post:
Justin (12-15-2010), Sheriff Ice (12-16-2010), xcoder (12-15-2010)
Old 12-16-2010   #5
El-Meghwar
Political Moderator

Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,400 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

As long as our people are sheep who follow their religious leader, things will become worse.
When the religious leader in our country tell his sheep that X killed Y because he's trying to wipe out our f**king Y sect, the stupid followers will believe him because he represent their f**ed up sect.

The religious leader doesn't care about electricity neither about Internet neither about the fuel price, because he's getting them for free, so don't expect him to ask his sheep to hit the ground asking for such "secondary" concerns.

I always say this and i will keep saying it: the MAIN problem in Lebanon is the sectarian regime, our constitution cannot manage a piece of a jungle so how about a country??
when we get a new regime(a secular one) and a new modern constitution, a new modern educational system. we can talk then about other things, till then this is not a country, and the majority living in are not people.

El-Meghwar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to El-Meghwar For This Useful Post:
Sheriff Ice (12-16-2010)
Old 12-16-2010   #6
Sheriff Ice
info@sync.com.lb

Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,306 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts

Well yesterday i was having this discussion with an Old Man,
i told him that what is happening is really shitty, this is not the problem of our leaders this is the problem of our people, as El Meghwar Said, as long as the lebanese people will keep listening to the religious A$$holes our coutry will stay like this.

Everytime a political party is in a critical situation where its business and situation is in danger they hide behind religion, LF/Kataeb did it earlier in 1975, and now hariri is doing it, what happened 2/3 days ago in tripoly is a clear example of what i am talking about.

Every time a political leader is going to be hanged by his balls he uses religion and start filling his supporters with stupid religious fears that will lead that he is the hero(saver) of the religion, this is really stupid, is total bull$hit,

All the lebanese politicians are children/inherited politics from their family,
we are ruled by a bunch of hypocrites, money and power fanatics, do expect gemayel/cham3oun/hariri/salam/khazen/karami/frangieh to destroy the source of their wealth? if yes that go get a life.
El-Meghwar (12-16-2010), Justin (12-17-2010), xcoder (12-16-2010)
Old 12-16-2010   #7
TAREK®
~ Golden Boy ~

Thanked 5,073 Times in 3,294 Posts
Groans: 190
Groaned at 82 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Ice View Post
as El Meghwar Said, as long as the lebanese people will keep listening to the religious A$$holes our coutry will stay like this.
not all religious figures are a$$holes, u can't say that SHN is like Jouzou for example

Quote:
Every time a political leader is going to be hanged by his balls he uses religion and start filling his supporters with stupid religious fears that will lead that he is the hero(saver) of the religion, this is really stupid, is total bull$hit,
100%

Quote:
All the lebanese politicians are children/inherited politics from their family,
we are ruled by a bunch of hypocrites, money and power fanatics, do expect gemayel/cham3oun/hariri/salam/khazen/karami/frangieh to destroy the source of their wealth? if yes that go get a life.
add Berri to that list, the guy has been ra2is majles el nouweb for 15 years straight

now my question is (to the FPMers that said that all politicians are sh!t and i hope i don't get bashed for this ) : when u say "all politicians" do u include GMA? u see he is a politician too , and do u see him "destroying the source of his wealth" for his country?

Last edited by TAREK®; 12-16-2010 at 06:41 PM.
TAREK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #8
-t-o-n-y-
Registered Member

Groans: 15
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAREK® View Post
not all religious figures are a$$holes, u can't say that SHN is like Jouzou for example
he's a religious figure who is talking about politics....which I think it's wrong. Most of his supporters only follows him because he's a shiite religious figure. Politics shouldn't be a subject in a religious ceremony! as long as religious people talk about politics and there's 7ezeb senne w 7ezeb masi7e w mou2ewame eslemye w mou2ewame masi7ye, and political parties getting help(financial help and weapons) from other countries, we will still live in a ****ed up country.

and about the subject i personally don't care at all about shouhoud zour and who killed rafiq l 7ariri...as mr_j said they're all distractions.
-t-o-n-y- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #9
Kain
Registered Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,439 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by -t-o-n-y- View Post
he's a religious figure who is talking about politics....which i think it's wrong. most of his supporters only follows him because he's a shiite religious figure.

ما تتسرع و تحكي عن شي بعدك ما بتفهمو. اذا بمنظومتك الفكرية أو العقائدية بتعتبر هالشي غلط ما تعمم هالمبدأ عالجميع و تقول انو غلط. و بهالموضوع بالذات تبيّن انو ما عندك ادنى فكرة عن مفهوم السياسة بالمنظومة الاسلامية و خاصة بالفكر الشيعي.

Last edited by Kain; 12-16-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kain For This Useful Post:
TAREK® (12-16-2010), The Cheese (12-16-2010)
Old 12-16-2010   #10
-t-o-n-y-
Registered Member

Groans: 15
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post

ما تتسرع و تحكي عن شي بعدك ما بتفهمو. اذا بمنظومتك الفكرية أو العقائدية بتعتبر هالشي غلط ما تعمم هالمبدأ عالجميع و تقول انو غلط. و بهالموضوع بالذات تبيّن انو ما عندك ادنى فكرة عن مفهوم السياسة بالمنظومة الاسلامية و خاصة بالفكر الشيعي.

"which I think it's wrong" ," Most of his supporters"....
-t-o-n-y- is offline   Reply With Quote

Vcoderz Community > Political Section > Political Forum

Tags
distractions, stupid